Troy Franklin update

On 8/24/2024 at 5:38 AM, GunnerBill said:

I think it is a brave but odd decision for Canales to not play any starters at all in pre-season. When proven, strong, vet teams do it I get it and support it. But new regimes with questions all over the roster? I'd be wanting those reps myself.

Canales is kind of a weird dude. His wife wrote a book about how to cheat on your spouse and drinking and drug addiction. So judgement may not be a strong suit 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/23/2024 at 9:34 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

You know, we don't always agree (although I think we do more than we don't)...but I always respect your opinion and you as a poster as you are never afraid to admit a bad take, or something you thought turned out different, etc.  You don't try and spin it and spew some nonsense to try and sound like you were still right about something that didn't pan out.  And you are also not set on whatever position you initially had, you take in other views and new information and weigh it against your initial thoughts.  

So cheers and kudos.  And also, its a long season...which has not even started yet...he can still bounce back. 

Thanks man.

I also think we agree more often than we don't. There are just a small handful of things we have differing opinions on, and we tend to both passionately defend our positions in lengthy diatribes to one another over the course of the offseason. But our discourse is always respectful, well reasoned, and hopefully at times expands both of our viewpoints on various issues. We never veer into personal insults or that kind of nonsense. In short, it's the exact type of spirited debate and discussion that make this forum fun. I always enjoy the back-and-forth with you. 

As for remaining flexible and open to new information and not having take-lock: ever since I went into full on depression/panic mode the night the Bills drafted Josh Allen because I was so sure he'd be an epic bust, I've realized: I don't know nothin about nothin. Best to remain pliable and not take anything too seriously.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Logic said:

Thanks man.

I also think we agree more often than we don't. There are just a small handful of things we have differing opinions on, and we tend to both passionately defend our positions in lengthy diatribes to one another over the course of the offseason. But our discourse is always respectful, well reasoned, and hopefully at times expands both of our viewpoints on various issues. We never veer into personal insults or that kind of nonsense. In short, it's the exact type of spirited debate and discussion that make this forum fun. I always enjoy the back-and-forth with you. 

As for remaining flexible and open to new information and not having take-lock: ever since I went into full on depression/panic mode the night the Bills drafted Josh Allen because I was so sure he'd be an epic bust, I've realized: I don't know nothin about nothin. Best to remain pliable and not take anything too seriously.

You lost me at "Thanks".... Just kidding. I think...

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Thanks man.

Thanks, and yeah spot on 💯

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Ha, we all have these takes in our closet...some of us learn from them, others don't and tend to forget them like they didn't happen lol.  Its rare you will ever find me hard convicted to any one scenario, a lesson I learned on CJ Spiller when I was 100% convinced he should be our feature RB after his big season. 

For example, as you know I am more optimistic on our current group of weapons, including Keon, than you are.  And that has a lot to do with how I feel about Kincaid and Shakir.  But by no means do I think its a lock the offense will be better, its just a style of offense I prefer compared to a top heavy one where you force feed a top target.  But, both Kincaid and Shakir are going to be tested in bigger roles, Keon still needs to show what he can (or can't) do on the field, etc.  So no certainties even if I think there are reasons to be optimistic about it. 

But, if the offense does not take a step forward this year, which despite my optimism is quite possible, I will be pounding the drum to got get more talent at WR this offseason with all our cap space and draft picks.  I guess that is also why I think people are too negative on Keon, because even if he proves he isn't the solution say as a WR1, he has a lot to like as a potential very good WR2 for us, and we can go out and get a proven WR1 or move up in the draft and take one next year to play along side each other.  

Cheers and GoBills!

• Like (+1) 2

I didn't know anything about Franklin really until we did all the draft discussions on here.  The only thing that stood out to me was that the Bills used three visits on him.  To me, when he was there in the 2nd round twice, it made sense that we would take him, along with Franklin's projected 2nd round status.  

I will say though, he probably had one of the more impressive tapes I watched.  Lined up all over the field, decent speed, caught with his hands.  Looked good to me.  

But clearly he fell for a reason, and the Broncos are finding out why now

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 1