One site has the Jets favored to win the AFCE

5 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Not only does Rodgers have to stay healthy, already a big if,  he also has to stay interested and engaged, and I just don't think he is. 

I think his enjoyment of the game retired two seasons ago, when the Packers lost 5 in a row in 2022.  That was it.   

I agree.  I think this is the big question that all the people jumping on the Jests' bandwagon have ignored.  Rodgers flirted with running for vice president of the US.   He missed mandatory minicamp because it conflicted with his personal schedule.   He hasn't played a down in any of the pre-season games.  

If the Jets win more than 8 games I will be surprised.  A 40 year old QB with eroded skills last he played, who has now been out for a year and coming off an Achilles injury.  Ouch.  Good luck to him with those tackles.  They have a very good defense, but their offense will still struggle and their HC has proven himself to be a very ineffectual leader.  

59 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

can someone explain me what (who) makes that defense that special?

I am no expert, and I know they have two players who are most likely top 5 at their positions - Gardner and Quinnen Williams. DJ Reed is very good safety I guess. But other than that? 

Honest question. I'd like to hear why are they so good.

Their defense has talent everywhere. 

- They have 2 All-Pro’s on the d line. And their  other defensive end is a physical freak of nature - like the Josh Allen of DE’s.

- And then another 2 All-Pro in their LB core.

- To top it off they have an absolutely stacked defensive backfield with Sauce, Carter, Reed and Clark.

5 of their 11 starters are All-Pro’s.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Rodgers hasn't had a good season since 2021.  

He started showing wear in 2022 and was okay.  2023 achilles injury.

Going to be interesting for sure. If he does well it will be intolerable even with their pathetic schedule they will be crowned kings.

4 hours ago, FLFan said:

If the Jets win more than 8 games I will be surprised.  A 40 year old QB with eroded skills last he played, who has now been out for a year and coming off an Achilles injury.  Ouch.  Good luck to him with those tackles.  They have a very good defense, but their offense will still struggle and their HC has proven himself to be a very ineffectual leader.  

All depends if A rod stays healthy.

If he does, I'm guessing 10 wins.

But that's a big "If".

Good chance he gets killed behind that o line 

11 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

They to me have the best roster. If they can not be the Jets and Rodgers can play above average ball I can see it. Its still the Jets though.

The have the worst coaching in the division and it’s a toss up for the rest of the AFC. They might be better than the raiders or Pats* staff and that’s purely inexperience. 

Salah is the most overrated blowhard HC in the NFL and Nathaniel Hackett has failed up more times than Peterman. 

The Jets hype is absurd. They will shut a team out, then give up 35 points the next week. They have no identity other than talking ***** and consistently inconsistent 

• Like (+1) 2

Bills down 20-22 9 seconds at the Jets 29 yard line no time outs left. Does McDermott trot out Tyler Norwood to attempt a 47 yard field goal? Or does he run a quick pass to the boundary to pickup 7-10 yards? 

22 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

The jets are a team that the Bills have trouble beating when the jets have a terrible QB. I'm not going to try and convince myself that with Rogers, they will be just as bad or worse as they've been the last few years. If healthy the Jets are a problem. I can't argue with oddsmakers when they say something I don't  agree with. That's above my pay grade. 

Couple oline injuries (which seems expected based on that roster) and Rodgers doesn’t really provide that big of an upgrade over a bad but much more athletic qb like Zach Wilson. 

if they stay healthy up front Rodgers is a big upgrade though.  I don’t think they would’ve cracked 9 wins with Rodgers last season based on that oline situation 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Jets are in peoples heads around here.

The Bills lost to Rodgers - less Jets in opener last year and have struggled against them the past few seasons. As Bills fans we may not like it, but it’s happened. 

2 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Couple oline injuries (which seems expected based on that roster) and Rodgers doesn’t really provide that big of an upgrade over a bad but much more athletic qb like Zach Wilson. 

if they stay healthy up front Rodgers is a big upgrade though.  I don’t think they would’ve cracked 9 wins with Rodgers last season based on that oline situation 

Time will tell for sure. I'm concerned about that defense. But like every year I'm hoping the Jets do what the jets do ya know. 

On 8/23/2024 at 12:57 PM, eball said:

Where is that knucklehead, anyway?  I miss his preseason gloom and doom content.

Preseason, mid-season, postseason,  post-game, midgame, Scott was an equal opportunity dark-clouder.

Edited by Tenhigh

4 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

The Bills lost to Rodgers - less Jets in opener last year and have struggled against them the past few seasons. As Bills fans we may not like it, but it’s happened. 

They are also 4-2 against the Jets with an average margin of victory of 19 points. People make them out to be the bogey man

On 8/23/2024 at 11:13 AM, Charles Romes said:

There are major differences between 40+ Brady and 40+ Rodgers

- Oline 

- injury

- Rodgers has been hanging onto it more and more to avoid picks. Tom was the best at getting rid of it his last ten years. 

- not talked about a lot, but Tom is a good 3-4 inches taller than Rodgers and he didn’t need to move around to see the field. His height was key to his success in his last years. 

Good analysis plus Brady had a pretty quick release & could really throw into tight windows.

On 8/23/2024 at 10:51 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

Not happening...they're finishing 3rd IMO.

They have a 40 year old QB coming off of an Achilles tear, with a 33 year old Left Tackle who has only been healthy for 30 games in the last 4 years.  Tyron Smith hasn't played a full season since 2015.

Another 33 year old Right Tackle on his last legs in Morgan Moses.  

Good luck with that.

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/afc-east/

Sport books set lines by what they can get people to bet, Jets fans are delusional and will put money down just was Bills fans did during the drought.

• Disagree 1