Panthers @ Bills, Preseason game 3, Sat 8/24 1pm

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Nah RBs are a penny a dozen and he has zero burst or speed. The contact balance makes him a decent emergency option though. Still he'll probably be behind Evans even on our PS.

yeah I think he shown he can play as a cheap second or third back. There are always teams looking for decent cheap options there and that’s exactly what he is. 

The middle of the field has been absolutely wide open all game long. Any chance of Andreessen getting claimed on waivers has evaporated.

I was excited he flashed last week but looks like that was a fluke. 

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Like who? I’m not saying he’s great. I’m just saying he’s shown enough. Always teams look for cheap running backs. 

I’m saying if a team has enough love for him to poach and put him on their 53 then why not shop him for a WR like Bo Melton or someone on a team with a crowded WR room

6 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Different competition.  These guys playing Panthers backups with Mitch playing against the ones also no game planning in any of these makes it not that important how long they have been here

I get that, I'm only half serious.

Still, these guys at least appear willing to dish the balls. I get they have the luxury of having nothing to lose, but I'd take either over Mitch who is just a straight up bust.

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Gore is the type of RB you put on the field to run out the clock at the end of games. He's earned a PS spot I think.

He'll get claimed

This defense looks pretty bad today (but mostly guys who won't be around come Tuesday so whatever)

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

yeah I think he shown he can play as a cheap second or third back. There are always teams looking for decent cheap options there and that’s exactly what he is. 

Remember Raheem Blackshear? This is the same thing but with less burst. Or Antonio Williams? Exact type of player that fans fall in love with in the 2nd half of preseason games. Zero chance he makes a roster anywhere IMO. I wouldn't even consider it 100% that he makes our PS.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NeverOutNick said:

I’m saying if a team has enough love for him to poach and put him on their 53 then why not shop him for a WR like Bo Melton or someone on a team with a crowded WR room

I mean maybe if there is a team in that situation but it would be likely we’d only get a receiver on par or worse than what we already have and then we’d have the same problem just with a wr instead. 

6 minutes ago, yall said:

Is Trubisky giving out handies in the locker room or something?

After watching DiNucci and Brown demonstrate at least some modicum of competence after being here for barely 10 days I have to wonder WTF do they see in Mitch.

I get what you're saying about Trubisky.  He's done nothing to suggest he belongs on the roster.  I think you're giving Brown a little too much credit.  It's not that he's played poorly.  He's just not had much time to do anything.  He's completed 2 passes, one on the 2 point conversion after your post.  He also had a productive run.  The rest of the time, he's been Dinucci from the Pittsburgh game, just handing the ball off.  If I'm McBeane, I'm certainly considering keeping Dinucci as my backup over Trubisky.  Cut down day around the league may have something to do with how things turn out.  

• Agree 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Remember Raheem Blackshear? This is the same thing but with less burst. Or Antonio Williams? Exact type of player that fans fall in love with in the 2nd half of preseason games. Zero chance he makes a roster anywhere IMO. I wouldn't even consider it 100% that he makes our PS.

Nah I think he is better than that. 

Blackshear ended up playing for the Panthers and scored a couple TDs didn't he?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Nah RBs are a penny a dozen and he has zero burst or speed. The contact balance makes him a decent emergency option though. Still he'll probably be behind Evans even on our PS.

Evans has a little bit of juice.  Gore has wiggle.  Based on the eye test from the first half today (I bailed after that), Evans is well ahead of Gore.  My big beef with Gore is that he has to be bigger and fall forward if he's going to play at that speed.  He's too small to be slow.  

• Like (+1) 1

I've not seen much from Buffalo's deep depth in the secondary.  They're pretty porous at this point.  Thankfully, Buffalo has good CBs not playing today.   Hopefully their safeties get healthy for the opener. 

1 minute ago, jlgarsh said:

Blackshear ended up playing for the Panthers and scored a couple TDs didn't he?

There are a lot of RBs talented enough to score a TD in the NFL. But everyone talked about him like we let a superstar walk out the door. Instead he was just a depth played. And he actually had some burst to his game. Gore just has contact balance, versus future insurance agents for that matter.

30 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Nice run stop from Hardy. I feel good about him and Ingram as depth outside. Honestly Elam feels like the odd man out right now, I won't be surprised if he's a regular on the inactive list this year.

Hardy has some pop to his game.  He put the lumber to someone in the first half on my side of the stadium.  Loud, loud hit. 

Just now, BigAl2526 said:

I've not seen much from Buffalo's deep depth in the secondary.  They're pretty porous at this point.  Thankfully, Buffalo has good CBs not playing today.   Hopefully their safeties get healthy for the opener. 

The safeties suck.  They really do.  There's guys who could start (Hamlin, Lewis) who if you told me they were getting cut I wouldn't be all that surprised.