Week 1 - Cardinals at Bills - Game Week Thread

I kind of feel like whoever stops the other one from running the ball is going to win this game.  I think on paper buffalo should be able to run all day against this 3-4 front 7.  I am scared of the cardinals playing big and running on 5 db's on the bills defense all day though also. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Special K said:

I injured my oblique about a week ago and it took about 4 days before is stopped bothering me.

I'm sure Solomon injured his in a more stressful way like a tackling drill or weightlifting, whereas I injured mine while lying on my back in my bed with my hands above my head and yawning hard......middle-aged problems!!🙁

I injured my oblique almost the same way...almost

• Shocked 1

I think I'm more excited than usual.  

How will Coleman look?  Will Kincaid be dominant?  Is Von back?  Has Groot taken a next step?  How will the LB corps hold up without Milano?  Can the safeties hold it down?

And heck....football is back!  Man, do I love Sundays in the fall.  Even during the drought, I loved football Sundays.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

For once I agree with you 😉 

I think the card +6 are a great bet and our d could have it’s hands full.  They have talented playmakers and I like their scheme on D (but a terrible front 7 imo).  

My hope is that we can be an efficient run offense that opens up big plays with play action (and Josh’s elite ability).  If we can’t run efficiently, it could be a long day of watching Kyler run around wearing out our D.  if we can’t run, do we have the ability to pivot?  Can the D, led by its new DC (aka the lamb), save the O if it struggles?  

Lots of unknowns on both sides of the ball for us….as well as Az.  It’s an interesting first game and I think some people might be looking a team with some potentially great playmakers.  Murray, harrison and McBride could be special.  Connor and Benson are a nice 1-2.  

I could see this ending in several different ways

Well, we know the Devil is cold this week 😂.  I am with you, I don’t have any clue how this game will play out, but I don’t consider it a sure thing.  I didn’t take the Bills in a survivor pick em contest, even though it was one of the top choices.

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Success said:

How will Coleman look?  Will Kincaid be dominant?  Is Von back?  Has Groot taken a next step?  How will the LB corps hold up without Milano?  Can the safeties hold it down?

And heck....football is back!  Man, do I love Sundays in the fall.  Even during the drought, I loved football Sundays.

I’d add to that the new OC and DC.  I’m a big believer that those two coaching positions are vital to most teams’ success.  Some HCs have the ability to run an offense regardless of his OC.  Not our HC.  Proper scheming and having the ability to get everyone to focus and be on the same page like a cohesive unit.  

What will change on O with Brady being the brains behind the entire offense from the start?  

Is Babich the real deal?  Groomed his entire life for this moment.  What do we have in this kid?  How will our defense perform on 3rd down?

Two young coordinators -  I think they’ll have a bigger impact on our potential success (or failure) than everything  other than JA.

• Agree 4

On 9/4/2024 at 1:00 PM, Dablitzkrieg said:

Hard to believe they are rolling out Damar Hamlin as a starting Safety.  Truly a stupid decision  🙄 

He won the job in camp and by all accounts was making plays.  That should mean something.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

He won the job in camp and by all accounts was making plays.  That should mean something.

Does that mean he was the best of the lot, or just that the lot was subpar?  I'm hoping for the former.  Should be interesting to see.  This place will be talking about the secondary all season I think.

12 minutes ago, wjag said:

Does that mean he was the best of the lot, or just that the lot was subpar?  I'm hoping for the former.  Should be interesting to see.  This place will be talking about the secondary all season I think.

I think the position group is a weakness as a whole but I don't think that gets better by starting someone who played worse than Hamlin so far.

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

I think the position group is a weakness as a whole but I don't think that gets better by starting someone who played worse than Hamlin so far.

I'm not sure you could say Edwards and Bishop played worse.  They lost reps and were put behind due to injury.

Hopefully someone emerges.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

It's weird, in some ways the drought games were almost more enjoyable to watch.

Because wins were hard to come by, so when they did win it felt amazing lol.

Now a lot of the games I almost expect the bills to win. (Unless they are playing top teams of course)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

I kind of feel like whoever stops the other one from running the ball is going to win this game.  I think on paper buffalo should be able to run all day against this 3-4 front 7.  I am scared of the cardinals playing big and running on 5 db's on the bills defense all day though also. 

I'm not worried about our run defense at all this year. We have one of the best run stopping front 7s in the league. Rasul Douglas has done very well coming up and making tackles in run support. If they try to run it down our throats it will be a long day for them.

On the flip side I'm pretty sure the Cardinals have a mostly poor run defense so I believe we can control them on the ground pretty easily.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

I found Brady's comments about Ty Johnson quite interesting.  We all want to see how Davis plays but Ty will get the 2nd RB reps to start.

I will admit I'm a bit of a Ty fan.  He seems to fill a versatile role in Buffalo and deserves the initial shot at RB2.

Edited by ColoradoBills