Commanders trade WR Jahan Dotson to the Eagles. Would you have done this move if you ran the Bills?

Logic

6 hours ago, GASabresIUFan said:

I don’t mean to pick on you, but I’m honestly sick of everyone saying we need to fix our perceived issues at WR by acquiring someone from another organization. Honestly that’s all Beane has done for most part except Davis.  Diggs, Saunders, Crowder, Brown, Beasley, Samuel, McKenzie, Sherfield Hollins, MVS, Harty etc… Sometimes it worked great (Diggs, Beasley) and sometimes it didn’t, but it’s not a sustainable team building model.   Just look at how hard it's been during this camp to get quality WR depth when you’re hiring castoffs from other organizations.  

Investing and developing our own skill players has been long overdue. It saves significant cap space and helps the team grow together. Cook, Shakir, Kincaid, and Coleman have all been drafted in the last 3 years and our team is the better for it.  Coleman is actually the 1st top 64 pick Beane has used on a WR during his tenure.I just wish Beane had drafted a 2nd WR in this past draft.  

More to the point, it's time to give Shakir his shot at being the top WR threat.  His numbers last year, his first year really utilized in the offense, is very reminiscent of Diggs’s rookie season, except Shakir caught everything thrown his way and was more explosive.

Shakir 39/45 611 15.7 2TDs 86.7% Success% 73.3%

Diggs  52/84 720 13.8 4TDs 61.9% Success% 46.6%

We don’t need Aiyuk, or Dotson or ________ .  We need to continue the draft and develop path.  I look at GB and love what they are building with Love at QB.  In 2022 & 2023 they drafted 4 WRs and 2 TEs; some with premium picks and some with middle round picks, but all given an opportunity and all are contributing. It past time we did the same and Cook, Shakir, Coleman and Kincaid are a very good start, but they are not enough.

I'd agree if we had actually drafted many WRs.  They invested a 4th in Gabe Davis and seem to have gotten lucky with Shakir in the 5th. 

Certainly need to give Coleman time, but I'd rather ease him in than throw him to the wolves year 1 with so much riding on his ability to quickly take on the NFL game.

Besides Diggs, the Bills have largely chosen for the most part to target bargain or mid-value WRs in FA. It would be nice to see them give Allen another weapon, but it's probably not happening. It's just not in McBeane's DNA.