Panthers @ Bills, Preseason game 3, Sat 8/24 1pm

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, SirAndrew said:

I agree about the KC game, but it still would have come down to one final defensive stop had Bass made the kick. I don’t think that would have happened anyway. Therefore ball control doesn’t do much except decrease the margin for error. 

The options against KC were play ball control and win it at the end or let it rip with Josh and see what happened.  They played that game perfectly, except for Chris Jones getting into Dawkins and Bass not allowing them a chance to make a stop and win in OT. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

The options against KC were play ball control and win it at the end or let it rip with Josh and see what happened.  They played that game perfectly, except for Chris Jones getting into Dawkins and Bass not allowing them a chance to make a stop and win in OT. 

agree w both you and the guy you quoted

what it did was keep the score close but not the outcome. we required a fluke fumble through the endzone to keep it from ending a two score game...ive said this a million times but we are not sophisticated enough offensively or game management-wise to play that kind of ball control effectively in high pressure situations

• Agree 2

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

no big deal really. it was a good story, local kid and all. I was pulling for him. he'll land somewhere and maybe be able to pick up his game and live his dream?

He will end up on a PS somewhere 

With the limited experience by the starters in the preseason it’s really hard to get a feel for what will be the team’s strengths and weaknesses as we start the regular season. 

Safety, WR and Bass reliability from long distance  all still seem to be question marks. WR seems like its gonna be boom or bust. Still frustrates me how Beane hasn’t added true playmakers with Josh.  

Running game, OL, TE depth and CB should be strong. Obviously expect Josh to have to be Superman yet again this season. 

AZ should be a challenging opener with a scrambling Murray at QB.