Troy Franklin update

This whole saga was/is very interesting.

Wonder what it is exactly that scouts saw and is happening in Denver? Doesnt have the mental ability? Isnt dedicated enough to working on the details?

It has to be something along those lines preventing him from taking the next step u since the raw talent is there.

The whole class hasn't really done much to be honest so far in looking at it. Out of the guys we could have drafted, Worthy is having the best preseason and Mitchell caught a TD pass last night but none of the guys including Coleman have done much of anything yet.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

*Checks calendar*

Yes fully aware if preseason week 3 just stating whats going on so far. Legette, Two Bills Drive's love child, has been injured and hasn't played yet.  God forbid the guy has a big day though against the Bills cut guys or it will be pandemonium on this board after tomorrow's game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Yes fully aware if preseason week 3 just stating whats going on so far. Legette, Two Bills Drive's love child, has been injured and hasn't played yet.  God forbid the guy has a big day though against the Bills cut guys or it will be pandemonium on this board after tomorrow's game.

all good, man. I was just jokin around since that statement really stood out to me. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

The whole class hasn't really done much to be honest so far in looking at it. Out of the guys we could have drafted, Worthy is having the best preseason and Mitchell caught a TD pass last night but none of the guys including Coleman have done much of anything yet.

Brian Thomas is getting ridiculously hyped for only having one catch for 13 yards in the Jags’ last preseason game 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

They are rookies coming in unlikely to unseat established players and get the trust of their staffs week 1.
I actually think Keon has had a good camp and will be a solid starter right away hopefully progressing to more by the end of the year.

but since this thread has been started here’s annother 3 rnd pick who is taking time.

And Jets 3 rounder.

Edited by LLCoolCy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

The whole class hasn't really done much to be honest so far in looking at it. Out of the guys we could have drafted, Worthy is having the best preseason 

You’re right - and that sucks.

We are going to constantly hear about how we traded the Worthy pick to KC. That burst speed he had on the TD was just nauseating.

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This whole saga was/is very interesting.

Wonder what it is exactly that scouts saw and is happening in Denver? Doesnt have the mental ability? Isnt dedicated enough to working on the details?

It has to be something along those lines preventing him from taking the next step u since the raw talent is there.

Well I don't think its about what the scouts saw as it was more that he fell so far...so value in terms of lower risk investment with high reward potential was probably more the factor as to why they drafted him.  I mean if they saw much more in him, Broncos would have taken him sooner.  

I know when he fell out of the 2nd round word started spreading he had bombed his interviews.  I think the alleged reasons were questions about his passion or commitment to the game or something like that if memory serves me correctly.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Einstein said:

We are going to constantly hear about how we traded the Worthy pick to KC. That burst speed he had on the TD was just nauseating.

Until he gets laid out by Cole Bishop or Taylor Rapp and his season is over 😉 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

I think right now, Keon has clearly had one of the best camps of any of the WR's in the NFL thus far.  He has been short changed a bit in preseason with bad QB play, but his All-22 tape has been impressive.  

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

Legette also literally stated he wished he "studied harder" in terms of the playbook when he got to camp.  And for a guy with big question marks about being in college 5 years and doing nothing for 4 of them with one breakout season, that isn't a good way to start.  

12 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Worthy didn't have a great camp though, he was dinged up early, then struggling heavily with press coverage and he still only caught 3 of 6 passes that game.  Agreed, the speed burst there was impressive, but also keep in mind he was up against the backups on defense that were significantly slower than him on that play as well, so he should be blowing past those guys.    

I do think Worthy is in an excellent position though for him there in KC, probably the best place for him to have landed.  Not only does he have elite offensive HC and QB, but he does not have to be the man there, he will likely be at best the 4th target in the offense behind Kelce, Rice, and Hollywood (barring injuries).  They can move him around and find ways to get him off the line cleaner and use that speed.

Had he gone to a team where they needed him to be the starting X WR with hopes of him establishing himself as a true WR1 then I suspect he would have more trouble adjusting to that given his light frame and lack of strength.  His speed is elite though, which is why heading into the draft I felt like the best fits for him were in situations where he didn't have to be the primary target like he is in KC or a team like say Dallas.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Einstein said:

We are going to constantly hear about how we traded the Worthy pick to KC

Only from people who don't understand how the draft works.  It's not Brandon Beane's job to prevent other teams from selecting players they want; it's to put himself in the best position to acquire the talent he wants..

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 7

bull#### "I have to write something" article.  I don't see the big deal about getting exactly one pass thrown your way and not catching it.  

I think every WR is going to struggle in Denver.  Nix will struggle once the games count and the soft serve vanilla defenses disappear.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, eball said:

Only from people who don't understand how the draft works.  It's not Brandon Beane's job to prevent other teams from selecting players they want; it's to put himself in the best position to acquire the talent he wants..

This is correct.

HOWEVER...

Sometimes, the process of getting into position for the player the GM wants causes him to miss out on a player ANOTHER team wants, and sometimes that player is at a position that was also a need for the GM that traded the pick away.

For instance, part of the Bills' calculation for trading down and selecting Tre'Davious White was to stockpile draft picks to be able to acquire a quarterback the following year. But quarterback was ALSO a need for the Bills in 2017, and rather than maneuvering all around to stockpile picks for a future QB selection, they could've stood pat and DRAFTED Pat. Instead, in positioning themselves the way they wanted, they allowed an all time great player to go to another AFC team.

Fast forward to this year, and Beane was once again simply positioning himself to get the player he wanted. But given that the Chiefs traded into the Bills' spot to take a player AT THE SAME POSITION, and given the sting some fans still feel from the LAST time we traded with KC on draft day, you can understand why some are a bit leery of the move.

Yes, the GM's sole concern should be to do what's best for HIS team. But when a rival GM who seems to be better at roster building the past few years than our guy maneuvers into the Bills' spot and takes a player at the same position the Bills want, it should be understandable that it gives some of us a moment of pause.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

This is correct.

HOWEVER...

Sometimes, the process of getting into position for the player the GM wants causes him to miss out on a player ANOTHER team wants, and sometimes that player is at a position that was also a need for the GM that traded the pick away.

For instance, part of the Bills' calculation for trading down and selecting Tre'Davious White was to stockpile draft picks to be able to acquire a quarterback the following year. But quarterback was ALSO a need for the Bills in 2017, and rather than maneuvering all around to stockpile picks for a future QB selection, they could've stood pat and DRAFTED Pat. Instead, in positioning themselves the way they wanted, they allowed an all time great player to go to another AFC team.

Fast forward to this year, and Beane was once again simply positioning himself to get the player he wanted. But given that the Chiefs traded into the Bills' spot to take a player AT THE SAME POSITION, and given the sting some fans still feel from the LAST time we traded with KC on draft day, you can understand why some are a bit leery of the move.

Yes, the GM's sole concern should be to do what's best for HIS team. But when a rival GM who seems to be better at roster building the past few years than our guy maneuvers into the Bills' spot and takes a player at the same position the Bills want, it should be understandable that it gives some of us a moment of pause.

Sounds like a you problem.  :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, eball said:

How did Beane know the Chiefs weren't going to take Coleman

• Like (+1) 1