Players that we might trade instead of release at cutdown

2 hours ago, DapperCam said:

I would trade 2 first round picks and McDermott to the Chiefs for Reid.

Yeah, but if I went true value, then I’d really get blown up…..miserable, negative, not a real fan …… you know the drill🤷‍♂️

10 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Ka’iir Elam to Pittsburgh, for Kyle Allen and a pick.  For all the injuries we’ve had, thinking the CB room is one where someone solid will need to be released unless there’s a trade.  And this helps to bolster our backup QB situation.

Kyle Allen? Heeeeelll no. I do t want that dude back on the team. He is just as bad as Trubisky.

Players worth trading without regrets are, Knox, Cook, Morris, Espenesa, Morrow.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

Many years at cutdown time, Beane has been able to trade players that might not make the team for late round draft picks, instead of losing them for nothing

The recent rash of Injuries notwithstanding, it's always an interesting exercise to think about who might be candidates for outbound trades before Tuesday's cutdown

At least going into training camp, the feeling was that this was a deep talented team, with a ton of rookies that we want to keep and develop, and decent vendor depth to also battle for spots.  As I mentioned, injuries have certainly impacted this discussion, but I still think there's a good amount of candidates, especially in the position groups that haven't been hit has hard so far

I don’t understand what the number of vendors has to do with the roster.  Just like most people, if I want a beer, I don’t want to have to wait for a vendor to get thru the adjacent seat section, but I don’t see how that affects the team.

13 minutes ago, Cubanmist said:

Kyle Allen? Heeeeelll no. I do t want that dude back on the team. He is just as bad as Trubisky.

Players worth trading without regrets are, Knox, Cook, Morris, Espenesa, Morrow.

You’re gonna get a bag of beans if you tried trading Morrow or Morris.  They’d be silly to trade one of their two starting-level RBs, it’s a long season and they’re going to need more than one guy.  And it wouldn’t make any sense to trade Epenesa when they just resigned the guy in the offseason and he’s in the prime of his career.

2 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

You’re gonna get a bag of beans if you tried trading Morrow or Morris.  They’d be silly to trade one of their two starting-level RBs, it’s a long season and they’re going to need more than one guy.  And it wouldn’t make any sense to trade Epenesa when they just resigned the guy in the offseason and he’s in the prime of his career.

Magic Beans? Rob the Giant castle for goose laying golden eggs to pay new demands of players.

2 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

I don’t understand what the number of vendors has to do with the roster.  Just like most people, if I want a beer, I don’t want to have to wait for a vendor to get thru the adjacent seat section, but I don’t see how that affects the team.

More vendors equals more money for teams allowing for more cash flow to pay players in advance so they can hold out and make more.