Week 1 - Cardinals at Bills - Game Week Thread

2 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Hard to believe they are rolling out Damar Hamlin as a starting Safety.  Truly a stupid decision  🙄 

To be fair...do we really know what we have in Damar?  Pre-heart issue he was a young player learning the position who had his ups and downs.  Last year was a wash, and an accomplishment simiply to get back on the field.  But he has had three (four?) years in the system now and by all accounts had a terrific camp.  Can we at least pretend that perhaps he has matured and learned the position and is ready to contribute?

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, eball said:

To be fair...do we really know what we have in Damar?  Pre-heart issue he was a young player learning the position who had his ups and downs.  Last year was a wash, and an accomplishment simiply to get back on the field.  But he has had three (four?) years in the system now and by all accounts had a terrific camp.  Can we at least pretend that perhaps he has matured and learned the position and is ready to contribute?

Nope, just like Bernard he showed poorly and will continue to do so. Fire Sleepy Beane, took a nap and forgot to sign safeties

• Thank you (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I have to admit, he does look a bit slow in this video.   ;)

And you wonder why so many have said he can't create separation.....  I mean you can just see how slow he is compared to everyone else.

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, sven233 said:

And you wonder why so many have said he can't create separation.....  I mean you can just see how slow he is compared to everyone else.

The guy is moving like he’s got a ***** dart in his neck.

• Haha (+1) 1

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952fme59u6spi4kztybza9

Remember how much of an adjustment it was for Mahomes/Reid early last season with limited weapons?

I can only imagine Allen/McDermott right away… Cardinals are underrated.

They are competitive with Kyler. Remember, they beat the Eagles last year once heated ups

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Remember how much of an adjustment it was for Mahomes/Reid early last season with limited weapons?

They are competitive with Kyler. Remember, they beat the Eagles last year once heated ups

I am definitely staying far away from the spread. I think the Bills take it but I would not rely on winning by a TD

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Seeing Solomon on there is a bummer.  I’m really excited about this kid.  We might not see him until a DE inevitably gets injured 

Yes, but pretty sure Solomon would have been inactive this week anyway.

15 minutes ago, mannc said:

Yes, but pretty sure Solomon would have been inactive this week anyway.

Definitely-  just disappointed he’s starting his career off not being to practice and being injured.  

28 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Definitely-  just disappointed he’s starting his career off not being to practice and being injured.  

I injured my oblique about a week ago and it took about 4 days before is stopped bothering me.

I'm sure Solomon injured his in a more stressful way like a tackling drill or weightlifting, whereas I injured mine while lying on my back in my bed with my hands above my head and yawning hard......middle-aged problems!!🙁

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

adam savage mythbusters GIF

Unless the offense monumentally struggles I have a hard time seeing the Cardinals win this game. Their defense is going to be bottom 5. We have too much talent at CB for the game to get out of hand, in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

Week one always sees goofy outcomes, I don’t feel great about this game for a number of reasons.  Murray is a PITA to defend, they have some talent on the outside and the Bills are rolling out new safties, new WRs, basically a new offense, with a new D coordinator and minus Milano again.  This may not be a cake walk.

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon changed the title to Week 1 - Cardinals at Bills - Pregame Thread
  • Simon pinned this topic
11 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Week one always sees goofy outcomes, I don’t feel great about this game for a number of reasons.  Murray is a PITA to defend, they have some talent on the outside and the Bills are rolling out new safties, new WRs, basically a new offense, with a new D coordinator and minus Milano again.  This may not be a cake walk.

For once I agree with you 😉 

I think the card +6 are a great bet and our d could have it’s hands full.  They have talented playmakers and I like their scheme on D (but a terrible front 7 imo).  

My hope is that we can be an efficient run offense that opens up big plays with play action (and Josh’s elite ability).  If we can’t run efficiently, it could be a long day of watching Kyler run around wearing out our D.  if we can’t run, do we have the ability to pivot?  Can the D, led by its new DC (aka the lamb), save the O if it struggles?  

Lots of unknowns on both sides of the ball for us….as well as Az.  It’s an interesting first game and I think some people might be looking a team with some potentially great playmakers.  Murray, harrison and McBride could be special.  Connor and Benson are a nice 1-2.  

I could see this ending in several different ways

• Like (+1) 1