Just now, Roundybout said:

Oh come on, that’s just not true 

it is absolutely true

here's where he ranks among fg% every year:

19th

15th

12th

24th

combine that w an astounding horrible 70.6 playoff fg% and an absolutely unthinkably poor 89.7% xpt in the playoffs...what are we really talking about here

• Like (+1) 5

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

agree w both you and the guy you quoted

what it did was keep the score close but not the outcome. we required a fluke fumble through the endzone to keep it from ending a two score game...ive said this a million times but we are not sophisticated enough offensively or game management-wise to play that kind of ball control effectively in high pressure situations

We can fault McD for a fair amount of stuff, but he almost pulled a magic act in that game.  The D was decimated.  I will never fault him for that result.  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

With the limited experience by the starters in the preseason it’s really hard to get a feel for what will be the team’s strengths and weaknesses as we start the regular season. 

Safety, WR and Bass reliability from long distance  all still seem to be question marks. WR seems like its gonna be boom or bust. Still frustrates me how Beane hasn’t added true playmakers with Josh.  

Running game, OL, TE depth and CB should be strong. Obviously expect Josh to have to be Superman yet again this season. 

AZ should be a challenging opener with a scrambling Murray at QB.

These are the positions where injuries have happened most.  I think we have better depth than before just not the same top end talent

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

agree w both you and the guy you quoted

what it did was keep the score close but not the outcome. we required a fluke fumble through the endzone to keep it from ending a two score game...ive said this a million times but we are not sophisticated enough offensively or game management-wise to play that kind of ball control effectively in high pressure situations

I also think we lack a playmaker on defense to play the ball control game. We don’t have a disruptive pass rusher to close out the game. If KC gets the ball back, I’m quite convinced they’re scoring. Ball control offense puts you in a lot of close games, but we don’t have anyone to close those games out on defense. I’d rather Allen let it fly, and hope to take a big lead while getting the home crowd riled up. I think that’s our more likely path to victory. You’re correct, we’re not sophisticated enough to play that game. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's no joke. We are probably the most informed about the Bills here, instead of relying on national media.

DiBiassi ( local Buffalo Radio guy/WGR???) was on local Clt WFNZ Friday afternoon show for a solid 10-15 minutes with Bailey.

Don’t know him or any of your opinions of him. He did a solid job of admitting this is a squad in transition, in detail. Also, he pointed out that McD is the longest tenured coach without a SB appearance and that he’d be shocked if Pegs released him even with a five win season. 
   I assume Smitty is calling the game on the Panthers feed. Dudes a bit of a dope but he’s also in the know of league happenings. His mixed metaphors though…. Oy vey.

Reading this board, a bunch on here are pretty ill informed also but stridently believe otherwise 😁

5 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

We can fault McD for a fair amount of stuff, but he almost pulled a magic act in that game.  The D was decimated.  I will never fault him for that result.  

Not really. KC gifted us a goal line turn over. The game wasn't nearly as close as it ended up being

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

it is absolutely true

here's where he ranks among fg% every year:

19th

15th

12th

24th

combine that w an astounding horrible 70.6 playoff fg% and an absolutely unthinkably poor 89.7% xpt in the playoffs...what are we really talking about here

While I 100% agree that Bass may now be done here, simply citing fg% for prior years is a bit simplistic because kicking in Buffalo, NY is not the same as kicking in domes and many southern/ western locations. Bass was plenty good enough ( given, never a “top” kicker) for 2/3 years for this team. Now, not so much. I believe only Pittsburgh ( more due to the field) is considered a harder place to kick than Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

I don’t care what anyone says. KJ Hamler is a difference maker and needs to make this team

I think he's a PS squad lock and he'll be our Curtis Samuel call up replacement if he ever misses time. Nobody playing this late in the final preseason game has a shot of making the team IMO.

• Like (+1) 1