Who’s stock is up after today’s game? Who’s stock went down?

Pete

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Harder than you think.

As someone who played soccer for his whole life and then was a kicker in a few flag and touch football leagues, it's far harder than most people think.

It's actually the most technically precise action in an NFL game because from snap to kick is under 1.5 seconds including the catch and put down by the holder.

All parts have to be in sync, if even one isn't the whole operation fails.

The holder can make quite a big difference based on how he is holding the ball, the angle, etc which then can change the strike point of the kick. Since you are only kicking a very small portion of the ball in comparison to say, a soccer ball, small changes mean big issues over longer distances.

And once you start second guessing yourself as a kicker, the amount of technique corrections you can try to do are mind blowing. From how you line up, to the angle you take, to the timing, etc.

As someone who has never done it, you wouldn't understand, but I'm trying to at least give you some insights as to why it isn't as easy as you think.

Don't be so sure. I played soccer (football) at semi pro level, I know how to kick, but the point is he has the talent, he did the work, he had the job, he reach the pinnacle...and now is blowing it.

Awe, there are some technical points to consider, awe, he has to study, he has to practice...so mind blowing...gee Josh never has to do that, or recall things, or adjust his throw...

Bass has failed to be a pro and has wasted his talents.

48 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I’ve been checking around this morning and it seems like the TD was definitely on him.  He should have have taken the crossing route.  Instead both Joe and Deion Jones jumped the RB.  

Outsider of that play I don’t think there were any lowlights.   He played reasonably well for a UDFA 

I am honestly probably not going to have time to do an All-22 review this week like I did the first 2, not to mention I am less interested in stretching myself to do it either with all our starters sitting out.  

So I will just rely more on people like you and others who saw him play more yesterday.  So thanks for the update :)

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Don't be so sure. I played soccer (football) at semi pro level, I know how to kick, but the point is he has the talent, he did the work, he had the job, he reach the pinnacle...and now is blowing it.

Awe, there are some technical points to consider, awe, he has to study, he has to practice...so mind blowing...gee Josh never has to do that, or recall things, or adjust his throw...

Bass has failed to be a pro and has wasted his talents.

I mean who cares, I played with 2 players who were on the US National team. The point still remains.

You don't know how to kick a football. It's completely different. Took me several days to consistently be able to get lift on the ball. Different striking point.

Nah, you are just a blowhard who thinks you know something but doesn't.

Edited by Big Turk

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

I just watched the game.  I don't see how you can let Evans or Gore go.  Of course we don't see practice but I'm not cutting either for Ty Johnson.

Ty Johnson can field kickoffs so he automatically gets the 3rd spot over either of them. Gore is too slow to worry about losing to waivers. Evans has bounced around the bottom of rosters for several years now so I think we can get him to the PS, if not oh well. Every team has an RB4 that looks good going against future insurance agents. It is the last position to worry about losing a depth player.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

WTF is Bass doing with his life to be so bad. He is a friggin' kicker. Once you get to a certain level how frigging hard can it be to stay good ( not perfect just good) and make millions for 10+ years. Many many have done it. 

4 hours of practice skills and exercise, get smucked in a game once per year, you don't hang with all the Wacko players, the ball boy is your best friend, lots a gals, lots of time on your hands, no press interviews except Tasker, check your bank account, no bandages, no surgery, free shoes, WTF, 

If you cannot handle the easiest job in football, get out, cut his butt, move on.

Other players lose years off their life to play, risk brain disease, suffer life altering injuries, carry an extra 100 lbs, and compete for their job every year. now that is pressure. 

You...just need to be a pro, dedicated, you have the job, you take 3 steps, the target doesn't move, 

If a post ever deserved a slow golf clap this is it. 

Edited by WotAGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

He was open every time I saw a ball thrown his way against their 1s.  

Sal has him making it

I think Sal is close, but I don't see 11 DL and 11 DBs.  Jonathan cut for the PS and another OL or TE for the offense.

At least one more stashed on IR.

Edited by ColoradoBills

18 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Ty Johnson can field kickoffs so he automatically gets the 3rd spot over either of them. Gore is too slow to worry about losing to waivers. Evans has bounced around the bottom of rosters for several years now so I think we can get him to the PS, if not oh well. Every team has an RB4 that looks good going against future insurance agents. It is the last position to worry about losing a depth player.

I'm not worried.  I do think they're better than Johnson.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Him making it would be about the lack if legtimate receiver options more than anything he has done.

