2024 college football season

The score of the Alabama game didn't reflect what happened on the field. Bama did NOT look good. I was not at all happy.

The RT was stunningly bad.

They were penalized constantly throughout the game (to include a targeting penalty which seemed unintentional but I guess intent doesn't matter).

They let receivers get open and were lucky that the opposing QB was a lousy passer (but excellent runner).

At this point, QB Milroe is vastly overrated imo. Great runner, questionable passer and decision maker.

21 of their points came late in the game. The opponent was tired and worn down.

They play a real team next Saturday (Wisconsin) and will HAVE to improve to have a decent chance of winning. Again, ignore the score.

Jmo.

4 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

The score of the Alabama game didn't reflect what happened on the field. Bama did NOT look good. I was not at all happy.

The RT was stunningly bad.

They were penalized constantly throughout the game (to include a targeting penalty which seemed unintentional but I guess intent doesn't matter).

They let receivers get open and were lucky that the opposing QB was a lousy passer (but excellent runner).

At this point, QB Milroe is vastly overrated imo. Great runner, questionable passer and decision maker.

21 of their points came late in the game. The opponent was tired and worn down.

They play a real team next Saturday (Wisconsin) and will HAVE to improve to have a decent chance of winning. Again, ignore the score.

Jmo.

They will easily beat wisky 

On 9/7/2024 at 7:06 PM, Buffalo716 said:

And Notre Dame season is done

I don't think so. They play other lesser teams and will work their way into the playoffs. That said, it doesn't seem fair. They should just join a conference (Big Ten) and face real teams.

Jmo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/9/2024 at 8:52 AM, Bill from NYC said:

I don't think so. They play other lesser teams and will work their way into the playoffs. That said, it doesn't seem fair. They should just join a conference (Big Ten) and face real teams.

Jmo.

For clarity, they are already part of a conference.

Their football program remains independent, but the school is a member of the ACC:  https://theacc.com/index.aspx?path=notre_dame

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/9/2024 at 8:55 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

So...Carolina Panthers vs. Alabama in the annual 'what if' game? 🤔😉😁

When Alabama was the National Champion in 2021 they had what I consider to be one of the best teams in college football history, especially on offense. That said, there was NO WAY that they could have beat the worst team in the NFL, and I even posted this at the time.

College teams just cannot defeat NFL teams.

Edited by Bill from NYC

On 9/7/2024 at 9:46 PM, BuffaloRebound said:

Tough game for Shadeur.  I’m not seeing it in terms of NFL potential.  Slow eyes, slow release, average athlete.  

Credit where it’s due.  Shadeur looks fantastic tonight.  Best I’ve seen him play.  He’s been getting rid of the ball quickly and has been extremely accurate.  Impressive performance.