Panthers @ Bills, Preseason game 3, Sat 8/24 1pm

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

We're trying to be a ball control offense that intentionally limits the number of drives in games but we can't kick FGs... not a great formula.

Honestly, ball control offense is a ridiculous idea with Allen as QB to begin with. I grew tired of McD trying to hide his defense last season. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Just now, jahnyc said:

Cutting Bass will cost us approximately $3 million in cap space.  I don't think we can cut him this season.

Sal said yesterday it would save $100k on the cap lol. So barely anything 

Just now, SirAndrew said:

Honestly, ball control offense is a ridiculous idea with Allen as QB to begin with. I grew tired of McD trying to hide his defense last season. 

Unless the defense is terrible.  Against KC it worked great, but that was necessity. 

Just now, jahnyc said:

Cutting Bass will cost us approximately $3 million in cap space.  I don't think we can cut him this season.

Looks to me like he might have pulled a muscle recently.  Hopefully he doesn't land on IR. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Unless the defense is terrible.  Against KC it worked great, but that was necessity. 

I agree about the KC game, but it still would have come down to one final defensive stop had Bass made the kick. I don’t think that would have happened anyway. Therefore ball control doesn’t do much except decrease the margin for error.