Week 1 - Cardinals at Bills - Game Week Thread

8 minutes ago, DJB said:

With Solomon out this season is over honestly  

Time to start looking towards the draft 

Will we double dip at safety next year? Back to back first round and min 2nd!?!?!??

1 hour ago, Low Positive said:

I hate to be negative, but it's not an unreasonable take. They barely made the playoffs last year and actually got significantly worse, at least on paper. When you list out what the team lost this offseason, it's really quite striking:

• Both safeties
  • One of their leading pass rushers in Floyd
  • #1 WR
  • #2 WR
  • Starting Center

And at least on paper, every replacement looks like a downgrade. So, 5-12 is not unreasonable. But it's wrong, because 17. 

Barely made the playoffs last year?    I stopped reading there.. anyone that thinks that.. clearly has a preconceived narrative that they’re forcing wrong opinions on to make it work. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

Good Lord now Smoot is hurt too?  What is going on with this team.  Guys get hurt everyday in non contact practices.  They are going to be light on ends now in a week where they have 2 games in five days?  

This defensive line scares me to death.

Candyass defense that gets injured if you breathe on them.  Nothing changes....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 3

2 hours ago, Low Positive said:

I hate to be negative, but it's not an unreasonable take. They barely made the playoffs last year and actually got significantly worse, at least on paper. When you list out what the team lost this offseason, it's really quite striking:

• Both safeties
  • One of their leading pass rushers in Floyd
  • #1 WR
  • #2 WR
  • Starting Center

And at least on paper, every replacement looks like a downgrade. So, 5-12 is not unreasonable. But it's wrong, because 17. 

If they "barely made the playoffs last year", then so did every team in the AFC except the Ravens lol. The Bills were the #2 seed dude.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, zow2 said:

Well 5-12 would be a shock since plenty of local and national pundits have predicted around 10-11 wins.  

5 would absolutely be a disastrous season and probably mean Allen got injured somewhere in it.

I'd be shocked but it might be what's needed to move on from McD. In the long term, that's a good thing. This team, coach, and organization has never recovered from 13 seconds. Hate to beat a dead horse but I don't see McD leading the horses to drink water. He's tenure, philosophy, culture building, and clapping has lost its acclaim. At some point, it's time to move on. That time was 2 plus years ago for me. I know this will be unpopular but enough is enough. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, DJB said:

With Solomon out this season is over honestly  

Time to start looking towards the draft 

We should trade down w/ KC if there is a player they really want and that will make them even better.  

I want to start punking America.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

Good Lord now Smoot is hurt too?  What is going on with this team.  Guys get hurt everyday in non contact practices.  They are going to be light on ends now in a week where they have 2 games in five days?  

This defensive line scares me to death.

It’s not good to live your life in fear.  The Bills have 4 healthy DEs for gameday, which is all they need, and are 4-deep at DT also.  The DL should be the least of your worries…but I’m sure you have many more.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

Barely made the playoffs last year?    I stopped reading there.. anyone that thinks that.. clearly has a preconceived narrative that they’re forcing wrong opinions on to make it work. 

I mean… we lose that game at Miami week 17 and we’re out, right?

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Morse was good but I think McGovern is good too.

David Edwards graded out very well last year in limited action, Hoping McGovern + Edwards > Morse + McGovern. Torrence led the team in snaps as a rookie, and one would expect him to improve in year 2.

• Like (+1) 1