McDermott: "MVS & Samuel good chance of Week 1 return"

HappyDays

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

McDermott is conservative by nature and I think he wouldn't have said unless he was pretty certain.

Maybe somebody spiked the milk in his raisin bran this morning.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Great news, especially on Samuel. The turf toe must not be too serious.

Looks like MVS is a shoe in to make the team then. Many seemed to think he was on the outside looking in. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

47 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That would probably push Hamlin out of the #1 spot.

Edwards and Rapp start at safety.  Cole Bishop plays the nickel linebacker spot like Jordan Poyer did last year on passing downs.

Just a guess.

Depends on how much full go practice time Edwards gets in before week 1.  If its very little, then I can see them still going with Hamlin, at least to start on week 1.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, Roundybout said:

So I’m not thrilled with having a safety with very little training camp practice, but I’m glad to have someone besides Cam Lewis back there.

The guy has played 75 NFL games including 28 starters. I know he is just learning our scheme, but it can't be that different than what he's played before.

Edited by GASabresIUFan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

The guy has played 75 NFL games including 28 starters. I know he is just learning our scheme, but it can't be that different than he's run before.

But Hamlin has three years learning what McD wants him to do.  I think it will be Hamlin.  I hope it is Edwards.  

Edited by Shaw66
  • Like (+1) 3

43 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

The guy has played 75 NFL games including 28 starters. I know he is just learning our scheme, but it can't be that different than he's run before.

It’s more the conditioning for me than it is the scheme

6 hours ago, Gregg said:

First things first. Get the win week 1. It's always good to start off 1-0. Last year especially the way they lost to the Jets week 1 was extremely frustrating.

Oh agreed- I take no team for granted and if they are 100 percent cleared, then play them.

But there is also no point rushing those guys back from injury if it has the potential to linger on and compromises them for the week 2 miami game

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That would probably push Hamlin out of the #1 spot.

Edwards and Rapp start at safety.  Cole Bishop plays the nickel linebacker spot like Jordan Poyer did last year on passing downs.

Just a guess.

No one plays nickel run linebacker like Jordan Poyer.  There was a game where they did a stunt and he replaced DT vs OL man. The man looked at him with look "what do you think you are doing? and then Poyer pushed him into backfield.  I liked the player since he came to Bills came but I cannot cheer for him as long he has a Phish smellt.

• Like (+1) 2

IMO the injuries haven’t been catastrophic this preseason. Most are short term. Even the biceps tear from Milano… if they get him back down the stretch that would be dynamite…. It’s biceps— not something that will linger… like knees or other variety of injuries…

The roster is not a MASH unit.  Let’s hope it stays that way…

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, bills742 said:

We were all freaking out about potentially nothing, haha. I get it though, Samuel's injury could linger and reappear.

Does he need that toe?

asking for a friend…, 

Dark humor included in this post, 😁🍸🚬