Ticket purchasing advice ???

DJB

1 hour ago, Neo said:

This is solid advice.

I just bought five for Buffalo IN Miami on Thursday night.  They are club seats, so not directly comparable - but when you add the $200 per seat StubHub service fee, you get to a number that ….. well ….  MrsNeo almost dropped a glass.

I have family that loves to make the trip and we do it right when they’re coming.   But the advice from Buffalo Boy holds.

Buy ‘em and enjoy, today.

Aside:   Ask the chat AIs why the NFL allows the SubHubs and Ticketmasters of the world make their fans so angry.   Interesting responses about demographic information and its value.

Whats your take on the prices going down closer to that game? I’m flying in for it, got the travel and hotel done, looking at tickets, want to go 50 yard line to be real honest.  I haven’t been to a Bills game in a few years and want to do it right, the fees are INSANE.  I budgeted $1k for the pair, looks like I need to almost double it, which is insane because the base price of the tickets aren’t that far off, but the fees are $200+ a seat.

Edited by DCofNC

it all depends on how the Bills are doing; the importance of the game; and how the other team is doing

If it turns out that the game is for 1st place in the division, it will be a hot ticket

If the Bills are not making the playoffs, the Patriots are 3-12, and it is below zero, you can probably get in for free

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No

The only avenue that exists to my knowledge is the veteran of the game. Each game they honor a veteran on the field. That almost certainly comes with tickets. You can probably check the website to apply for it. A woman that I work with just had her 98 year-old grandfather on the field at Yankee Stadium doing something similar. 

Yeah, No.

Just curious. I moved out of state 2 years ago and of course, being local was much easier AND affordable to score tickets.

3 hours ago, Augie said:

I know a lot of people like to wait until the last minute hoping to get the best possible deal. Personally, by the time I’ve paid for airfare, a car rental and a hotel for a few nights, I like to have my tickets nailed down. For under a hundred dollars I’d just ***** them up and move on with one less thing to worry about. 

Enjoy! 

By the time the exchange rate is figured it they will pry be $500

31 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

By the time the exchange rate is figured it they will pry be $500

Click on the right thing and it turns to pesos. Gotta know the tricks. 

I got 4 tickets in section 110 row 1 for the home opener. A little under $450 bucks a piece with the absurd fees they tack on. Did I screw up by not waiting? Wanted to get them locked down. Traveling from the west coast and wanted it signed, sealed, and delivered. 

Edited by Maynard

5 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Buy them and enjoy yourself.

In two years you’ll DREAM about finding anything at these prices😉

Season tickets different story. Once a year gig with children, immediate family or friends...Go for it! 

Good wishes & good luck! 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Maynard said:

I got 4 tickets in section 110 row 1 for the home opener. A little under $450 bucks a piece with the absurd fees they tack on. Did I screw up by not waiting? Wanted to get them locked down. Traveling from the west coast and wanted it signed, sealed, and delivered. 

Living in Buffalo area, you can wait it out and be cool.

Far away as you are to be sure of your experience...well ..

I've experienced the shower scene East Coast to West for the Red Sox that I root for.

Enjoy the game you'll live 😀

Whoops GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Returntoglory said:

Yeah, No.

Just curious. I moved out of state 2 years ago and of course, being local was much easier AND affordable to score tickets.

Yeah, it’s a new day with the Bills. There was a time that was realistic. It just isn’t a thing now. Tickets are the most expensive that they’ve ever been and demand is higher than ever. That’s not hyperbole. 

If you are willing to go when the weather sucks the prices drop. If you’re willing to go if they are losing, same thing. The prices for prime opponents is through the roof. The Bills are currently one of the most expensive tickets in the NFL.

15 hours ago, Andrew Son said:

Always wait until the last minute

That has always been my strategy and I will be doing just that when I am in Seattle for the Bills game in October.

However, some have said to me that that strategy may be outdated given the rareness of paper tickets these days.

Any posters here who have had experience in Seattle recently purchasing tickets for a Seahawks game at the last minute?

2 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

That has always been my strategy and I will be doing just that when I am in Seattle for the Bills game in October.

However, some have said to me that that strategy may be outdated given the rareness of paper tickets these days.

Any posters here who have had experience in Seattle recently purchasing tickets for a Seahawks game at the last minute?

I’ve never waited until last minute out here in Seattle so can’t say. I already have my tickets for that game as well. Didn’t want to chance it. 

Cannot go wrong with either choice, but why not spend a little more and get great seats.  While your finances are none of my business, I have learned over the years you forget the cost, but never the experience.  

I would wait and monitor prices, its a December game odds are high there will be good inventory 

• Like (+1) 3

15 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, it’s a new day with the Bills. There was a time that was realistic. It just isn’t a thing now. Tickets are the most expensive that they’ve ever been and demand is higher than ever. That’s not hyperbole. 

If you are willing to go when the weather sucks the prices drop. If you’re willing to go if they are losing, same thing. The prices for prime opponents is through the roof. The Bills are currently one of the most expensive tickets in the NFL.

Thanks.

I've been to over 50 games over the years.

It's a question I've wondered about just recently.

Unfortunately,  true to form, I can't get a response from the Bills. 

Even a FU would be appreciated ;)

On 8/22/2024 at 12:59 PM, DJB said:

Hey guys

Im looking to buy 3 seats vs the Pats. On ticketmaster in Canada I’m seeing 3 seats up in the 300’s for about 94$ Canadian + tax each. They are about the same on Stub Hub as well . 

I can also get 3 seats in the 200’s corner behind the goalpost for about the same price . 

Any idea as we get closer to the game if the seat prices increase or decrease significantly ? 

Thanks in advance

3 is doable to do last minute 

I’ve bought tickets walking up to the stadium before but I would say 1 week out you could find a decent deal 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 8/22/2024 at 7:26 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

True. Even with a contender like the Bills people dump their December tickets.

hell, I picked up a single in 113 Row 5 for the Wild Card game against the Steelers for like $130 with fees - and I could have had a similar seat for cheaper if I’d waited a few more days.