Panthers @ Bills, Preseason game 3, Sat 8/24 1pm

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Evans got a hamstring today.  If it's bad enough then FGJ may make the PS for a while.

Sometimes it’s all about the genes. Gore is part hummingbird part bumble bee. Probably a long shot but I’m totally ok with FGJ as RB4. They will also keep 1FB right?That’s a proper RB stable in my book.

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

Sometimes it’s all about the genes. Gore is part hummingbird part bumble bee. Probably a long shot but I’m totally ok with FGJ as RB4. They will also keep 1FB right?That’s a proper RB stable in my book.

I'm okay with it too.  It's the PS RB.  I think Evans right now brings a little more.

• Disagree 1

9 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Yet it ended 27-24.  And,  if we’re playing the “candy and nuts” game, it’s at least 30-27 of jones doesnt bull Dawkins into Allen. 

And that play doesn’t happen if Buffalo doesn’t miraculously recover Allen’s fumble at the start of the drive.

We stayed in the game with ball control. Which we could not execute for the full 60 minutes compared to them doing whatever the hell they wanted whenever they wanted. Not as close as it’s seemed is correct. But hey, context doesn’t matter to some. Different strokes. 

What an abysmal preseason. One to forget for all time. On top of that. They’re all injured. I got the impresssion Beane in his booth interview for the game knows they’re gonna suck. “Trying to get Brady and Josh as many different weapons….” Mmmm ok. We didn’t need a safety that can’t start in R2 and a backup DT in R3. You take those guys later. And you freaking double dip at WR

Edited by balln
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

it is absolutely true

here's where he ranks among fg% every year:

19th

15th

12th

24th

combine that w an astounding horrible 70.6 playoff fg% and an absolutely unthinkably poor 89.7% xpt in the playoffs...what are we really talking about here

Beane and McD fault. They hold onto their guys / their draft picks too freaking long. Give out dumb contracts too for marginal players.

3 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

And that play doesn’t happen if Buffalo doesn’t miraculously recover Allen’s fumble at the start of the drive.

We stayed in the game with ball control. Which we could not execute for the full 60 minutes compared to them doing whatever the hell they wanted whenever they wanted. Not as close as it’s seemed is correct. But hey, context doesn’t matter to some. Different strokes. 

Does the fumble exist if the "all-pro" receiver doesn't drop the dime they took the whole game to set up?  The score was what the score was.  We took the champs to the limit with a bunch of scrubs filling in on D.  Context does count, and nobody can fault McD for that approach. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Does the fumble exist if the "all-pro" receiver doesn't drop the dime they took the whole game to set up?  The score was what the score was.  We took the champs to the limit with a bunch of scrubs filling in on D.  Context does count, and nobody can fault McD for that approach. 

Amen.  To win those playoff games, you need your playmakers to step up for those handful of plays.

In all three facets of the game.  Our D did a great job considering. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Don’t let facts get in the way of a good story from the anti Allen gang cause the Dback fell down and Diggs would have walked in the endzone. Whether or not the D could have stopped the chiefs or Lamar in Baltimore the next week is a different story 

18 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I was a walk on at Ohio State in the mid-2000s, and got a scholarship my senior year... these videos always bring a tear to my eye.  Although, back in my day (old timer alert) we didn't have everything on social media and I didn't get some big production like this.  My experience was very anti-climatic... I got a call from our compliance department asking for some information and that's how I found out.  It was really cool when word got around the locker room and guys I had been killing myself against on the scout team for years came up to show their respect and congratulate me.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 hours ago, balln said:

What an abysmal preseason. One to forget for all time. On top of that. They’re all injured. I got the impresssion Beane in his booth interview for the game knows they’re gonna suck. “Trying to get Brady and Josh as many different weapons….” Mmmm ok. We didn’t need a safety that can’t start in R2 and a backup DT in R3. You take those guys later. And you freaking double dip at WR

I’m still optimistic… the Milano injury hurts for sure, though.  Ugh. Hopefully he can be healthy and contribute again at some point.

4 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

KC had 7 less yards on 31 less plays. Keep lying to yourself. 

9 hours ago, balln said:

The Chicago game was abysmal.  I grant you that.  The only positive about it was that it could have served as a wake up call.  The Pittsburgh game showed that the Bills can play defense at a high level.  II was not discouraged by the Carolina game.  Kendall Williamson has secured a ticket out of Buffalo.  Yes, the WR room is uncertain, but uncertain does not necessarily mean bad.  I'm not saying the Bills are going to be great this season.  I'm just saying it's too early to make the judgment that they are going to be great, terrible or somewhere in between.