How many QBs make the 53?

Trubisky getting hurt may cost another position group a player.

Do you think they go with three or just try to get through week 1 with a gimpy Trubisky? 

Normally I don't much care about the last guy on the roster, but this year that may be a critical back up safety or the local kid LB. 

I'd probably take my chances and just go with Trubisky. Even if Allen gets dinged and needs to miss a play Trubisky can still hand off with a bum knee. 

I would just trade for Malik Willis. He can probably be gotten for cheap at this point and he's certainly has more upside. I'll take a backup QB who can run over a failed first rounder any day of the week. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Do you think they go with three or just try to get through week 1 with a gimpy Trubisky? 

Normally I don't much care about the last guy on the roster, but this year that may be a critical back up safety or the local kid LB. 

I'd probably take my chances and just go with Trubisky. Even if Allen gets dinged and needs to miss a play Trubisky can still hand off with a bum knee. 

One of 4 options. We keep two and Trubisky is 2 and we suck it up for a week and sign a veteran to the PS. 

Option 2 is we keep Trubisky , make him inactive and call up the PS QB until he is healthy

Option 3. We place him on IR eligible to return and sign another QB to the 53

Option 4. We release him with man injury settlement and sign another to the 53.

I don’t see us keeping 3 regardless of his injury 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I would just trade for Malik Willis. He can probably be gotten for cheap at this point and he's certainly has more upside. I'll take a backup QB who can run over a failed first rounder any day of the week. 

what are you willing to trade for him?

5 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

One of 4 options. We keep two and Trubisky is 2 and we suck it up for a week and sign a veteran to the PS. 

Option 2 is we keep Trubisky , make him inactive and call up the PS QB until he is healthy

Excellent post. I forgot about the PS call up option. 

I'd opt for #4, but I think #2 may be what happens.

• Agree 1

Three if Trubisky is not put on IR but is expected back within a couple weeks.  If the Bills are unsure of the timing of Trubisky's return, then they may IR him and look for veteran help.  In that case there would only be two QBs on the roster and one on the PS.

18 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

As long as Mitch is relatively short term (all indications are that he is) I am all but convinced they will do option 2. DiNucci to the PS and use his elevations. The one fly in the ointment is him balling out Saturday and some team snagging him for their 53 but I think the chances of that are super low.

I'm actually surprised they haven't called Matt Barkley. He wouldn't be starting at ground zero with the playbook though with the OC change he'd need some time. And he can be your break glass in case of emergency PS option. Maybe they did before signing Brown and he said he is done. I dunno. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

The other question to ask, do you think they'll go with 2 kickers on the 53?? 😀

2.  I'm assuming Trubisky's injury is only short term, we put one of the 2 new guys (or maybe a different street FA) on Practice Squad & bring them up for a week or 2.

As for Allen, we're already eating like $30m dead cap for Diggs, so there's no way we can cut him now as he'd be a HUGE hit so he makes the roster for sure ;)

5 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Send Trubisky packing.  He is absolute trash.  Anyone who likes his game should be banned from NFL fandom.

Watch Anthony Brown on Saturday.  The kid was excellent at Oregon.  He can run, has a good arm and can make plays.  If he plays well against the Panthers, there is your backup.  

• Like (+1) 3