Troy Franklin update

Just now, GoBills808 said:

How did Beane know the Chiefs weren't going to take Coleman

Maybe he did and maybe he didn't.  Maybe he had several guys ranked similarly and was happy to get one of those guys in order to get a 3rd round pick.

It's not all black and white.  The bottom line is that saying he was somehow incompetent because he "allowed" KC to draft Worthy is just foolish.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, eball said:

Only from people who don't understand how the draft works.  It's not Brandon Beane's job to prevent other teams from selecting players they want; it's to put himself in the best position to acquire the talent he wants..

Unfortunately, there’s a lot of those people out there. I agree with @Einstein, it will be nauseating hearing about not drafting that guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, eball said:

Only from people who don't understand how the draft works.  It's not Brandon Beane's job to prevent other teams from selecting players they want; it's to put himself in the best position to acquire the talent he wants..

It really is unreal how this is lost on so many people.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Maybe he did and maybe he didn't.  Maybe he had several guys ranked similarly and was happy to get one of those guys in order to get a 3rd round pick.

It's not all black and white.  The bottom line is that saying he was somehow incompetent because he "allowed" KC to draft Worthy is just foolish.

I don't think there's any way they could have known...which is to say that the idea that Coleman was their guy all along isn't the case. 

Yes the idea that he's incompetent because the Chiefs took worthy is silly

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, eball said:

and not to mention, there’s like a 90% chance the Chiefs would’ve ended up with Worthy whether the trade was made or not.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

The whole class hasn't really done much to be honest so far in looking at it.

Maybe at least wait for the regular season.  Not sure how you can form an opinion based on how little teams use their starters in the preseason. 

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, eball said:

Sounds like a you problem.  :lol:

Given that the Chiefs added three trophies to their case over the past six years and the Bills added none, it's also sort of a Bills problem.

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

You’re right - and that sucks.

We are going to constantly hear about how we traded the Worthy pick to KC. That burst speed he had on the TD was just nauseating.

Doesn't matter if Coleman produces.

51 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Maybe at least wait for the regular season.  Not sure how you can form an opinion based on how little teams use their starters in the preseason. 

By reading reports from camp. The biggest difference between Franklin and other WRs like Coleman and Worthy is that he's not making plays in camp. I realize that a lot of guys make plays in camp and then don't perform in actual games, but not making plays in camp is a red flag. 

7 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

By reading reports from camp. The biggest difference between Franklin and other WRs like Coleman and Worthy is that he's not making plays in camp. I realize that a lot of guys make plays in camp and then don't perform in actual games, but not making plays in camp is a red flag. 

I wouldn't put much stock in any of it

Jamarr chase couldn't catch the ball his first preseason

3 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

For those of us including myself that were wanting Beane to draft this kid on day two, he is not doing much in camp for the Broncos. 

https://www.oregonlive.com/nfl/2024/08/troy-franklin-could-be-facing-a-redshirt-year-with-the-denver-broncos-in-2024.html

Maybe these GMs do know more than me....lol!!!

I wanted him too.  But as of 2024's season, MVS is probably a better pro.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

We probably hoping for Cole to do it because Rapp only lays out his teammates.  

Nah, Rapp lays out opponents too….after the play resulting in a personal foul

Edited by NewEra
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I wouldn't put much stock in any of it

Jamarr chase couldn't catch the ball his first preseason

But he looked good in camp practices. It was pretty much like it is this year with the Bills. Joe Burrow threw one pass in the 2021 preseason, and it was an incomplete to Chase. Other than that, it was Kyle Shrumer throwing the ball. But you saw the electric plays in practice. It was the main topic of conversation on Moe eggar's show that year. Franklin cannot get promoted to even the second string in camp. Not a good sign, but he may just take a bit more time. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

I acknowledged that it was only preseason. Its also not an opinion that none of them have done anything its a fact that none of them have done anything through week 3 of the preseason. Could I wait sure but the topic was brought up about Franklin and I added to the topic that its not just Franklin its pretty much all of them. No where did I say any of them are busts or one is better than the other already.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

yeah, really.  WTF is this?  

cut all the picks!!!

Gotta fire some people to set the tone…, 

(sarcasm included) 

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I acknowledged that it was only preseason. Its also not an opinion that none of them have done anything its a fact that none of them have done anything through week 3 of the preseason. Could I wait sure but the topic was brought up about Franklin and I added to the topic that its not just Franklin its pretty much all of them. No where did I say any of them are busts or one is better than the other already.

Fair enough.