How many of y'all drafted Shakir as your FF sleeper?

appoo

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Alright...just finished my most expensive annual league we have been doing for 25 years.  I landed Shakir in round 12, I had actually planned on taking him a little earlier, but when I realized that the guys in my league seemed less prepared than normal leaning more on "names" than upside younger guys, I thought I can probably wait a little bit longer.  Funny, I actually ended up with more Bills than I intended to, but kept getting such good value on them and there was no one else I felt as good about at each spot I got them.  

I got Allen (3rd round) and Kincaid (5th round).  I was pretty happy with that even though I generally don't like going QB early, but QB's score more in this league than most, so having a top end QB is sizable advantage.  And there had been a run on TE's and luckily Kelce, LaPorta, Andrews, and McBride went first.  With Kittle and Kincaid still there, I just couldn't pass on Kincaids upside.  

Took a late round flier on Davis too when there wasn't much left on the board.  The other guy I got was Coleman, which I had not intended on taking after landing Kincaid and still targeting Shakir later.  But the few guys I was looking went just before my pick and Colemans value there in the 10th round was too high to just pass up for some middling vet I probably wouldn't play over starters anyway or rookies with lower upsides this season based on expected roles and volume of targets.  So went with his upside and figured 2 late picks in 10th and 12th were a bargain to insure I landed whoever is likely to emerge as the top WR for Allen this year.  

Yea I usually don't have a ton of Bills on my team. The only consistent I've reached for the last few years has been Diggs. I never trusted Gade Davis as a fantasy dude. 

If y'all are curious this is my 10 franchise team. 

image.thumb.png.c815337be382b75f83b3199b86e94849.png

32 minutes ago, appoo said:

Yea I usually don't have a ton of Bills on my team. The only consistent I've reached for the last few years has been Diggs. I never trusted Gade Davis as a fantasy dude. 

If y'all are curious this is my 10 franchise team. 

image.thumb.png.c815337be382b75f83b3199b86e94849.png

Yeah, I don't normally do a lot of Bills...only guys in the past 4 or 5 years have really been on any of my teams with any frequency have been mostly Allen or Diggs.  I hated Davis in fantasy...classic guy who got you nothing when you start him and some big game occasionally on your bench.  I think I had Cook in a couple leagues last year, although I don't think I had Diggs in any of them.  

The draft I did yesterday has a couple guys who are usually pretty savvy with rookies, young players, sleepers etc.  But as we got into the draft it became clearer they were not as up to speed as much as usual, probably due to busier lives with kids and stuff now.  I could tell they kind of just ignored the Bills all together with "Diggs gone", so I just kept seeing some of the guys just scream value on the board in some spots and ended up with more than I intended.  It was mainly because 3 of them were all 10th round or later (Coleman, Shakir, and Davis), so cheap investment with good upside. 

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, I don't normally do a lot of Bills...only guys in the past 4 or 5 years have really been on any of my teams with any frequency have been mostly Allen or Diggs.  I hated Davis in fantasy...classic guy who got you nothing when you start him and some big game occasionally on your bench.  I think I had Cook in a couple leagues last year, although I don't think I had Diggs in any of them.  

The draft I did yesterday has a couple guys who are usually pretty savvy with rookies, young players, sleepers etc.  But as we got into the draft it became clearer they were not as up to speed as much as usual, probably due to busier lives with kids and stuff now.  I could tell they kind of just ignored the Bills all together with "Diggs gone", so I just kept seeing some of the guys just scream value on the board in some spots and ended up with more than I intended.  It was mainly because 3 of them were all 10th round or later (Coleman, Shakir, and Davis), so cheap investment with good upside. 

For me, I always used projected non-screen volume as great ways to assess fantasy players. One guy I targeted was Joe Mixon, because he's goign to be a workhorse back in a high octance offense. Shakir & Kincaid are great options because they're going to be the money weapons in a QB that's going to throw for 4200/25+.

My least favorite pick in my draft is D'avtone Smith, just because I don't think his volume is going to be enough with AJ Brown, Dallas Goedert, Saquon Barkley and Jalen Hurts running the ball 15+ a game. But I figure I'll start with him and see if Shakir or Jameson Williams pop as money guys. Amon St' Brown is an intermediate range WR, and Williams is the more dynamic athlete there so he's got some fun potential

40 minutes ago, appoo said:

For me, I always used projected non-screen volume as great ways to assess fantasy players. One guy I targeted was Joe Mixon, because he's goign to be a workhorse back in a high octance offense. Shakir & Kincaid are great options because they're going to be the money weapons in a QB that's going to throw for 4200/25+.

My least favorite pick in my draft is D'avtone Smith, just because I don't think his volume is going to be enough with AJ Brown, Dallas Goedert, Saquon Barkley and Jalen Hurts running the ball 15+ a game. But I figure I'll start with him and see if Shakir or Jameson Williams pop as money guys. Amon St' Brown is an intermediate range WR, and Williams is the more dynamic athlete there so he's got some fun potential

I have Mixon as well along with JJ and McConkey.  We have several similar players

Jaylen Warren is an incredible pick up in the 13th round. While he's got a time share with Harris, he's gonne be the higher scoring guy and I think by the end of the season owns that job outright

• Like (+1) 1

I drafted Shakir LAST year as a sleeper and it worked out.  This season I don't think he's a sleeper at all anymore.  People who play FF definitely know who he is and what he can do.

My leagues have a lot of Bills fans, so most Bills players go about two or three rounds earlier than they should. For example, if Shakir is projected to go in round 12, someone will pick him in round six or seven. If Shakir fell to the right spot, I would definitely grab him though.

Got Ray Davis in fantasy I the last round, surprisingly he is projected to have 0.00 points. 

I don’t get why Bills players are still overlooked, he did very well in preseason and people should know he is going to be RB2 in Buffalo. 

I drafted Shakir late in my first draft last night. I think the reasons he is valued a bit lower are a) lack of name recognition; b) lack of track record - a non-Bills fan casual doesn't know his numbers last year basically came in half a season; and c) a feeling he might catch lots of balls but not have lots of yards or touchdowns. 

I intend to use him as my high floor flex. He's gonna have 5 or 6 catches most weeks IMO and in PPR leagues that has value. 

• Like (+1) 1