I don't think any receiver has really had a chance to do much of anything.  Josh played relatively few snaps and the play calling all preseason has been conservative with few downfield passes being called.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

I mean who cares, I played with 2 players who were on the US National team. The point still remains.

You don't know how to kick a football. It's completely different. Took me several days to consistently be able to get lift on the ball. Different striking point.

Nah, you are just a blowhard who thinks you know something but doesn't.

Awe...no I do know how you kick a football, but could not kick a football even close to that kind of distance.

Point flippin is, he once could and has failed to perfect his craft.

Big time, knew w people on a team...wow, some expert

Move on turk, you ain't no expert....

22 hours ago, warrior9 said:

it's not seized, google it with the words apart. You'll find it. I used it today! 

That being said, DiNucci looked "Ok" (for what I watched) outside of his miss to Shavers. Gore looked good, probably a stash on the PS at this point. 

Didn't pay too much attention otherwise. I just had the game on. 

A couple of them were seized but a few of them were not.

Brandon Beane to every player that gets cut before the regular season -

What did you expect?

"Welcome, Sonny"?

"Make yourself at home"?

"Marry my daughter"?

You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of Western New York.

You know...morons.

23 hours ago, Beast said:

Andreesen looked a lot like week 1….not good.

I think the problem is the D line playing infront of him. When he played with the 1s he look good doing it.

He could come in and play if needed! 

4 hours ago, JohnNord said:

I’ve been checking around this morning and it seems like the TD was definitely on him.  He should have have taken the crossing route.  Instead both Joe and Deion Jones jumped the RB.  

Outsider of that play I don’t think there were any lowlights.   He played reasonably well for a UDFA 

I don't think it was him who misplayed it. I think it was on him that they were lined up wrong and then he was trying to communicate right before the snap and obviously didn't get the message across but in the Bills scheme there the way they have run it under McDermott the will linebacker drops into zone on the tight end and the mike comes up and tries to take the flat. Other defenses do that differently and just say outside guy attack the outside but the Bills have generally played it the other way. I don't know who was at fault or what the call should have been. But my guess is Jones shoulda had the tight end just based on what they tend to do.

Andreessen's worst plays were the toudown run up the middle second half where he hesitated and then got beaten to the spot by an OL and there were two pass plays where the Panthers ran 4 verts and he struggled carrying the vertical route in the middle of the field and the ball was thrown over him. That is the hardest bit to grasp, in fairness, and to execute. But Carolina got him on two of those.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think it was him who misplayed it. I think it was on him that they were lined up wrong and then he was trying to communicate right before the snap and obviously didn't get the message across but in the Bills scheme there the way they have run it under McDermott the will linebacker drops into zone on the tight end and the mike comes up and tries to take the flat. Other defenses do that differently and just say outside guy attack the outside but the Bills have generally played it the other way. I don't know who was at fault or what the call should have been. But my guess is Jones shoulda had the tight end just based on what they tend to do.

Andreessen's worst plays were the toudown run up the middle second half where he hesitated and then got beaten to the spot by an OL and there were two pass plays where the Panthers ran 4 verts and he struggled carrying the vertical route in the middle of the field and the ball was thrown over him. That is the hardest bit to grasp, in fairness, and to execute. But Carolina got him on two of those.

Makes sense….you might be right - this is what Erik from Cover1 said.  Obviously we don’t know the call so all any fan can do is guess:

13 hours ago, letsgoteam said:

6 games, that's wild. Why did they do that?

I don’t know.  That’s lust the way it was when I started following the NFL.  When the regular season was increased to 16 games, they reduced the preseason games to four, and now three with the 17 game season.  I.e. 20 games total.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, White Linen said:

I just watched the game.  I don't see how you can let Evans or Gore go.  Of course we don't see practice but I'm not cutting either for Ty Johnson.

Not even close. Ty is very good! If they cut Ty Johnson we have a long season ahead of us.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I feel sad. I just had zero interest in preseason this year. The games were so meh and nothing really caught my interest. So I’m giving myself a thumbs down. 

and Gore Jr thumbs up 

1 hour ago, Dillenger4 said:

Not even close. Ty is very good! If they cut Ty Johnson we have a long season ahead of us.

Eh, it’s sad but the league is filled with Ty Johnson. It’s why we got him in waivers and why he has bounced around. Tough world for RBs.