Could You Kick Sean McDermott’s Ass?

Irv

National prep school champion wrestler.

William and Mary Safety.

Above all, a Ginger.

He would fold me like a cheap lawn chair.

(shout out to McD: keep up with the floppy hats and SPF-100, I worry about you)

• Like (+1) 1

I can't kick anybody's ass nor would I want to.

I stopped just short of getting a black belt in Tae Kwon Do when I was a kid because it was getting in the way of baseball.  Back then I could have defended myself pretty well.  

Today I would just offer to buy anybody who wants to fight a beer and get over it.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/24/2024 at 2:47 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

Dude, McDermott would mop the floor with you and probably most people on here.  You’re underestimating grapplers.

Facts, I'm 33 , in good shape, was a good wrestler (made state junior and senior year) but this guys mentality and skill is just superior to mine

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

We need to know more about what kind of game we're playing here.

Because if he tries to cross face me with no referee around, I will absolutely bite him until my teeth hit bone. :ph34r:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Facts, I'm 33 , in good shape, was a good wrestler (made state junior and senior year) but this guys mentality and skill is just superior to mine

Mentality first. Years ago in Florida I played tennis with a prominent judge. He was about 6’4” and fit looking, I knew that. I had him like, 4-1 in the first set, and 5-2 in the second. He had a gear I did not possess, and won both. Most of it was mental, and he’s not the only person I’ve known with that gear that just doesn’t lose.

I later learned he had the highest PPG average in University of Florida basketball history. I looked up to him before we played, and I respected him more after. 

Now to skill: Some people are just……….different. I thought I was a decent tennis player, until I played the guy who played Lendl and Connors at the US OPEN. There is always another level. Those guys seem to defy the laws of physics. Awesome experience! 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I really don’t think either one of them are fighters.  They would just give up once it got hard.

Who would win in an eating contest….

Homer Simpson or Peter Griffin?

I understand how you feel and I felt the same way, until I ran into to them in Orlando, those two are both dogs man!

A Simpson vs Griffin matchup is interesting, but that’s what people thought about Duran vs Leonard, but I can hear Homer saying “no mas no mas!”

9 hours ago, chris heff said:

Let me get this straight, this is a discussion about whether or not grown adults think they could beat up another grown adult. Setting aside the incredible improbability of the event, aren’t discussions like this best left to twelve year olds?

Yes.  You're right.

However, if this was a discussion among 12 year olds, you'd hear a lot of bravado:  "I could kick your ass any day of the week with one hand tied behind my back!"

Instead, we're a bunch of old men admitting McDermott's granny could beat us up with two hands tied behind her back.  

• Haha (+1) 2

On 8/24/2024 at 11:33 AM, julian said:

Considering I’m the bare knuckle champion of the over 50 division amongst the elderly contingent at our local mall walks every other Thursday…. Hell yeah I’d kick his ginger *ss !!!

Nope.

You would go down like Jenna Jamison.

• Haha (+1) 1