Week 1 - Cardinals at Bills - Game Week Thread

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

What does it mean?  I have no honest idea what calling someone else someone’s dusty son means.  

It alludes to "toxic masculinity". 

32 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

If they don’t have kids together who cares what she says.  

She is just going to come off as a sorry loser who is jealous he is dating a woman who is a perfect ten.  It probably drivers her crazy.  

I agree with you. She posted this on the heels of Hailee sort of hard launching Josh today, so I can tell she is still salty/bitter. I just find the podcast timing odd, because the season is about to start, and if she trashes his character, who knows how that affects him. Whatever "allegedly" went down with them before The Bengals game, a lot of people think he was in his head about it.

Sorry for bringing "gossip" in here, I usually try to steer clear, it's just that in this particular case I feel like something like this could alter his play and mindset.

5 minutes ago, ALG1130 said:

Why not just say that then? 

https://tenor.com/view/the-sopranos-richie-aprile-the-jacket-full-leather-jacket-wheres-the-jacket-gif-15875240

9 minutes ago, ALG1130 said:

I agree with you. She posted this on the heels of Hailee sort of hard launching Josh today, so I can tell she is still salty/bitter. I just find the podcast timing odd, because the season is about to start, and if she trashes his character, who knows how that affects him. Whatever "allegedly" went down with them before The Bengals game, a lot of people think he was in his head about it.

Sorry for bringing "gossip" in here, I usually try to steer clear, it's just that in this particular case I feel like something like this could alter his play and mindset.

No problem

i am pretty sure you have to changed your screen name to Mario Lopez now though.

Edited by MikePJ76
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Low Positive said:

It took the Jags losing to a Titans team with nothing to play for. If the Jags had taken care of business and the Bills had lost in Miami, the Bills would have missed the playoffs. And the key play in the Miami game was Deonte Harty’s 98 yard punt return. The Bills also needed a FG at the gun to beat the Chargers and a Douglas pick 6 to beat the Pats on NYE. They also needed a flag to beat KC. That’s what I mean by “almost missing the playoffs.”

Yeah but for each of these play you can find other play in games we lost and which changed the outcome (in a negative way).

We were 2nd seed.

Edit: Oh I see three more people already made this point. Nevermind :)

Edited by No_Matter_What

9 hours ago, ALG1130 said:

Hee hee...."hard launching Josh" Oh, I bet she did.

How to watch the Bills on TV

Click here for Week 1 TV Map

Channel: CBS at 1 p.m. (WIVB-TV)

Play-by-Play: Tom McCarthy

Color Analysis: Ross Tucker & Jay Feely

Stream the Bills on Paramount+

Stream the Bills on CBS with Paramount Plus! Subscribers can watch their live local games across devices all season long.

Click here to get started

How to watch in the UK & Internationally

NFL Game Pass is the ultimate way for Bills fans around the world to watch live games every week. 

Click here to get started.

How to watch in Canada

CTV Toronto, CTV Kitchener, CTV2 BC, CTV2 Alberta, and CTV2 Ottawa

How to listen on radio

Bills Radio Network:

Buffalo: *WGR550 (550 AM)

Toronto: *Fan 590 (590 AM)

Rochester: WCMF (96.5 AM) & WROC (950 AM)

Syracuse: KROCK (WKRL 100.9 & 106.5 FM) & (94.9 FM Utica)

Play-by-Play: Chris Brown

Analysis: Eric Wood

Sideline: Sal Capaccio

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Low Positive said:

And the refs picking up that flag in NE. I agree. But my point was about national narratives, not reality. The consensus outside of WNY is that the Bills were a marginally good team that got worse this offseason. My response was about someone being shocked that some NFL content creator predicted the Bills to be 5-12 and my point was that this is the consensus league-wide. 

It is not a league wide consensus except in your own narrative.  

Edited by FLFan
  • Like (+1) 1

I cannot wait for this game. 

Start of season excitement, but also.. I’m so sick of the negative energy. 

Maybe it’s warranted and if so, they get to say they’re right, but some of it is just exhausting when given the reasoning.

Working out this morning listening to Joe B’s podcast (who I really like) but I might as well been lifting to that Sarah McLachlan neglected puppy song. 

It just seems like every criticism of this team is based on every question we have being an abject failure.  

Looking forward to (hoping for) this team proving these folks wrong.  

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Maybe it’s warranted and if so, they get to say they’re right, but some of it is just exhausting when given the reasoning.

Working out this morning listening to Joe B’s podcast (who I really like) but I might as well been lifting to that Sarah McLachlan neglected puppy song. 

It just seems like every criticism of this team is based on every question we have being an abject failure.  

