Kansas City db’s holding

tomur67

12 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He fumbled alot at UCLA.  We'll see what happens but he is tough to bring down. 

I feel like most of the bulldozer tackle breaking guys fumble more.  Fumbles often occur when you're already wrapped up, and they're trying to keep going.  The other thing is they're usually slower and when you get tackled from behind ball security becomes more of a challenge.    

13 hours ago, tomur67 said:

In the first series against the Bears, KC DB’s got flagged 3 times for holding.  Do you think the word is out to stop KC from holding?

I'll believe it when they call it in the playoffs.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just as hulk hogan inexplicably bested Andre the Giant (despite his physical superiority)in their championship match, the NFL picks winners and storylines they like. The refs and the ever complex rule system are tools to create outcomes. I’m not saying it’s fixed but it sure is STRANGE !

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, H2o said:

KC is the new NE for the NFL. Everything is slanted towards their favor, as much as can be without being over the top obvious to the entire audience. The "sticky" coverage, the OL holding, and some other stuff that may go unnoticed here or there. Especially once the NFL had their ultimate cash cow in Taylor Swift. The full frontal assault to reel in all the Swifties was on. 

Everything slanted in their favor?

Like when Taylor was relentlessly targeted by officials after joining KC, despite never having issues in four years in Jacksonville?

Or the numerous TDs stripped off the board and turnovers negated the past few years? There were two total TDs negated by penalty last postseason...both scored by KC. 

Maybe it was the late hit call on Mahomes when he was a full two yds out of bounds in the AFCC. 

Or the fact that KC consistently falls somewhere between the most-penalized team in the NFL and middle of the pack?

3 hours ago, SaulGoodman said:

Everything slanted in their favor?

Like when Taylor was relentlessly targeted by officials after joining KC, despite never having issues in four years in Jacksonville?

Or the numerous TDs stripped off the board and turnovers negated the past few years? There were two total TDs negated by penalty last postseason...both scored by KC. 

Maybe it was the late hit call on Mahomes when he was a full two yds out of bounds in the AFCC. 

Or the fact that KC consistently falls somewhere between the most-penalized team in the NFL and middle of the pack?

We still remember the Cincy AFCCG, and the Eagles SB.

21 hours ago, Jimmy Harris 69 said:

Just as hulk hogan inexplicably bested Andre the Giant (despite his physical superiority)in their championship match, the NFL picks winners and storylines they like. The refs and the ever complex rule system are tools to create outcomes. I’m not saying it’s fixed but it sure is STRANGE !

yes you are...

do you have an idea who "the NFL" is?

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 1

On 8/23/2024 at 5:58 AM, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

The favoritism is real. People just don’t want to believe it. You have to wonder why we are 3-1 all time in the regular season, but 0-3 when it matters. 

They get favored with the calls. they get away with things big time. It is Patriot level hijinks. But they are also lucky with injures and we are not. If we were not missing so many key starters on defense last year, we would not have lost to them in the playoffs. If Tre White is around to guard Tyreek, 13 seconds may not happen. We are unlucky and you add in the calls and it's a recipe for a loss. I'd like for the Chiefs to face a serious injury bug one year. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

tell us why Jerry Jones would greenlight a script where the Chiefs win the SB every year.  

I’ll hold…

It’s the same reason that the refs decided to flag Toney for lining up Offside but didn’t flag Allen for throwing an illegal forward pass on third and 17 in the playoffs.  (I don’t know what that reason is, but I do know it’s all part of the same massive conspiracy.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

tell us why Jerry Jones would greenlight a script where the Chiefs win the SB every year.  

I’ll hold…

There are 9  billion reasons.

In 1989, Jerry Jones purchased the Dallas Cowboys from H.R. “Bum” Bright for an undisclosed amount. At the time, the team was valued at approximately $140 million. Adjusted for inflation, that would be equivalent to around $270 million in today’s dollars.

However, it’s essential to note that the Cowboys’ value has significantly increased over the years due to their success on the field, lucrative television contracts, and the NFL’s overall growth. Today, the Cowboys are estimated to be worth around $9 billion, according to Forbes.

Last year, As the owner of the Cowboys, Jones receives a significant portion of the team’s revenue, which includes:

Ticket sales: ~$150 million (avg. annual revenue)

Sponsorships: ~$50 million (avg. annual revenue)

Merchandise: ~$20 million (avg. annual revenue)

TV contracts: ~$100 million (avg. annual revenue) Total: ~$320 million (avg. annual revenue) 

Around $300 Million estimated.

