Josh Allen’s grandfather passed

Article reports that Josh’s sister posted on Twitter / X earlier today that their mother’s father passed away.

Josh will not be attendance at Saturday’s game as he will be with family for services.

Fanrecap: Josh Allen to Miss Crucial Preseason Game After Family Tragedy

Given that when his grandmother passed a few years ago, fans donated to the Oshei Cancer Center in Buffalo, I’m sure a cause can be found in the coming days to let him and his family know that Bills Mafia stands with them.

Edited by UConn James
  • Like (+1) 6

🙏

• Like (+1) 4

Ya, it was mentioned during the last preseason game

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Ok the words crucial and preseason have never and should never be used in the same sentence...

You mean, this isn't a must win game???

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Mine is on the way out as well. Time can be so cruel 

I’m sorry Knuckles.  I know it’s hard as I lost my Dad’s parents my freshmen and senior year of college.  My mom’s mother 13 years ago.  I didn’t really know my maternal grandfather he died when I was 3.

It’s tough, but nearly as hard when I lost my mom on my 40th birthday.  I was just in Buffalo to say goodbye without saying goodbye to my Aunt and Godmother who half raised me. As their sons are my best friends.

Loss is tough and will say an our father for his grandfather.  If anyone knows his first name that always helpful in prayer.

im happy Josh code not to attend the game.  Family should always come first especially in a meaningless game.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Sorry to hear this.

What kind of headline is that, "Crucial"?!?   Maybe it is for the fringe players barely hanging on in the NFL, but for Josh Allen this game is less meaningful than a May practice session.

13 hours ago, Punching Bag said:

Ralph will welcome to front row seats with PSL cost.

Ah. Classy. A "Ralph is cheap" shot on a thread about Josh Allen's misfortune of his grandfather passing. 

Good one. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Ok the words crucial and preseason have never and should never be used in the same sentence...

No doubt. Not to mention, he was not going  to be playing in this game as it was, according to McDermott.  I hate click bait headlines...  

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’m sorry Knuckles.  I know it’s hard as I lost my Dad’s parents my freshmen and senior year of college.  My mom’s mother 13 years ago.  I didn’t really know my maternal grandfather he died when I was 3.

It’s tough, but nearly as hard when I lost my mom on my 40th birthday.  I was just in Buffalo to say goodbye without saying goodbye to my Aunt and Godmother who half raised me. As their sons are my best friends.

Loss is tough and will say an our father for his grandfather.  If anyone knows his first name that always helpful in prayer.

im happy Josh code not to attend the game.  Family should always come first especially in a meaningless game.

Vaughn Von Allman is his name.  I was able to find it.