Commanders trade WR Jahan Dotson to the Eagles. Would you have done this move if you ran the Bills?

Logic

Just now, GunnerBill said:

At the right price, possibly. But he is another Curtis Samuel IMO. He really belongs in the slot but can play some outside. He was massively overdrafted but nobody wanted to hear it.

Would you have paid the price the Eagles just paid? A 3rd and two 7ths for Dotson and a 5th?

Personally, I feel as though it would've been a good trade for the Bills, given the extra 2nd they have in hand next year.

One could argue that perhaps his skills would be redundant, with similarities to Samuel and with Shakir seemingly having the slot locked up. Still...He's a talented guy who could benefit from a change of scenery.

• Agree 2

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Trading within the division must be a sign the Commanders aren't too high on him.

Yeah he fell out of favor with the new coaching staff over the Summer.

Some beat writers were swearing up and down that he was the locked in WR3, and he DID have 100% route participation with Jayden Daniels in preseason, spending a decent amount of time inside.

Nevertheless, they clearly didn't think too highly of him to be willing to flip him to a division rival. This should open things up for Luke McCaffrey, their third round pick, to possibly claim the slot job.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Would you have paid the price the Eagles just paid? A 3rd and two 7ths for Dotson and a 5th?

Personally, I feel as though it would've been a good trade for the Bills, given the extra 2nd they have in hand next year.

One could argue that perhaps his skills would be redundant, with similarities to Samuel and with Shakir seemingly having the slot locked up. Still...He's a talented guy who could benefit from a change of scenery.

No, I'm not sure I would. An early day 3 pick not a day 2 one is where I'd have put the value. A 4th and a 6th or something.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

At the right price, possibly. But he is another Curtis Samuel IMO. He really belongs in the slot but can play some outside. He was massively overdrafted but nobody wanted to hear it.

Yeah, an in-division trade tells me that the Commanders believe he is a bust.

• Like (+1) 1

I absolutely would have been in on that trade. It's crazy to me how little urgency we are showing at the WR position. The Eagles have a top 3 WR duo and they're willing to make this trade with their division rival. I really don't get it.

Maybe the plan is to wait until the trade deadline and see if there's a legit #1 or #2 WR getting shipped out. Hopefully that's the plan.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I absolutely would have been in on that trade. It's crazy to me how little urgency we are showing at the WR position. The Eagles have a top 3 WR duo and they're willing to make this trade with their division rival. I really don't get it.

Maybe the plan is to wait until the trade deadline and see if there's a legit #1 or #2 WR getting shipped out. Hopefully that's the plan.

Jeudy and Dotson were both guys I would've made moves for.

Marvin Mims -- who was a 2nd round pick just last year and seems to have fallen somewhat out of favor with Sean Payton's staff -- would be another.

I have the sneaking suspicion they won't be trading for a WR, but like you, I certainly wish they would.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

They might not be showing the urgency because much like the Edmonds leaving situation when everybody outside the building was panicking, they had a plan and felt good about it.

Now of course it doesn’t mean they’ll be correct again this time, but may explain the lack of urgency.

• Like (+1) 1