McDermott: "MVS & Samuel good chance of Week 1 return"

HappyDays

4 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Good news.

I would definitely error on the side of caution though.

If they can play, fantastic.

But need those guys, especially Samuel, on a short week against Miami

First things first. Get the win week 1. It's always good to start off 1-0. Last year especially the way they lost to the Jets week 1 was extremely frustrating.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

21 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Good news.

I would definitely error on the side of caution though.

If they can play, fantastic.

But need those guys, especially Samuel, on a short week against Miami

Agreed.

Id rather he wait until Miami.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

If players are cleared, they have to play. This offense is going to need to be full strength every week. There can't be any slip ups like Denver and Pats this year. 

You know there will be. It’s this team’s signature. 9-6 to Jax a couple years ago still irritating. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I literally said this is another thread. Everyone started freaking out about week to week and I was like uh guys there is literally 3 weeks to the regular season. 

The vast majority of these guys will be back opening day and if not def by the Thurs night game 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Having or not having MVS really shouldn't be a determining factor on whether or not we win any games. I'm surprised that they basically confirmed he's making the team. 

Samuel being healthy to play is big though. He's had his best career years with Brady, so I'm cautiously optimistic he could do very well here. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4

6 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I literally said this is another thread. Everyone started freaking out about week to week and I was like uh guys there is literally 3 weeks to the regular season. 

The vast majority of these guys will be back opening day and if not def by the Thurs night game 

People are freaking out because severe cases of turf toe can take months to heal and could've hampered him the entire season.  I hadn’t seen anything specific regarding the severity.  With our recent rash of injuries and ptsd always looming, I was one of those freaking out over this injury.  The last thing this O needs is to lose our fastest WR.  Until I see the kid play well, I’ll be a bit worried. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The Bills are a better team than the Cardinals, but the Cardinals are improving and Gannon looks like a decent coach.  I'm not a fan of Kyler Murray, but he can run around and make plays, so he's dangerous any given week.  They cannot be taken lightly, and Miami in Week 2 notwithstanding, the Bills need to win the opener, so if these guys are borderline ready, they'll probably go.

In full disclosure, I have a personal interest in this too, as I'm flying across the country to be at the opener and just dropped some serious coin on tickets.  I NEED to see a win!  Failure is not an option.

• Like (+1) 2