Week 1 - Cardinals at Bills - Game Week Thread

9 minutes ago, mannc said:

I think we would have gotten in as the 7 seed, as it turned out.

oh I think you’re right actually.   I do remember that there was a decent chance before the 1:00 games started, that we’d have zero safety net by the time our game against the Dolphins started.

7 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

oh I think you’re right actually.   I do remember that there was a decent chance before the 1:00 games started, that we’d have zero safety net by the time our game against the Dolphins started.

It took the Jags losing to a Titans team with nothing to play for. If the Jags had taken care of business and the Bills had lost in Miami, the Bills would have missed the playoffs. And the key play in the Miami game was Deonte Harty’s 98 yard punt return. The Bills also needed a FG at the gun to beat the Chargers and a Douglas pick 6 to beat the Pats on NYE. They also needed a flag to beat KC. That’s what I mean by “almost missing the playoffs.”

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Success said:

We should trade down w/ KC if there is a player they really want and that will make them even better.  

I want to start punking America.

We need to sucker them into putting all their eggs into the 2024-2026 basket. Then we'll be ready to pounce in 2027 when they're in salary cap hell.

• Shocked 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

It took the Jags losing to a Titans team with nothing to play for. If the Jags had taken care of business and the Bills had lost in Miami, the Bills would have missed the playoffs. And the key play in the Miami game was Deonte Harty’s 98 yard punt return. The Bills also needed a FG at the gun to beat the Chargers and a Douglas pick 6 to beat the Pats on NYE. They also needed a flag to beat KC. That’s what I mean by “almost missing the playoffs.”

and the end zone officials to keep the flags in the pockets during the final play of the Giants game

35 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Now can we talk about all the games the Bills narrowly lost last year?  12 men on field, the Philly debacle, etc…

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

I mean… we lose that game at Miami week 17 and we’re out, right?

No.  We would gave still been a wildcard.  

39 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Solid point… if you change all sorts of things and we lose every game we won… yeah. We would have sucked!   

And to think… I used to come here for smart football discussion about the Bills.   

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

Now can we talk about all the games the Bills narrowly lost last year?  12 men on field, the Philly debacle, etc…

And the refs picking up that flag in NE. I agree. But my point was about national narratives, not reality. The consensus outside of WNY is that the Bills were a marginally good team that got worse this offseason. My response was about someone being shocked that some NFL content creator predicted the Bills to be 5-12 and my point was that this is the consensus league-wide. 

1 hour ago, Dan said:

No.  We would gave still been a wildcard.  

Solid point… if you change all sorts of things and we lose every game we won… yeah. We would have sucked!   

And to think… I used to come here for smart football discussion about the Bills.   

And the close games we lost? Those DEFINITELY couldn't have went the other way.  Only the close wins can be reversed in this fantasy land of negative nonsense

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Low Positive said:

I hate to be negative, but it's not an unreasonable take. They barely made the playoffs last year and actually got significantly worse, at least on paper. When you list out what the team lost this offseason, it's really quite striking:

• Both safeties
  • One of their leading pass rushers in Floyd
  • #1 WR
  • #2 WR
  • Starting Center

And at least on paper, every replacement looks like a downgrade. So, 5-12 is not unreasonable. But it's wrong, because 17. 

I could have sworn the Bills the 2 seed last year?  

I am having so many weird vibes about this game and this season. I already feel uncomfortable with the team we have right now, and our only hope(QB1) has an ex that appears to be coming after him hard right now, as we approach game 1. I feel like this could get in his head, big time!

14 minutes ago, ALG1130 said:

I am having so many weird vibes about this game and this season. I already feel uncomfortable with the team we have right now, and our only hope(QB1) has an ex that appears to be coming after him hard right now, as we approach game 1. I feel like this could get in his head, big time!

What?

8 hours ago, Process said:

Last year thy were missing

Starting S

Starting MLB

Starting OLB

Starting CB

#2 WR

And had Douglas and Dodson playing on one leg/shoulder. 

And they lost to the Chiefs by 3 points. 

You think 5-12 is a reasonable prediction?

They were the #2 seed last year. Can’t make this ***** up 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

What?

His ex Brittany Williams. She has a "podcast" coming soon. She has been alluding to it, so I am not surprised, and she just now referred to Josh as "someone's dusty son" on TikTok. Kinda leads me to believe she is going to rip him to shreds. I don't know if she is PURPOSELY(I say yes) doing this as his season is about to start, but unless he isn't human, it's hard to believe this stuff won't be in his head.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ALG1130 said:

His ex Brittany Williams. She has a "podcast" coming soon. She has been alluding to it, so I am not surprised, and she just now referred to Josh as "someone's dusty son" on TikTok. Kinda leads me to believe she is going to rip him to shreds. I don't know if she is PURPOSELY(I say yes) doing this as his season is about to start, but unless he isn't human, it's hard to believe this stuff won't be in his head.

If they don’t have kids together who cares what she says.  

She is just going to come off as a sorry loser who is jealous he is dating a woman who is a perfect ten.  It probably drivers her crazy.  

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, ALG1130 said:

that sounds like a compliment to me

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

The Bills legal team must be all over that!

I wonder about that too, but I never know what they can and can't control.

16 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

that sounds like a compliment to me

I honestly can't tell if you're joking or not, but if you are, I appreciate the humor. If not, trust me, it's not a compliment.

9 minutes ago, ALG1130 said:

I wonder about that too, but I never know what they can and can't control.

I honestly can't tell if you're joking or not, but if you are, I appreciate the humor. If not, trust me, it's not a compliment.

What does it mean?  I have no honest idea what calling someone else someone’s dusty son means.  

• Agree 1