One site has the Jets favored to win the AFCE

Not happening...they're finishing 3rd IMO.

They have a 40 year old QB coming off of an Achilles tear, with a 33 year old Left Tackle who has only been healthy for 30 games in the last 4 years.  Tyron Smith hasn't played a full season since 2015.

Another 33 year old Right Tackle on his last legs in Morgan Moses.  

Good luck with that.

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/afc-east/

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

They did win 7 games last year without having an NFL QB on the roster. Even if Rodgers gets hurt then they have Tyrod Taylor, and he is a nice upgrade over Zach Wilson as the backup QB. I think both Breece and G. Wilson are going to be trouble for opposing defenses especially if Rodgers can stay healthy. Plus, their defense is really good. I think we will see a three-team battle for the AFCE this year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

Only Fanduel has the Jets ahead of the Bills in the table linked in the OP. Of the other six betting places, 4 have the Bills ahead and 2 have Bills and Jets tied.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, eball said:

I like the Bills going into this season with a chip on their shoulder. 

Can we make a thread outta this like I'm quietly loving our wr also? Cause so far this team isn't looking so good lol

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2

There are major differences between 40+ Brady and 40+ Rodgers

- Oline 

- injury

- Rodgers has been hanging onto it more and more to avoid picks. Tom was the best at getting rid of it his last ten years. 

- not talked about a lot, but Tom is a good 3-4 inches taller than Rodgers and he didn’t need to move around to see the field. His height was key to his success in his last years. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

- Oline 

- injury

- Rodgers has been hanging onto it more and more to avoid picks. Tom was the best at getting rid of it his last ten years. 

- not talked about a lot, but Tom is a good 3-4 inches taller than Rodgers and he didn’t need to move around to see the field. His height was key to his success in his last years. 

Rodgers hasn't had a good season since 2021.  

He started showing wear in 2022 and was okay.  2023 achilles injury.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Jets probably should be favorites. They have had a great defense, Oline has been improved-not sure how much. Really all depends on Rodgers, probably just has to be average for them to win 10 games (they won 7 last year). If he is above average or better, they could win 11 maybe even 12 games.

Bills have some questions at WR and Defensive backfield. If WR room proves decent, Bills can once again win the division. Really is a tossup.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Jets have questions at QB and OL

Bills at WR and multiple levels of the defense but have the best QB

Miami has serious issues on defense and their two best players Tua and Hill get nicked up every year

Pats will be lucky to win four games and probably will go 0-6 in the division. 

Allen wills Bills to another division title 

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, eball said:

I’ve listened to a bunch of season preview podcasts and not one of them gives the Bills more than a passing mention, as in “The Bills will be worse”, a premise that doesn’t even require any further explanation.  I love it.

25 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

- Oline 

- injury

Great point re Brady’s size.  People forget how big he was.  Had a lot to do with his longevity.

49 minutes ago, eball said:

Agreed E- Dog.  Please keep stating we are third.  Let Josh and McD play and coach with a chip on their shoulder.  See what happens.

This isn’t the drought Bills!  This is Super Allen’s team!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1