Troy Franklin update

On 10/9/2024 at 3:39 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

I agree about BTJ, I was just pointing out he wouldn’t have been in the field in Hollins spot getting that pass from Allen, he would have been where Coleman was on other side of field because we wouldn’t have Coleman if we had BTJ.

But I agree about BTJ, he was my top target in draft of the guys who were realistic and he’s off to a good start too.

It doesn't hurt that his team gives him more opportunities to make plays

45 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Looked really good last night.  Beane messed this one up.

Not so sure about that.

Franklin was selected by the Broncos with a trade-up to the #2 pick in the 4th round. In order for the Bills to have been in the position to draft Franklin they would have either:

1. Selected Franklin with the late 3rd they used on Carter

OR

2. Traded up in the 4th, with the picks they used to acquire Ray Davis, SVP (and possibly more)

It will take a year or more before we know for sure how all this pans out, but for now, I am leaning toward the choices that Beane and the War Room made back in April.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

Not so sure about that.

Franklin was selected by the Broncos with a trade-up to the #2 pick in the 4th round. In order for the Bills to have been in the position to draft Franklin they would have either:

OR

2. Traded up in the 4th, with the picks they used to acquire Ray Davis, SVP (and possibly more)

It will take a year or more before we know for sure how all this pans out, but for now, I am leaning toward the choices that Beane and the War Room made back in April.

Yea isn’t it obvious? Double dib wr. Select Carter rd 4 and ray in 5th 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I still wonder what exactly caused him to slide as much in the draft as he did. I understand not everyone was 1st round pick high on his film, but 4th round was pretty crazy IMO if you're going purely off the film. I know his combine was uneven to be kind but still.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I think you should probably wait more than 6 games before saying that...especially since Coleman has the same number of catches, almost double the yards and 1 more TD in 1 less game and has made more impact plays.

Up until last night he was looking more like Kirk Franklin having a Holy Ghost party on the field and playing the role of Casper.

"GP are ya with me!?"

"Oh yeah, we havin' church we ain't goin' nowhere!"

Uncle Charlie Bet GIF by Charlie Wilson

Can I get a witness up in here?!?!?!?!? Whoooooooooooooooo!!!!

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 2003Contenders said:

Not so sure about that.

OR

Correct - for the price of a backup interior defensive lineman, Beane could’ve drafted a starting outside receiver he met with and reportedly was high on.  And for the price of a backup safety he likely could’ve traded up for Brian Thomas Jr.  He could (and in my opinion should) have done BOTH.  This is the type of resource mis-allocation that seems to happen every single year here and this year resulted in them having to give away a third rounder for a half-year rental (granted they probably would’ve spent that third rounder on a running back or d tackle anyhow).

Just now, HansLanda said:

lol - I mean he had 5 catches for 50 yards, clearly a fireable offense on beane. 

Did you watch the game?  He looks like a more than capable boundary receiver.  Sutton btw got zero targets.  How much did Beane squander on the combination of MVS, Hollins and now Cooper for half a year?  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Correct - for the price of a backup interior defensive lineman, Beane could’ve drafted a starting outside receiver he met with and reportedly was high on.  And for the price of a backup safety he likely could’ve traded up for Brian Thomas Jr.  He could (and in my opinion should) have done BOTH.  This is the type of resource mis-allocation that seems to happen every single year here and this year resulted in them having to give away a third rounder for a half-year rental (granted they probably would’ve spent that third rounder on a running back or d tackle anyhow).

Did you watch the game?  He looks like a more than capable boundary receiver.  Sutton btw got zero targets.  How much did Beane squander on the combination of MVS, Hollins and now Cooper for half a year?  

In fairness he will get something back for Cooper if he walks in terms of a comp pick, but obviously delayed a year.

7 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

for the price of an interior backup lineman he got a top 20 WR with ability to extend him.  Another way of looking at it. 

5 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

On one night against the Saints?

Just did a cursory glance at the YTD stats:

Franklin: 12 rec, 110yrds, 1 TD, 9.2 yards per catch average

Coleman: 12 rec 201yrds, 2 TDs, 16.8 yards per catch average

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was maybe the biggest Franklin Stan on this board during the draft and gutted through that game just to watch his play. I do wish he was on the Bills. 

But bringing him up every week he does or doesn’t do something is odd to me. We passed on every other WR that was drafted after Keon.

10 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Draft both!!

Both Carter and Davis are both looking better than Franklin so far.  Swing and a miss on this line you are taking.

And he also didn't have a good camp, had dropped TD passes this year, and hasn't done much of anything as a rookie.  

But hey, you saw him average 10 ypc for a whopping 5 catches in one game (something any bench WR can do on any given day) and suddenly Beane missed the boat?  LOL

This board never fails to entertain at its fullest.  

Franklin may end up being a good starting NFL WR...he may prove to be a bust.  We won't know until a few years down the road...but what we do know is that last night literally proved nothing about him either way.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/7/2024 at 1:33 PM, zow2 said:

Ray Davis has sucked.  I was thinking he was a perfect compliment for Cook,  he'd hit the hole, one cut, north south, Boom.  So far that has not worked out.  But I was not a fan of Franklin's game either and didn't want us to draft him.  Let's check back in 3 years and see who accomplished what.

You were saying?  Is it time for a little forkful?

eating-crow.jpg