Brett Rypien

4 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Some team's third string guy will be better than Trubisky. Both the Browns 3rd and 4th string guys are better than Trubisky. 

If they are 3rd and 4th string guys, there will be no need to trade for them. They will be cut or can be plucked off of a PS, right? 

I’m not sure what happened to Trubisky, but we had better hope Josh stays healthy. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, RenoNVBillsfan said:

Correction: Rypien is battling for the back up quarterback position with Bagent. 70% completion percentage in 34 attempts. Three touchdowns no interceptions. 134 QBR rating. I’ll take those numbers any day over Trubisky. I’d also not hold out hope for the recent QB Bills brought in. 

Sounds like Preseason Peterman stats to me 😎

On 8/23/2024 at 12:52 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

this team is toast...so give me the guy who will lose us the most games in a lost season to get the best draft pick.  Can you imagine the draft power we would have with a high pick in every round to go along with an extra 2nd and two additional 4ths we already have?  The wost thing would be to lose Allen and then still win 7 or 8 games.  Like lets lose lose lose if Allen goes down and ramp up the ammunition for top of the draft talent next year.  

Pretty much the argument I made just about every year during the drought to much disdain🤷‍♂️

Beware, some people LOVE middle of the road purgatory 

Edited by Buffalo Boy
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, RenoNVBillsfan said:

The Bills should make a trade for Chicago 3rd string QB Brett Rypien. I was impressed with his performance in the HOF game and overall he has had a solid preseason. Blows Trubisky’s numbers out of the water. Waiting for waivers is an option but if I were Beane I’d send Chicago a 7th rd pick as a safeguard. 

IMG_0410.jpeg

OMG

8 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Trubisky sucks and the OP is looking to discuss a viable backup option on the cheap.  I don’t get the snarky response? 

The snark is because it's very rare that a team will keep 3 QB.  The #3 QB usually hits the waiver wire on cutdown day.

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

There's a fine line between loyalty & stupidity. 

Yup.

And the Bills are nowhere close to the stupidity side of the line.

They're not perfect. They make mistakes. But not many. Mentioning stupidity in the same sentence as Beane and the brain trust just does not make sense.

13 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Trubisky sucks and the OP is looking to discuss a viable backup option on the cheap.  I don’t get the snarky response? 

because giving up draft capital for a mediocre backup QB (based on Peterman and Tuel preseason performances) is the definition of insanity.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

because giving up draft capital for a mediocre backup QB (based on Peterman and Tuel preseason performances) is the definition of insanity.

So maybe a conditional 7th round pick for a backup QB is the definition of insanity?  Bills have a playoff caliber roster and currently zero insurance at the most important position…that’s insanity to me.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, RenoNVBillsfan said:

The Bills should make a trade for Chicago 3rd string QB Brett Rypien. I was impressed with his performance in the HOF game and overall he has had a solid preseason. Blows Trubisky’s numbers out of the water. Waiting for waivers is an option but if I were Beane I’d send Chicago a 7th rd pick as a safeguard. 

IMG_0410.jpeg

I would prefer this Rypien as a backup QB as she is daughter of Super Bowl MVP Mark Rypien

image.jpeg.e01dd1043b47f57acddd711e8b0b25f1.jpeg

image.jpeg.f8e623d0a2e48ea8c64452102964aa4c.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, RenoNVBillsfan said:

IMG_0410.jpeg

19 hours ago, RenoNVBillsfan said:

Correction: Rypien is battling for the back up quarterback position with Bagent. 70% completion percentage in 34 attempts. Three touchdowns no interceptions. I’ll take those numbers any day over Trubisky. If that’s madness talk then go ahead and call me crazy.

I was impressed with Tyson Bagent.

I'd be fine if the Bills brought in either guy after cutdowns.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

So maybe a conditional 7th round pick for a backup QB is the definition of insanity?  Bills have a playoff caliber roster and currently zero insurance at the most important position…that’s insanity to me.

So here’s the thing-you want to improve the back up QB spot that’s fine with me, but to trade assets for it when the team can very easily get equal quality after cuts are made is where you’re off.

• Agree 1

If Trubs is healthy, he’s the backup. If not, may be IR.

Kyle Allen and Keenum if they are cut.  Josh needs his “guys”.

Watched the end of the 4th quarter and want to see how Brown looked. Thought he made some nice plays in what I saw.

On 8/23/2024 at 3:14 PM, RoyBatty is alive said:

Even if true you think the Browns keep 4 qbs, no way, if we are that desperate we can get him off waivers eventually.

I actually think they did keep 4 QBs not sure if they ditch one but I think I read they kept 4... Very Brownsy thing to do. 

13 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Somebody on Reddit said the Browns are the team that drafts 4 QBs baiting people for a trade and no one bites 

I agree I dont think they will carry all 4 but hey you never know LOL