Here’s the convo WEO…”So Jerry welcome to our club, it’s one of the most exclusive in the world. We even have anti trust protection from the US congress. We want a competitive, great brand of football, but sometimes decisions have to be made for the good of our product —NFL football. Go along Jerry and you will be a billionaire in a sea of stars and starlets…..whaddda ya say?”

Billionaires don’t think and act like you and me. Their plans revolve around MORE. His team not winning the SB hasn’t hurt a bit. 

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Jimmy Harris 69 said:

There are 9  billion reasons.

In 1989, Jerry Jones purchased the Dallas Cowboys from H.R. “Bum” Bright for an undisclosed amount. At the time, the team was valued at approximately $140 million. Adjusted for inflation, that would be equivalent to around $270 million in today’s dollars.

However, it’s essential to note that the Cowboys’ value has significantly increased over the years due to their success on the field, lucrative television contracts, and the NFL’s overall growth. Today, the Cowboys are estimated to be worth around $9 billion, according to Forbes.

Last year, As the owner of the Cowboys, Jones receives a significant portion of the team’s revenue, which includes:

Ticket sales: ~$150 million (avg. annual revenue)

Sponsorships: ~$50 million (avg. annual revenue)

Merchandise: ~$20 million (avg. annual revenue)

TV contracts: ~$100 million (avg. annual revenue) Total: ~$320 million (avg. annual revenue) 

Around $300 Million estimated.

Here’s the convo WEO…”So Jerry welcome to our club, it’s one of the most exclusive in the world. We even have anti trust protection from the US congress. We want a competitive, great brand of football, but sometimes decisions have to be made for the good of our product —NFL football. Go along Jerry and you will be a billionaire in a sea of stars and starlets…..whaddda ya say?”

Billionaires don’t think and act like you and me. Their plans revolve around MORE. His team not winning the SB hasn’t hurt a bit. 

Jones bought the team 35 years ago.  Who gave him that kind of welcome speech? Mrs McCaskey?

How does Jones’s team value max out by agreeing to let the Chiefs win every year.  Ditto for the otter 30 teams.  It would make sense for any of them to agree to that.  Why would nearly every owner allow 1 or 2 teams to win every year?  That’s a terrible business decision.  

How is the Chiefs winning annually a decision made “for the good of the product”?  That makes zero sense..no one wants to see that.  

Your theory is a tired one here.  It immediately falls apart after the one single question I asked you.  Jerry Jones of all people would never give people like the Hunts all  the glory—he’s the biggest glory hound in all of pro sports ownership.  

Another fatal flaw in your argument is that the league would be far less appealing if fans could see it was rigged.  The power of the NFL is that week 1 nearly every fan base feels their team will can make a deep run in the playoffs.  

you’re really not making any business sense. A SB win is what every owner would want more than anything, as a matter of pride and for the huge merchandise windfall it would bring them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Jones bought the team 35 years ago.  Who gave him that kind of welcome speech? Mrs McCaskey?

How does Jones’s team value max out by agreeing to let the Chiefs win every year.  Ditto for the otter 30 teams.  It would make sense for any of them to agree to that.  Why would nearly every owner allow 1 or 2 teams to win every year?  That’s a terrible business decision.  

How is the Chiefs winning annually a decision made “for the good of the product”?  That makes zero sense..no one wants to see that.  

Your theory is a tired one here.  It immediately falls apart after the one single question I asked you.  Jerry Jones of all people would never give people like the Hunts all  the glory—he’s the biggest glory hound in all of pro sports ownership.  

Another fatal flaw in your argument is that the league would be far less appealing if fans could see it was rigged.  The power of the NFL is that week 1 nearly every fan base feels their team will can make a deep run in the playoffs.  

you’re really not making any business sense. A SB win is what every owner would want more than anything, as a matter of pride and for the huge merchandise windfall it would bring them. 

The fatal flaw in your argument is that you think like a fan, and assume these owners think the same.  Number one, they are business people who receive a guaranteed $250 million a year and all the cashe that goes with being rich, powerful and exclusive owners of the most popular sport in America. They get richer every year, and their team is worth more WHETHER THEY WIN THE SB OR NOT. What if they didn’t truly care who won? I know it casts a real pallor on us fans. I wish I had a better news, but we are the ants at the nfl picnic.  We make sacrifices for our jobs right? What if their sacrifices are unspoken acceptance of certain realities  about the true competitive nature of their game?