How many of y'all drafted Shakir as your FF sleeper?

appoo

21 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I am more after KIncaid.

I don't see a ton of upside for Shakir.

Like best case scenario, 900 yards maybe 6 TDs?

This is not to discount shakir as he is a good WR, just a lot of mouths to feed on the bills offence

A lot of mouths to feed? Where? Kincaid is the only consistent guy outside of Shakir. Cook drops half his TD receiving targets, Knox drops half his passes period lol, Coleman is a rookie and Samuel is a better version of what we wanted Isaiah McKenzie to be. Shakir is going to eat, and eat a lot 

1 hour ago, NeverOutNick said:

A lot of mouths to feed? Where? Kincaid is the only consistent guy outside of Shakir. Cook drops half his TD receiving targets, Knox drops half his passes period lol, Coleman is a rookie and Samuel is a better version of what we wanted Isaiah McKenzie to be. Shakir is going to eat, and eat a lot 

Josh Allen/ Ray Davis will combine for a lot of rushing TDs.

Kincaid, Samuel, Shakir, Cook, Coleman, and even a bit of Knox will be featured in the passing game with some roles 

Bills aren't paying Samuel like 9 mil to be a slightly better version of McKenzie. Check his stats/usage under Joe Brady when he had him in Carolina 

How many yards/TDs do you think Shakir will get out of curiosity?

Edited by BillsFan130

9 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

How many yards/TDs do you think Shakir will get out of curiosity?

If Shakir is healthy I bet he gets over 1100 yards and 7 TDs this year. He’s our version of Puka this year so I’m underselling what he’s going to do. He’s our only WR (not TE) I think will be a consistent fantasy threat each and every week

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, NeverOutNick said:

If Shakir is healthy I bet he gets over 1100 yards and 7 TDs this year. He’s our version of Puka this year so I’m underselling what he’s going to do. He’s our only WR (not TE) I think will be a consistent fantasy threat each and every week

That's a pretty bold prediction. Not saying you're wrong.

But personally I would be very surprised if he puts up those numbers.

I would guess like 800 and 5-6 TDs myself

8 hours ago, appoo said:

I snagged him late rounds, and I have a feeling a lot you guys did to. Dude is gonna cook this season

My first draft is tomorrow, I will be looking to take Shakir earlier than that.  This is my big money league and there are a couple guys who are too savvy to let Shakir get that deep in a draft.  Depending on how the board falls I think I will start considering him around round 8 as I don't know how much further he will last, assuming he makes it to my pick in round 8.  In my buddies league he went round 7 and there are no Bills fans in that league.  

3 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

I think this is a reasonable prediction for him.  He only had 45 targets last year and got to 611 yards.  Just doubling his targets puts him at 1222...and if you adjust for a little less efficiency with more volume, 1100 yards is right about what I would expect if he sees 90 targets.  And I can see him finishing (assuming no injuries) with anywhere from 90-120 targets this year and I think that target range comes down to how many targets Keon sees this year.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Alright...just finished my most expensive annual league we have been doing for 25 years.  I landed Shakir in round 12, I had actually planned on taking him a little earlier, but when I realized that the guys in my league seemed less prepared than normal leaning more on "names" than upside younger guys, I thought I can probably wait a little bit longer.  Funny, I actually ended up with more Bills than I intended to, but kept getting such good value on them and there was no one else I felt as good about at each spot I got them.  

I got Allen (3rd round) and Kincaid (5th round).  I was pretty happy with that even though I generally don't like going QB early, but QB's score more in this league than most, so having a top end QB is sizable advantage.  And there had been a run on TE's and luckily Kelce, LaPorta, Andrews, and McBride went first.  With Kittle and Kincaid still there, I just couldn't pass on Kincaids upside.  

Took a late round flier on Davis too when there wasn't much left on the board.  The other guy I got was Coleman, which I had not intended on taking after landing Kincaid and still targeting Shakir later.  But the few guys I was looking went just before my pick and Colemans value there in the 10th round was too high to just pass up for some middling vet I probably wouldn't play over starters anyway or rookies with lower upsides this season based on expected roles and volume of targets.  So went with his upside and figured 2 late picks in 10th and 12th were a bargain to insure I landed whoever is likely to emerge as the top WR for Allen this year.  

Edited by Alphadawg7