One site has the Jets favored to win the AFCE

Is Hackett still the Jets OC? I read on this board that he is like the worst OC ever whenever he was with another team. Now people are scared of the Jets. 

I mean they do have a great roster but can Rodger’s be Rodger’s? Will he even last the season?

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Jets are no joke. As someone mentioned above, they won 7 games without a QB last year, and still had an outside shot at the playoffs until very late in the season. 

Jets are probably the non-Bills team I'm most interested in seeing early in the year. Bears are the other. 

I could see the Jets starting off not looking great on offense as Rodgers knocks the rust off, but picking up steam later in the season. 

I think Saleh is a better coach than people give him credit for. His team has been a tough out for a couple years now without anything on offense.  If their offense becomes top 10 then it is only going to help the D. 

I think they will start strong. Take a look their schedule before they play Buffalo in week 6. They have an excellent shot to be 4-1 going into the Bills game. If they can beat SF, then maybe 5-0.

at SF 

at TEN

NE

DEN

MIN (London)

BUF

2 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

this is going to be an offense ran by a geriatric qb and a moron for OC 

And a meat head for a HC.  F them

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I think they will start strong. Take a look their schedule before they play Buffalo in week 6. They have an excellent shot to be 4-1 going into the Bills game. If they can beat SF, then maybe 5-0.

at SF 

at TEN

NE

DEN

MIN (London)

BUF

I think so too... It could be that they win some games with 13-9 or 14-6 type scores until Rodgers gets up to speed.

I wouldn't underestimate the impact of optimism and hope on that team either. Last year their season basically ended 4 plays into week 1 and they still battled and gutted out 7 wins, including that game. 

If the D starts to see Rodgers look like Rodgers and starts to believe that they can do some damage then it will get very interesting. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Agree 1

The Jets have a heck of a defense. If we slip just a little on offense, which is entirely possible, they will cause problems. But it’s a long season, and the bills are also very talented. It will be a tough year.

57 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Would it satisfy your heart if I edited the title to say "16.6% of the betting sites have the Jets leaping the Bills as favorites to win the AFC E."

well then it wouldn’t be worth starting a thread about it, right?

or..you could change the title to “most betting  sites have Bills, not Jets, as AFCE favorites” if accuracy is your goal

Edited by Mr. WEO

4 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

They to me have the best roster. If they can not be the Jets and Rodgers can play above average ball I can see it. Its still the Jets though.

They have a glaring issue at OL... like very bad. They have no depth. They have a solid back 7 on D. They have a great WR. They have no threat at TE. Mike Williams has been hurt his entire career and are we really worried about Gipson? The only person I'm worried about is if Corley develops into a stud this year. That offensive line is going to give big problems to AR

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Not happening...they're finishing 3rd IMO.

They have a 40 year old QB coming off of an Achilles tear, with a 33 year old Left Tackle who has only been healthy for 30 games in the last 4 years.  Tyron Smith hasn't played a full season since 2015.

Another 33 year old Right Tackle on his last legs in Morgan Moses.  

Good luck with that.

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/afc-east/

Its crazy.  Bills should win the AFC east Breezily. 

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

• Simon changed the title to [Misleading Title]
1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Would it satisfy your heart if I edited the title to say "16.6% of the betting sites have the Jets leaping the Bills as favorites to win the AFC E."

of those listed on that vegas insider page you mean

there are a lot of sports books out there

• Royale with Cheese changed the title to One site has the Jets favored to win the AFCE

Come on already, it’s the jets after all, not happening, 

5 hours ago, Einstein said:

Fans are foolish to ignore this point. 

The Jets defense is incredible. There is not a defense in the league I would take over them - stats be damned.

If Rodgers can just be above average, they we will be a tough team to beat.

3 hours ago, todd said:

The Jets have a heck of a defense. If we slip just a little on offense, which is entirely possible, they will cause problems. But it’s a long season, and the bills are also very talented. It will be a tough year.

I won't argue with this, and I know they played very well last year, but can someone explain me what (who) makes that defense that special?

I am no expert, and I know they have two players who are most likely top 5 at their positions - Gardner and Quinnen Williams. DJ Reed is very good safety I guess. But other than that? 

Honest question. I'd like to hear why are they so good.

Not only does Rodgers have to stay healthy, already a big if,  he also has to stay interested and engaged, and I just don't think he is. 

I think his enjoyment of the game retired two seasons ago, when the Packers lost 5 in a row in 2022.  That was it.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I won't argue with this, and I know they played very well last year, but can someone explain me what (who) makes that defense that special?

I am no expert, and I know they have two players who are most likely top 5 at their positions - Gardner and Quinnen Williams. DJ Reed is very good safety I guess. But other than that? 

Honest question. I'd like to hear why are they so good.

mosley is still a very good player, super versatile green dot

quincy williams is first team allpro

sherwood can play too

they have a lot of really solid players

I'm not worried about what one site has to say. Josh and co have historically come through to win the AFC East. Even if they don't, I'm confident they will make the playoffs where anything can happen. I know. They historically have not faired well in the playoffs. Anything can happen. 

Edited by Draconator