Could You Kick Sean McDermott’s Ass?

Irv

55 minutes ago, billrooter said:

Comeon, as a former good wrestler a few years older than McDermott if you are being serious I think you're underestimating just how good a wrestler he is.

Lol and you're underestimating me. I am 10+ years younger, probably 30+ heavier, a former very good wrestler, division 1 decathlete (until I quit burned out),and in damn good shape.

I am 100% confident I would defeAt him 

Edit: I wrestled in the state of Ohio where JV wrestlers beat other state podium wrestlers

Edited by boyst

6 minutes ago, boyst said:

Lol and you're underestimating me. I am 10+ years younger, probably 30+ heavier, a former very good wrestler, division 1 decathlete (until I quit burned out),and in damn good shape.

Edit: I wrestled in the state of Ohio where JV wrestlers beat other state podium wrestlers

That's great that you think that, still doesn't make it a fact. Ohio is a very good wrestling state and when he graduated I think the states were comparable, not so much anymore Pa. IMO is the best state evidenced by all the All Americans every year. A national prep Champ means that Penn State would likely recruit a guy like this nowadays. I wrestled in NY state which is not the caliber of Ohio or PA. on the whole, but I was very good as well but trying to he humble.

20 minutes ago, boyst said:

G'day Ohio,

Over here we pick our teeth with flatlander bones.

Love,

Pennsyltucky

9 minutes ago, Simon said:

G'day Ohio,

Over here we pick our teeth with flatlander bones.

Love,

Pennsyltucky

Pennsylvania is top 5 in wrestling, also

What always confused me was NJ being a top tier state for wrestling as small as it was. 

We had a guy 4th in the state of Michigan move to our town. Couldn't beat the average JV guy at his weight class. As a freshman wrestler I beat Florida's 5th place rising senior in Iowa at a camp tournament.

Anything north or west of Pittsburgh is ok by me. 

1 minute ago, boyst said:

Pennsylvania is top 5 in wrestling, also

What always confused me was NJ being a top tier state for wrestling as small as it was. 

We had a guy 4th in the state of Michigan move to our town. Couldn't beat the average JV guy at his weight class. As a freshman wrestler I beat Florida's 5th place rising senior in Iowa at a camp tournament.

Anything north or west of Pittsburgh is ok by me. 

I'd rather punch a brown bear than #!%* with a Pennsylvania wrestler

• Haha (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, billrooter said:

That's great that you think that, still doesn't make it a fact. Ohio is a very good wrestling state and when he graduated I think the states were comparable, not so much anymore Pa. IMO is the best state evidenced by all the All Americans every year. A national prep Champ means that Penn State would likely recruit a guy like this nowadays. I wrestled in NY state which is not the caliber of Ohio or PA. on the whole, but I was very good as well but trying to he humble.

So, you think one thing. And I think another. 

From mid 80's to late 90's Iowa, Ohio, PA, and California were the top wrestling states. Once in a while Nebraska would come up, or others.

Without stats right in front of me I know that in my era we had 3 guys go on to win national championships in college.

Just now, Simon said:

I'd rather punch a brown bear than #!%* with a Pennsylvania wrestler

Now, yes. They're quit good. The only PA wrestler I ever faced was @CountryCletus. I dropped him on a tree root in a toss. Gugny and fergy were there I'm pretty sure. 

7 minutes ago, boyst said:

So, you think one thing. And I think another. 

From mid 80's to late 90's Iowa, Ohio, PA, and California were the top wrestling states. Once in a while Nebraska would come up, or others.

Without stats right in front of me I know that in my era we had 3 guys go on to win national championships in college.

Now, yes. They're quit good. The only PA wrestler I ever faced was @CountryCletus. I dropped him on a tree root in a toss. Gugny and fergy were there I'm pretty sure. 

Yeah I know wrestling as well and that's why I stated then Ohio may have been on even ground with them, but they aren't now nobody is. Yeah for sure everyone has an opinion but to say something 100 percent is just arrogant, especially when your talking about a National Champ, ironically enough I think he only took 2nd place in Pa. states.

17 minutes ago, billrooter said:

Yeah I know wrestling as well and that's why I stated then Ohio may have been on even ground with them, but they aren't now nobody is. Yeah for sure everyone has an opinion but to say something 100 percent is just arrogant, especially when your talking about a National Champ, ironically enough I think he only took 2nd place in Pa. states.

He's fifty plus and maybe spends 3-4 hours a week exercising. 

That ain't enough. 

6 minutes ago, billrooter said:

So what you're 40 something right? How do you know how much anyone works out a week?

He's an NFL coach. He is likely working the job 60-70 hours a week. That's usually the minimum if you're not named a Ryan. 

3 hours ago, billrooter said:

In a wrestling match, he would smoke me.

If it was submission grappling, I would be confident against McDermott.  Not going to underestimate him though because I know how good pure wrestlers are. I've been training for 7 years and we have a lot of former collegiate and high school wrestlers.  Our HW wrestled at Lehigh University and he has only caught me a few times.  I'm 170 lbs and he's 230 lbs.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

Never wrestled so I'm sure he'd kill me in a wrestling match 

Like @Royale with Cheese said... A submission grappling match would be more up my alley but I'm sure he's got great control and strength 

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

In a wrestling match, he would smoke me.

If it was submission grappling, I would be confident against McDermott.  Not going to underestimate him though because I know how good pure wrestlers are. I've been training for 7 years and we have a lot of former collegiate and high school wrestlers.  Our HW wrestled at Lehigh University and he has only caught me a few times.  I'm 170 lbs and he's 230 lbs.

Sup buddy how you been 

Just got home from 60 days on the road

Edited by Buffalo716

6 hours ago, boyst said:

I say old school wrestling match.  You need to go to OBD and issue the challenge. Bring a mat in, put the head gear on and let the team watch in a circle. Music in background is optional.  

1 hour ago, Mikie2times said:

I would pay money to listen to McD read some of these responses sort of like below 😂

I would pay to see this as well.  If anyone has any FO pull, they need to make this happen.  Even if it's just a private laugh with the players. 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Never wrestled so I'm sure he'd kill me in a wrestling match 

Like @Royale with Cheese said... A submission grappling match would be more up my alley but I'm sure he's got great control and strength 

Sup buddy how you been 

Just got home from 60 days on the road

Won my first match at purple a few weeks ago.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1