Week 1 - Cardinals at Bills - Game Week Thread

18 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I found Dorsey's comments about Ty Johnson quite interesting.  We all want to see how Davis plays but Ty will get the 2nd RB reps to start.

Did Brady really say Ty Johnson is getting the 2nd RB reps to start, over Davis?

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

It sounded that way to me.  He is RB2 on the depth chart.

What did he say exactly? I had been hoping the depth chart was standard "humble the rookies" BS. I don't want to believe the RB we spent a reasonably high pick on is starting the season behind the RB we claimed off the waiver wire last year.

• Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

What did he say exactly? I had been hoping the depth chart was standard "humble the rookies" BS. I don't want to believe the RB we spent a reasonably high pick on is starting the season behind the RB we claimed off the waiver wire last year.

He talked about Ty missing a lot of last summer and how he enjoyed getting him going when he took over as OC.

He mainly talked about his versatility and passion.  He talked up Davis too.  But it seems to me Ty will get the first relief snaps for Cook. 

That's me reading between the lines.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

He talked about Ty missing a lot of last summer and how he enjoyed getting him going when he took over as OC.

He mainly talked about his versatility and passion.  He talked up Davis too.  But it seems to me Ty will get the first relief snaps for Cook. 

That's me reading between the lines.

Yea well. These coaches. We had to watch DS over cook. A 2nd rd pick. 

• Eyeroll 1

43 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I had been hoping the depth chart was standard "humble the rookies" BS. I don't want to believe the RB we spent a reasonably high pick on is starting the season behind the RB we claimed off the waiver wire last year.

I get he sense that this happens regularly and Davis will gradually overtake Ty Johnson over the course of the first several weeks.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/3/2024 at 12:01 PM, bills742 said:

The depth chart has been updated. Joe Marino's comments:

The Bills' released their depth chart ahead of Sunday's Week 1 matchup against Arizona. We'll see how much this aligns with what actually happens but here are my quick thoughts:

- Looks like it's Damar Hamlin starting opposite Taylor Rapp at safety

- Hollins listed as a starter over Coleman which aligns with everything I've observed to this point. I think they share that X receiver role & the team rides the "hot hand"

- Ty Johnson RB2 over Ray Davis... only a matter of time before that flips

- Nicholas Morrow appears to be Bernard's backup at MLB

- Let's hope Brandon Codrington is awesome and ready!

Hamlin over Edwards? 😱🙄

46 minutes ago, balln said:

Yea well. These coaches. We had to watch DS over cook. A 2nd rd pick. 

People are forgetting the issue of James Cook not being able to pass block at all his rookie year.  

Singletary averaged 4.6 ypc that year and has averaged 4.6 ypc in his career.  Singletary is solid RB that shouldn't just be shown the bench because a 2nd round rookie who can't pass block yet is drafted.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

People are forgetting the issue of James Cook not being able to pass block at all his rookie year.  

Singletary averaged 4.6 ypc that year and has averaged 4.6 ypc in his career.  Singletary is solid RB that shouldn't just be shown the bench because a 2nd round rookie who can't pass block yet is drafted.

Its official, first NewEra, now you and I agreeing, hell is definitely frozen.  DS absolutely was the starter and Cook didn’t earn that right.

I’m really high on Davis and think this might be a mistake to have him behind Ty, but ultimately the talent will show on the field and may the best player earn the reps.

2 minutes ago, bills742 said:

Trubisky back to full practice, that was quicker than we were probably expecting. 

I sure hope he’s ready to hold that clipboard for the whole season.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Hamlin over Edwards? 😱🙄

Reps . Edwards was unable to get them due to some injury early on

Hamlin has earned it. So now we gots quality depth ?

9 minutes ago, bills742 said:

Trubisky back to full practice, that was quicker than we were probably expecting. 

Hoping , some might suggest

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Trust the process, HD.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Simon said:

I get he sense that this happens regularly and Davis will gradually overtake Ty Johnson over the course of the first several weeks.

Admittedly I was not a fan of drafting a RB at that spot to begin with, namely because the difference between a RB there and a RB like Ty Johnson is practically nothing, so that certainly colors my opinion here. But I figure if you take a RB in the top 5 rounds they need to be part of the top two rotation from day one. I guess if Davis is the #2 within a few weeks it's not a huge deal.

• BillsFan619 changed the title to Week 1 - Cardinals at Bills - Game Week Thread