You expressed my sentiment beautifully. Like a Sarah McLachlan song on a rainy day…

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

That is funny! 

Maybe this is THE year!

30 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’m so sick of the negative energy. 

There is zero reason for Bills fans to have negative expectations for the regular season.  The Jets, Dolphins, and Patriots all actually suck despite the propaganda.  Bills fans have lots of reasons to have negative expectations in the post-season.  But that is a long ways off, and once you are in the playoffs, anything is possible 

36 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Joe B is down on the team this year.  Its like night and day compared to the way he talked about the team last year at this time.

He really doesn't like any of the safeties and constantly has sort of implied they are all bad.  He has bishop as inactive sunday, which I actually agree with because of his injuries and missing all of camp.  

35 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Exactly this. Its exhausting.

Somehow every vet we let go, none of which were all pros or made a single significant play down the stretch or in the playoffs, is vastly superior to who we brought in to replace them.

It's maddening. i cannot understand why you would bother following this team and posting on their message board if you can't be excited about the opportunity to witness the next chapter of JA's career, moving on from a core that had four good shots at it and couldn't get it done.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

56 minutes ago, SCBills said:

even if we win big tomorrow, it won’t do anything to quell the “negative energy”, IMO.

Now, beat the Fish in Miami a few days later as well…. then we’re talking!

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Joe B is down on the team this year.  Its like night and day compared to the way he talked about the team last year at this time.

He really doesn't like any of the safeties and constantly has sort of implied they are all bad.  He has bishop as inactive sunday, which I actually agree with because of his injuries and missing all of camp.  

Yea, the Safeties are certainly a concern, but you’d be hard pressed to find a better trio of corners than Johnson, Benford and Douglas.  He brings up Tre White last year.. ok, just stop.. we felt about Tre this time last year how we feel about Von this year.. maybe, hopefully he can be 80% of the pre-injury guy he was. 

Then talks about our weapons by using data from last year with rookie Kincaid..  cmon.. he’s better than that.  Brady took over Dorsey’s Offense mid-year and Kincaid was a rookie.  Fire Brady into the sun if we only use Kincaid like we did last year. 

That’s where I finished up my workout and turned off.  Cant wait to hear how horrible the rest of the team is later today when I finish his podcast.  

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Low Positive said:

And the refs picking up that flag in NE. I agree. But my point was about national narratives, not reality. The consensus outside of WNY is that the Bills were a marginally good team that got worse this offseason. My response was about someone being shocked that some NFL content creator predicted the Bills to be 5-12 and my point was that this is the consensus league-wide. 

It’s the league wide consensus that the Bills will around 5-12?

29 minutes ago, JustHewIt said:

Exactly this. Its exhausting.

Somehow every vet we let go, none of which were all pros or made a single significant play down the stretch or in the playoffs, is vastly superior to who we brought in to replace them.

It's maddening. i cannot understand why you would bother following this team and posting on their message board if you can't be excited about the opportunity to witness the next chapter of JA's career, moving on from a core that had four good shots at it and couldn't get it done.

If they can’t be happy, no one can

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I just jumped on DraftKings to check the current odds.  The Bills have the fourth best odds to win the AFC, ahead of the Texans, Jets and Dolphins, and also have the best odds to make the playoffs of any AFCE team.   The national talking heads can’t stop s***ing off the Jets, but Vegas knows better…I love that the national media is ignoring the Bills this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

5-12 was a hot take. But the Bills are seen as a team that got worse. Other teams got better or are getting a QB back from injury. The story of the Bills offseason was the loss of Diggs, a player that is still seen as a superstar outside of Buffalo. Then they replace him (and Gabe) with two vets who have done little in the league and drafted a guy that some draftniks had as a third-rounder. This is the narrative, which I know has little basis in reality but it's what drives 5-12 hot takes. I never said that I agree with it. I think this is a 9 to 11-win team. If Keon breaks out, perhaps even 12 or 13. But the league-wide opinion is that the Bills take a big step back this year. I mean, look at the JV broadcast team that we're getting for the opener, which is only on in WNY, AZ, and Oklahoma. 

FWIW, I think the biggest loss this offseason is Morse's leadership and steady hand at C. 

Since I have been all over this board with negative takes for the past week or so (which is not my usual practice), I thought that I would add something positive.

People keep talking about a lack of speed on this team, but Curtis Samuel ran a 4.31 at the combine. I know that was 7 years ago, but when you watch him play he still runs past DBs. In our game against Washington, he ran right past Benford: 

I believe that Joe Brady asked for him specifically and has plans on how to use him. I'm pretty excited to see how that works out.