What was the year we almost went undefeated?

I just remembered I think we went 13 and 3 and those three losses were so close. Just curious what season that was with Josh and McDermott and if someone can explain how those losses came down that would be cool. Thanks. edit. It was the 2022 season. The missed throw in the end zone in Miami during the heat. 3 points to the jets(have to see how) and the Josh Allen fumble snap against the vikings. Other wise VERY CLOSE to being undefeated 

Edited by Lafromboise
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, skibum said:

That was 1990-91. 13-3; The Chiefs clobbered them 33-6, but the other two losses were 3 points each, one in OT. 

And not to take any of the shine off it, because it was great to watch, but they had a pretty soft schedule that year. 

1990 and 1991 they went 13-3 in those years, but they never came close to going undefeated. In 1990 they lost at Miami 30-7 in week 2. In 1991 they lost at KC 33-6 in week 6. They never had a year where they were still undefeated going into December.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Lafromboise said:

With Josh and McDermott. Not the 90s bills

2020 they went 13-3 but lost at TEN 42-16 in week 6. Just like the 90's Bills they never came close to going undefeated as they had already lost game in Oct.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, warrior9 said:

amount of time you took doing that, you could have just searched and answered his question and contributed to the convo :) 

I'm a jerk though so that wouldn't have been any fun.

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Lafromboise said:

With Josh and McDermott. Not the 90s bills

how long have you been following the bills? JA has been here a half a dozen years. two times going 13-3. 2020 and 2022. 2022, loss by 3 to the vikings. loss by 3 to the jets and a loss by 2 to the fins. that would be the year you question. in 2020 they were hammered by the titans 16-42, hail mary loss to the cardinals 30-32 and the loss the chiefs 17-26.

I see you edited your post and must of done as suggested and looked it up just as I did. I always found this a good site for info.  

PRO FOOTBALL REFERENCE

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

1 hour ago, Lafromboise said:

I prefer just to discuss it and read opinions. I hate it when people say just Google it

Not at all. Just reminiscing 

Well, you asked a question with a very easy to find answer. Discussing that season is fine, but maybe you could have provided more to the discussion yourself if this was something you were interested in talking about.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

We lost meaningless games to Washington (1990) and Detroit (1991) where we rested the starters. I am pretty sure Gale Gilbert played most of the Washington game. Those two games would have likely been wins and we probably would have been 14-2 those seasons but I am pretty sure in each season there was one close loss and one loss where we got smoked. Kind of crazy how close those two regular seasons were back to back. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1