Brett Rypien

The Bills should make a trade for Chicago 3rd string QB Brett Rypien. I was impressed with his performance in the HOF game and overall he has had a solid preseason. Blows Trubisky’s numbers out of the water. Waiting for waivers is an option but if I were Beane I’d send Chicago a 7th rd pick as a safeguard. 

IMG_0410.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

“The Bills should trade for a 3rd string QB”

if that’s not a training camp statement, I don’t know what is!

let the madness stop and get the season started!!!!!!

Some team's third string guy will be better than Trubisky. Both the Browns 3rd and 4th string guys are better than Trubisky. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

5 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Some team's third string guy will be better than Trubisky. Both the Browns 3rd and 4th string guys are better than Trubisky. 

doesn’t mean we would make a move though. 

this regime seems to have loyalty

***Disclaimer*** - I am NOT defending Trubisky.  If anyone has read my ALL-22 reviews, I have shredded Trubisky and repeatedly said he sucks.  

Now that we have that out of the way...Here is why I do not think that Beane will make a trade.  

He was hurt in the 2nd preseason game, and they are going to give him some benefit of the doubt that part of his struggles had to do with that.  And I think they will lean more on their overall feeling he has had a good camp as guys like Brady, Allen, etc have mentioned in interviews.  Teams don't like to make moves at QB this late as its a lot to learn, even for a backup who could play on any given snap, unless they feel they must make a move or have to due to injuries.  

Personally, I don't care a whole lot who the backup is.  In fact, if I am being totally honest, I say go with the worst backup.  If we lose Allen, this team is toast...so give me the guy who will lose us the most games in a lost season to get the best draft pick.  Can you imagine the draft power we would have with a high pick in every round to go along with an extra 2nd and two additional 4ths we already have?  The wost thing would be to lose Allen and then still win 7 or 8 games.  Like lets lose lose lose if Allen goes down and ramp up the ammunition for top of the draft talent next year.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

Bills should not be trading for a backup QB unless they are willing to trade starting DE for him.

Does the backup QB for Cardinals have a Skelton in his closet?

2 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Trubisky sucks and the OP is looking to discuss a viable backup option on the cheap.  I don’t get the snarky response? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Correction: Rypien is battling for the back up quarterback position with Bagent. 70% completion percentage in 34 attempts. Three touchdowns no interceptions. I’ll take those numbers any day over Trubisky. If that’s madness talk then go ahead and call me crazy.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

trade a pick for a bad team's 3rd string QB because he didn't stink in preseason?

this thread deserves some sort of award...

Correction: Rypien is battling for the back up quarterback position with Bagent. 70% completion percentage in 34 attempts. Three touchdowns no interceptions. 134 QBR rating. I’ll take those numbers any day over Trubisky. I’d also not hold out hope for the recent QB Bills brought in. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills don't have to make a trade for anyone if they have the intentions of replacing Mitch(which I doubt). There will be some names that shake loose after this week and the Bills present a great opportunity to be a # 2 that a lot of places dont have at the moment.

1 hour ago, RenoNVBillsfan said:

Correction: Rypien is battling for the back up quarterback position with Bagent. 70% completion percentage in 34 attempts. Three touchdowns no interceptions. 134 QBR rating. I’ll take those numbers any day over Trubisky. I’d also not hold out hope for the recent QB Bills brought in. 

if a preseason hero is your trade target goal, why not go after Nate Peterman?

• Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, RenoNVBillsfan said:

The Bills should make a trade for Chicago 3rd string QB Brett Rypien. I was impressed with his performance in the HOF game and overall he has had a solid preseason. Blows Trubisky’s numbers out of the water. Waiting for waivers is an option but if I were Beane I’d send Chicago a 7th rd pick as a safeguard. 

IMG_0410.jpeg

Is this to be the 3rd string QB?  OK fine, but he's not replacing Trubisky.  Regardless of what you think, there's a lot  to be said for being familiar with the system so very unlikely this would happen.

3 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Even if true you think the Browns keep 4 qbs, no way, if we are that desperate we can get him off waivers eventually.