Week 1s under McDermott:

2017- W

2018- L

2019- W

2020- W

2021- L

2022- W

2023- L

It's been alternating back and forth the last 4 years so hopefully the pattern continues this year💪

Can't they start slow and still win?🤔

11 minutes ago, Special K said:

I hope we will be getting some practice reports, and maybe a Week 1 injury report soon......very quiet on this board regarding the game this week!!

I'm not certain but I believe they practice beginning tuesday? the injury report will likely be out weds with an update?

meanwhile, JA

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I’m trying to think about what my strategy would be if I were the Cardinals.

On offense, I would attack the middle of the field. Bills will have unproven LB and S out there. If Von Miller is on the field I’m probably running right at him and making him prove he isn’t washed. Homie had 3 total tackles in 12 games played.

On defense I probably play soft zone the entire game and don’t give up any deep shots. Bills will score, at least make them eat up some clock in the process. Hope Allen throws some picks.

If the Bills play disciplined it should be an easy win.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Should be a relatively easy W if they come to play.

I am expecting a hard fought game with the Bills winning. I really don't 

think it's an easy win for the Bills. Why?

The Bills are a team with many new additions, younger players, young coordinators, and it's the first game of the season. I'm not expecting a finely tuned game from either team.

Allen, the home field advantage, and the suspect Cardinal defense should path the way to a Bills win.

However, I can see the Cardinals moving the ball well on offense. A healthy Murray can be dangerous especially with his legs. Harrison in his first game could be a wild card. McBride is a solid option for Murray. Does a healthy Conner find running holes and make big plays on the screen game? 

I think the Bills pull away and go up two scores in the 4th quarter. I can't help but reflect back on the home opener vs Pittsburgh. A repeat of that would be a gut punch.

1 hour ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

All I want is a W, a healthy roster, and to make it past the Divisional Round.

A win and no serious injuries would be ideal. I'm not looking for style points for this game. 

• Like (+1) 1

I remember how sloppy we came out of the gate last year. We were playing .500 ball at midseason, fired the OC, then finished with the streak that reconfirmed Clappy as a bona fide leader.

I feel we have our coaching room and organization where we want it yet I don't feel like we are more talented personnel wise than last year. Still, with the increased number of games, the NFL is preseason quality football until week 3 or 4. 

That we are owned by the Pegulas and the they are owned by the Bidwills is the biggest source of solace for me. Bidwill is a Dan Snyder who hasn't been caught yet.

I think we'll do enough to win by ten but it will be sloppy.

• Like (+1) 1

I just hope there isn’t one stupid early fumble or tipped ball to completely derail what should be a game the Bills

control physically.  Denver and the NYG games come to mind last season. We were the better club but an early turnover made them toss ups till the end.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Should be a relatively easy W if they come to play.

If they come to play? 

Both teams will be there to play. 1pm.

25 minutes ago, stuvian said:

I remember how sloppy we came out of the gate last year. We were playing .500 ball at midseason, fired the OC, then finished with the streak that reconfirmed Clappy as a bona fide leader.

I feel we have our coaching room and organization where we want it yet I don't feel like we are more talented personnel wise than last year. Still, with the increased number of games, the NFL is preseason quality football until week 3 or 4. 

That we are owned by the Pegulas and the they are owned by the Bidwills is the biggest source of solace for me. Bidwill is a Dan Snyder who hasn't been caught yet.

I think we'll do enough to win by ten but it will be sloppy.

Caught doing what?

• Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, klos63 said:

If they come to play? 

Both teams will be there to play. 1pm.

Caught doing what?

have you followed the stories of his requiring departing staff to sign NDAs? Harassment, verbal abuse and more

1 hour ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

I can see this going two ways. Buffalo by soft blowout, something like 27 to 6, or a nailbiter still with Bills winning like 23 to 20. Full disclosure I’m ripped right now. 

I’m going to start using the term “soft blowout” more often haha. 

• Haha (+1) 2

On 8/27/2024 at 2:31 PM, julian said:

My favourite part of the season has arrived… a week of posts prior to every matchup informing all the fans to not be confident because the opponent is mighty, with numerous aspects of awesomeness and they aren’t to be taken lightly.

love it, LFG !!!

Whats that movie line from Dune? oh yeah, “fear is the mind killer”  

• Haha (+1) 1