Week 1 - Cardinals at Bills - Game Week Thread

Our preseason is officially over. Onto week 1. Woohoo!

Put all things Cardinals and Bills into this game week thread (or in this case, game "for two weeks" thread 🤣).

It'll be interesting to see who will be able to make it back (and be effective) for week 1. The line is currently -6 for the Bills but I wonder if that'll go up if we start to get good news on the injury front.

Zay Jones will be out for the Cardinals. Also, their best pass rusher, BJ Ojulari was lost to a season-ending torn ACL.

Let's go, Buffalo! Time to take down this inferior opponent and stampede over the Cardinals to get to 1-0. Football is back, Bills Mafia!

Bills Mafia be like Big Ed now that the regular season is upon us. Go Bills!

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, 27yankees said:

When was the last time we beat them

09/25/2016  at Home  33-18

Bills bounce back with 33-18 win over Cardinals

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- LeSean McCoy scored twice and safety Aaron Williams returned a botched field-goal snap 53 yards for a touchdown in leading the Buffalo Bills to a 33-18 win over the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday.

Quarterback Tyrod Taylor also scored on a 20-yard run at a time the Rex Ryan-coached Bills spent the past week taking the brunt of criticism after opening the season 0-2.

-

The Bills and Cardinals have played a total of 12 games against each other. The Bills have an overall record of 7-5 (58.3%) against the Cardinals.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think with the difficult schedule the Bills are going to have to go 3-1 to start the season. And in order to do that the Bills are going to have to win week 1 and against the Jags in week 3 and split the Fins/Ravens games. Because after those first four games the Bills schedule does not have many softies in it. Pats twice but those games occur in the last 3 weeks of the season. The Titans are the only "soft" game from week 4 to 15. Of course the season always shakes out where some of the games you think are super tough are not that tough and some of the easier games are harder. 

My main point is that the Bills are going to have to get off to a good start in order to have some margin of error in the hard stretch. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

Murray has some scary escapability and Harrison Jr and their tight end McBride scare me some. We have to play very disciplined on defense with contain. 

shouldn't you want your defense to play that way every week?

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, klos63 said:

Cardinals have talent on offense, looks to be pretty solid on the Oline as well. Won't be easy

10 minutes ago, nucci said:

shouldn't you want your defense to play that way every week?

I know we didn’t play a lot of our starters this preseason, but man, I am of the mindset that this year we are going to be in some basketball matches, with our D.

There is a difference between scoring enough and outscoring, and I think we are going to have to be outscoring to win a number of games this year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1