Week 1 - Cardinals at Bills - Game Week Thread

5 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

OMG YOU GUYS THE STORM IS COMING...

should the bills and their fans even show up.    

Goofy videos like this need to end.

Is Ross Tucker 5 years old?  Why  would that dumb video fire up a network tv analyst?

That was a hype video? I thought it was a commercial for some dystopian Netflix joint...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JP51 said:

Totally agree, and we say this now... but I know for me no matter what happens I am gonna over react at some point during the game... LOL win or lose no matter how hard I try not to. My friends and family always say ... I dont know which is most fun... watching the game or watching JP watch the game LOL 

Everyone over reacts during the games. My family thinks so anyway😂

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

God I am ready for kickoff. 

Seriously.  I took a few days away from this place and wish I hadn’t come back.  Maybe a nice solid win will tone down all of the doomsday predictors.  This is a damn good, well coached football team led by the 2nd best player in the league.  The national media can sleep on them all they want, but fans who truly follow the team shouldn’t.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

There seems to be a lack of energy or something here for this weeks game.  

here is the cardinals depth chart.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2024/09/03/arizona-cardinals-football-depth-chart-roster-2024-season/75063863007/

some random predictions from the arizona republic..Pretty weak paper for such a large city.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2024/08/29/arizona-cardinals-buffalo-bills-picks-predictions-odds-nfl-week-1/74912456007/

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

OMG YOU GUYS THE STORM IS COMING...

should the bills and their fans even show up.    

Goofy videos like this need to end.

Is Ross Tucker 5 years old?  Why  would that dumb video fire up a network tv analyst?

Hey I think it's nice that they included all of their fans in the video too. That scorpion is probably their only season ticket holder.

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

There seems to be a lack of energy or something here for this weeks game.  

here is the cardinals depth chart.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2024/09/03/arizona-cardinals-football-depth-chart-roster-2024-season/75063863007/

some random predictions from the arizona republic..Pretty weak paper for such a large city.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2024/08/29/arizona-cardinals-buffalo-bills-picks-predictions-odds-nfl-week-1/74912456007/

There is definitely a lack of energy and confidence regarding the upcoming season.  It seems to me that many, many fans have convinced themselves this is a step back year, the Bills will not compete for the title and cannot possibly win because … (no receivers, turnover of players, no talent, schedule, Diggs, Diggs, Diggs, etc).  This is the clearly the national media narrative and it has become the assumed result.  For me, I don’t know how the season will develop, but I do know the Bills are a very good team with very good coaching and will be very competitive.  From there, let’s see how the breaks go. I am looking forward to another season of competitive Bills football.  

As for the Cardinals roster - now that is what a bottom feeder looks like.  

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, FLFan said:

There is definitely a lack of energy and confidence regarding the upcoming season.  It seems to me that many, many fans have convinced themselves this is a step back year, the Bills will not compete for the title and cannot possibly win because … (no receivers, turnover of players, no talent, schedule, Diggs, Diggs, Diggs, etc).  This is the clearly the national media narrative and it has become the assumed result.  For me, I don’t know how the season will develop, but I do know the Bills are a very good team with very good coaching and will be very competitive.  From there, let’s see how the breaks go. I am looking forward to another season of competitive Bills football.  

No, I just meant so far this week there seems to be a lack of energy here for this cardinals game so far.

I am sure it will pick up for the dolphins game and for the record that is a pretty talented Cardinals offense.

57 minutes ago, FLFan said:

I think it's a mix of the doomer national narrative along with the fact we didn't see much of anything this preseason.

-We lost big names (many of whom were the ghosts of those names last year)

-We sustained yet another long term injury to a star player in Milano

-Even going back to the Draft, KC takes the flashy stock rising guy and we take the guy who's stock dropped post-combine.

Doesn't mean we can't be better for it, but nobody can honestly say they have any clue what this team will look like at 1 pm on Sunday.  JA and the starters played about a drive and a half, we didn't show anything on tape and couldn't even evaluate the unknowns at WR given atrocious backup QB play.  On defense, will Rousseau finally break out?  Is Von truly back, as reports suggest?  Can we adequately fill Milano's shoes?  What is even going on at Safety?  

Add in all of that, with the fact that we're playing one of the few "easier" games we have on paper before an absolute gauntlet starting 4 days later.. and I think the apprehension in this fanbase is valid. 

13 minutes ago, Process said:

No mention of MVS or Edwards, so I'm assuming they are good to go?

We are going into the season fully healthy, other than Milano and Solomon?

It seems so.  If Solomon's injury is just a strain he will be healthy in a week or two.

No big deal because the Bills are not dressing 6 DEs Sunday.  Solomon can sit this week.

20 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

You would hope a full off-season of the staff being aware of this, while also being aware that Milano (when healthy) was coming off a major injury, that they would have come up with a plan to address this disparity. 

• Like (+1) 1