2024 college football season

6 minutes ago, dpberr said:

NIL and "the portal" will bury college football as we all know it.  You either pay to play...or frankly, don't bother investing in that expensive coach and infrastructure.  Go win baseball or soccer.  

The transfer portal and nil will not stay for long in this iteration 

14 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yeah but you just being a Alabama fan blinds the rest of your college football goggles bro 

You literally think if you don't have an SEC schedule it has to be cake lol 

I literally named 9 power 5 schools with an easier schedule according to strength of schedule...including an SEC School Missouri .. Utah and Texas tech also have a lower ranked schedule

Again it's not a super hard schedule but it's not the easiest schedule in the world.. playing the top two ACC teams from last year and a 10 win Arizona team and going to A&m week 1, playing USC ... GT is solid... that is tougher than 65 division 1 schools

You probably think that I'm a Notre Dame hater. I am not. The thing is, they have a huge following and the committee REALLY wants them to make the playoffs with an early seed, and be televised as much as possible. This is just my view of how the syatem works.

As I said, every SEC team has a tougher schedule, except possibly Missouri, and they even have to play Auburn, South Carolina, Alabama, Texas A&M, Arkansas, and Vanderbilt (who might be decent this year).

ND needs a few games against the Big 10 and/or the SEC,

Jmo, peace! 👍🏈

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I really hope that you are correct.

23 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

You probably think that I'm a Notre Dame hater. I am not. The thing is, they have a huge following and the committee REALLY wants them to make the playoffs with an early seed, and be televised as much as possible. This is just my view of how the syatem works.

As I said, every SEC team has a tougher schedule, except possibly Missouri, and they even have to play Auburn, South Carolina, Alabama, Texas A&M, Arkansas, and Vanderbilt (who might be decent this year).

Jmo, peace! 👍🏈

According to every single strength of schedule metric Missouri is lower than Notre Dame 

Mozz combined record of the opponents they play this year they were under 500 last year

Yeah they have some tough sec games 

Do you forget how even Alabama went to A&m and lost a few years ago? Playing the top two ACC schools from a year ago.. the fourth place ACC team.. a 10 win Arizona team.. and USC.. while going to A&m it's not a cakewalk 

Let alone they also play the top two favorite Mac teams.. it's not like they played Chattanooga

It's Notre Dame.. of course they get media love and national spotlight attention.. it was the same 50 years ago... College football has more interest when Notre Dame is good

Edited by Buffalo716

On 9/3/2024 at 4:19 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Define "long".

I can see this lasting a few years.

The NCAA has no real power.

Any efforts to control the situation has been met with ligation, and the NCAA is losing those battles.

Unless all the schools/conferences agree to play nice, reform is going nowhere.

• Agree 1

On 9/3/2024 at 4:35 PM, Buffalo716 said:

According to every single strength of schedule metric Missouri is lower than Notre Dame 

Mozz combined record of the opponents they play this year they were under 500 last year

Yeah they have some tough sec games 

Do you forget how even Alabama went to A&m and lost a few years ago? Playing the top two ACC schools from a year ago.. the fourth place ACC team.. a 10 win Arizona team.. and USC.. while going to A&m it's not a cakewalk 

Let alone they also play the top two favorite Mac teams.. it's not like they played Chattanooga

It's Notre Dame.. of course they get media love and national spotlight attention.. it was the same 50 years ago... College football has more interest when Notre Dame is good

I get what you are trying to say regarding Bama losing to ATM, but that was 3 years ago.

Since then, ATM has changed HC and with roster turnover, the 2024 team is almost completely different than the 2021 team.

Did you watch any of the ND-ATM game? Weigman, the ATM QB, was brutal.

ATM has 9 (NINE!) QBs on the roster, and he was the best they have? They better hope Weigman had first start jitters, or its going to be a long ugly season for them.

At this juncture, it is way to early to tell just how bad/good ATM is, and how much over hype ND is getting.

3 hours ago, Cynical said:

I get what you are trying to say regarding Bama losing to ATM, but that was 3 years ago.

Since then, ATM has changed HC and with roster turnover, the 2024 team is almost completely different than the 2021 team.

Did you watch any of the ND-ATM game? Weigman, the ATM QB, was brutal.

ATM has 9 (NINE!) QBs on the roster, and he was the best they have? They better hope Weigman had first start jitters, or its going to be a long ugly season for them.

At this juncture, it is way to early to tell just how bad/good ATM is, and how much over hype ND is getting.

It's Not necessarily about how good A&m is this year... It's week one.. every single division one team has dreams of being conference champs and they all just prepared all offseason for one game 

Texas A&m has had top 15 recruiting classes for seven straight years.. including the number one class and multiple in the top five 

So the team has talent for years while being undercoached...

Then you add in their historical home record and how tough it is to play there.. especially out of conference week 1 when everybody has something to play for..  if this was week 10 and Texas A&m was 5-4.. sure they might not be as up

0-0 week 1 with Notre Dame traveling across the country? In their barn with 110,000 people.. where they are 25-6 last 5 seasons?

And they have everything to play for... Definitely makes them more formidable.. even Alabama barely squeaked out a win their last year 

It's a tough place to play especially when the fans and the team have the entire season to play for

4 hours ago, Cynical said:

Define "long".

I can see this lasting a few years.

The NCAA has no real power.

Any efforts to control the situation has been met with ligation, and the NCAA is losing those battles.

Unless all the schools/conferences agree to play nice, reform is going nowhere.

Probably 2-4 years when schools do come together and agree it's insane to be paying 17-year-olds millions of dollars

Lots of people already think NFL players are already overpaid.. now there are high schoolers getting paid as much as some pros 

It's like when the NFL put a cap on rookie deals.. because they were getting paid tens of millions of dollars more than NFL veterans and they've never played a snap..

Colleges will start to push back over giving 17-year-olds a million dollars before they even step on campus

NIU gets a clear-as-day first down that the refs mark him short on and ND gets an extra timeout.  Refs doing everything they can to screw NIU over and give this one to Notre Dame.

2 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

NIU gets a clear-as-day first down that the refs mark him short on and ND gets an extra timeout.  Refs doing everything they can to screw NIU over and give this one to Notre Dame.

And yet Northern Illinois wins anyway.  Congrats on the upset.

Edited by Talley56

On 9/3/2024 at 4:19 PM, Bill from NYC said:

Jmo, peace! 👍🏈

Well I told you the other day that Northern Illinois was a tough MAC school 

And Notre Dame season is done

The Cornhuskers are taking it to Colorado and Shadeur Sanders.  They're up 14-0 in the first quarter, including a pick six.   I don't think that the Buffaloes have got a first down yet on three possessions.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well I told you the other day that Northern Illinois was a tough MAC school 

And Notre Dame season is done

Bowling Green gave Penn State a tough time today... especially in the first half.  Fortunately, PSU made adjustments and won.