One site has the Jets favored to win the AFCE

25 minutes ago, Realist said:

Jets probably should be favorites. They have had a great defense, Oline has been improved-not sure how much. Really all depends on Rodgers, probably just has to be average for them to win 10 games (they won 7 last year). If he is above average or better, they could win 11 maybe even 12 games.

Bills have some questions at WR and Defensive backfield. If WR room proves decent, Bills can once again win the division. Really is a tossup.

Is that you Scottlaw?

Edited by Tenhigh
  • Haha (+1) 1

Jets schedule is a joke. Pretty big advantage getting to play Steelers, Vikings and Broncos vs us playing Ravens, Lions and Chiefs. 

I still think Bills will win the division, but if I had to pick an alternative I would definitely take the Jets over Miami. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Not happening...they're finishing 3rd IMO.

They have a 40 year old QB coming off of an Achilles tear, with a 33 year old Left Tackle who has only been healthy for 30 games in the last 4 years.  Tyron Smith hasn't played a full season since 2015.

Another 33 year old Right Tackle on his last legs in Morgan Moses.  

Good luck with that.

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/afc-east/

only 1 of 6 has Jets as favorites...so, not really.

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

They did win 7 games last year without having an NFL QB on the roster. 

Fans are foolish to ignore this point. 

The Jets defense is incredible. There is not a defense in the league I would take over them - stats be damned.

If Rodgers can just be above average, they we will be a tough team to beat.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Not happening...they're finishing 3rd IMO.

They have a 40 year old QB coming off of an Achilles tear, with a 33 year old Left Tackle who has only been healthy for 30 games in the last 4 years.  Tyron Smith hasn't played a full season since 2015.

Another 33 year old Right Tackle on his last legs in Morgan Moses.  

Good luck with that.

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/afc-east/

I personally don't think Miami is a better team than the Jets.  If Rodgers stays healthy the whole season and can stay upright behind the OL, then I do think they are the top threat in our division.  So I have a hard time seeing Miami finish ahead of them personally as Miami has in back to back years, with a fully healthy Tua both times had a 2nd half season collapse.  They only have 2 wins in 2 years against teams over .500 and one was against us when we had 15 players either hurt or out for heat issues and still we almost won the game if not for 1 second of the final play clock..and the other was against another pretender in Dallas.  

Now this year Miami has been gutted in their front 7 of the defense, so this overall roster has less talent on it than the 2 previous Miami teams IMHO.  Now add in that the AFC is even more loaded right now.  You still have KC, Buf, Hou, and Balt in each of the 4 divisions...plus now you have the return of guys like Burrow, Rodgers, and Richardson as well.  Then you still have teams like Browns, Steelers, Jaguars, etc that should all contend for the playoffs themselves this season too.  

For me, I just think its more likely someone like Miami takes a step back given how they have performed the past 2 years and facing a stronger AFC with a roster that lost more than they gained this offseason.  And for that, I think the Jets are more likely to finish in the top 2 than Miami.  

• Like (+1) 1

The jets are a team that the Bills have trouble beating when the jets have a terrible QB. I'm not going to try and convince myself that with Rogers, they will be just as bad or worse as they've been the last few years. If healthy the Jets are a problem. I can't argue with oddsmakers when they say something I don't  agree with. That's above my pay grade. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, eball said:

Where is that knucklehead, anyway?  I miss his preseason gloom and doom content.

Having the self-control of a 4 year old finally got him what he so richly deserved. 0:)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Only fanduel-  every other site has us as favorite or tied

1 hour ago, Process said:

Jets schedule is a joke. Pretty big advantage getting to play Steelers, Vikings and Broncos vs us playing Ravens, Lions and Chiefs. 

I still think Bills will win the division, but if I had to pick an alternative I would definitely take the Jets over Miami. 

This is why I think we were a WC team.  Our schedule is a monster

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Simon said:

Having the self-control of a 4 year old finally got him what he so richly deserved. 0:)

Poor Scott.  

Obvious troll @Billl is next?  Guy is here for one reason and it’s not football discussion.  Brings nothing to the table

1 hour ago, Process said:

This is actually a pretty good point. But if the Bills sweep the Jets, we will finish ahead of them regardless. The bad man Zach Wilson is gone, so we'll see how it goes.

2 hours ago, Realist said:

Jets probably should be favorites. They have had a great defense, Oline has been improved-not sure how much. Really all depends on Rodgers, probably just has to be average for them to win 10 games (they won 7 last year). If he is above average or better, they could win 11 maybe even 12 games.

Bills have some questions at WR and Defensive backfield. If WR room proves decent, Bills can once again win the division. Really is a tossup.

I could see the Jets getting to 10 wins, as well as the Dolphins. I could also see them disappointing and only getting like 8 or 9 wins. We'll see.

I think the Bills will still win the division, though. I see 11 wins for the Bills. Of course, this could be the year that the Bills disappoint, and the soft reset takes its toll.

The division should be interesting. But the Bills are still the AFC East champs and the other teams have more to prove. They have to take it, and it isn't going to be easy.

• Like (+1) 1

Alot of it is going to come down to coaching to me

The Jets have alot of talent on both sides of the ball, and if Rodgers can play at a high level, then they are a problem for anyone

I do think McDermott is a better coach than Saleh, but I don't think much of that meathead so it's not a ringing endorsement for McD

Jets are no joke. As someone mentioned above, they won 7 games without a QB last year, and still had an outside shot at the playoffs until very late in the season. 

Jets are probably the non-Bills team I'm most interested in seeing early in the year. Bears are the other. 

I could see the Jets starting off not looking great on offense as Rodgers knocks the rust off, but picking up steam later in the season. 

I think Saleh is a better coach than people give him credit for. His team has been a tough out for a couple years now without anything on offense.  If their offense becomes top 10 then it is only going to help the D. In that case I think they make the Divisional round in the AFC, at a minimum. 

Rodgers on his game, a strong running game, fierce defense, that is a recipe for a very tough out in January. Biggest question mark there is Rodgers. 

Edited by TheFunPolice