Tua Throwing Bombs With His Mouth!

WotAGuy

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

When I first heard McDaniels talk, I thought the Dolphins were going to be a disaster being lead by this bizarre idiot savant BUT i have to admit, thus far, I have been proven wrong.  Maybe the McDaniels luck/ magic will finally run out this year and I also think Tua has reached his ceiling.  The only way the Dolphins can beat the Josh Allen Bills is by having the game in Miami under intolerable conditions with no shade for the Bills.

To McDaniels credit, I think he did an amazing job with Tua and that he’s getting the most out his QB.  

Of course, having Tyreek Hill and Jalen Waddle helps - but he designed an offense around Tua’s strength that hides what he doesn’t do well.  

I think as a head coach, MM will often get too much praise.  But as a play caller, he’s very good

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

I don't know but also seems like it is a generational thing. Need to know who your audience is and how to approach each individual. Old school methods of yesteryear just not going to fly today. 

Flores is 43, McDaniel 41.....same "school"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Flores is 43, McDaniel 41.....same "school"

Not so much the coaches but the younger players. From my personal experience dealing with the young people today lot more kid glove handling required from my managerial experiences.

McDaniels was able to navigate around it and it appears he is more of a people person than Flores was.

Edited by billieve420

46 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Flores is from the old school Parcells way of coaching. Just acknowledging that was wrong is enough for me. Sometimes you gotta give people the benefit of the doubt. I don’t think he owes Tua an apology. Nor do I think Tua is wrong for airing this out like some people do. It’s an experience that both can learn from and move forward. 

If Flores was as verbally abusive and toxic as Tua alleges, I’m pretty sure he should have apologized.  

Also he never directly admitted he was wrong.   You could interpret this quote different ways including your interpretation which was that he admitted he was wrong without actually saying it.   To me, it sounds like he’s trying to come as well as he can without admitting wrong doing.

“Look, I’m human. So that hit me in a way that I wouldn’t say was positive for me,” Flores told reporters Tuesday.

“At the same time, I’ve got to use that and say ‘Hey, how can I grow from that? How can I be better?’

“Do I feel like that’s me? No. But how can I grow from that situation and create a world where that’s not the case that anyone says about Brian Flores?”

Again, it speaks to the strength of his statement though I’m not sure if it was genuine sentiment as much as it was smart PR.  

Also Brian Flores never crossed paths or worked with Bill Parcels.

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Remember when Josh got screamed at on the sidelines by Daboll? The next week he threw for 219 and 2TDs and finished the season 7-4 with a 17-3 TD to INT ratio. Some guys can handle it and some can’t 

And Josh and Coach Diabolical became best friends which would call each other with ideas in middle of night.

36 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

If Flores was as verbally abusive and toxic as Tua alleges, I’m pretty sure he should have apologized.  

Also he never directly admitted he was wrong.   You could interpret this quote different ways including your interpretation which was that he admitted he was wrong without actually saying it.   To me, it sounds like he’s trying to come as well as he can without admitting wrong doing.

“Look, I’m human. So that hit me in a way that I wouldn’t say was positive for me,” Flores told reporters Tuesday.

“At the same time, I’ve got to use that and say ‘Hey, how can I grow from that? How can I be better?’

“Do I feel like that’s me? No. But how can I grow from that situation and create a world where that’s not the case that anyone says about Brian Flores?”

Again, it speaks to the strength of his statement though I’m not sure if it was genuine sentiment as much as it was smart PR.  

Also Brian Flores never crossed paths or worked with Bill Parcels.

Aristotle never crossed paths with Socrates. Doug Pedersen never crossed paths with Bill Walsh. It doesn’t mean their philosophies wasn’t a direct influenced by the former.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billieve420 said:

Not so much the coaches but the younger players. From my personal experience dealing with the young people today lot more kid glove handling required from my managerial experiences.

McDaniels was able to navigate around it and it appears he is more of a people person than Flores was.

I think it’s that McDaniels just isn’t an a-hole

• Like (+1) 1

This thread is pretty amazing. There’s no real “story” here other than a new age player responding poorly to an old school coach. Tua still hasn’t done crap in this league (i.e., win a big game or playoff game); he puts up gaudy numbers in a video game offense that works well until December.

Flores got railroaded and Tua got a nerdy rah-rah coach to make him feel special. If McDaniel ever yelled at a player they’d probably look at him like he had a third eye. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, eball said:

If McDaniel ever yelled at a player they’d probably look at him like he had a third eye. 

Just like 5th Grade, they’d kick his ass and laugh at him. 🤣

Edited by WotAGuy
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I understand what Tua is saying and I would not want a coach like that.

But we know some players respond to that and we know many coaches can be successful.  

I think the issue is you need to know what works with each player. It seems Tua is psychologically fragile whereas a guy like Tom Brady can handle that coaching even as a young player.  

In the end these guys are pro athletes.  if they need motivation from a coach it's already a problem. They need a coach to put them in a position to succeed and to teach not to motivate. 

I'm not so sure about that. He played for Nick Saban who we all know can be pretty rough at times. 

This video is GREAT imo.....

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Yes it's amazing what going from a defensive HC to an offensive one can do for a QB

Do defensive coaches always treat their starting QBs badly? Is that the takeaway?

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

Do defensive coaches always treat their starting QBs badly? Is that the takeaway?

Aren't you the guy in the other thread lecturing people on elevating the discourse? And this is the best you got ?😂😂foh

It wasn't just Tua, Flores had trouble getting along with a lot of people in the Dolphins organization.  He had issues with the GM and with the owner.  He had 3 OCs, 3 OL and 3 QB coaches in 3 seasons.  He had two coaches step down/ fired 4 months after being hired. His inability to get along with people was the official reason he was fired.

Edited by Billy Claude
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Aren't you the guy in the other thread lecturing people on elevating the discourse? And this is the best you got ?😂😂foh

I haven't talked about elevating the discourse. Not sure what you mean there.

Tua is complaining about his coach being mean to him, and I am wondering what that has to do with being a defensive coach. It's an honest question. Is that more common for defensive coaches?

Edited by MJS
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Did Flories discrimination lawsuit get tossed, or what ever happened there?

You may have gotten more search hits if you used correct spelling of his name: Brian Flores although even some "publications" spelled it wrong.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/arbitration-issue-from-brian-flores-case-lands-in-federal-appeals-process

Arbitration issue from Brian Flores case lands in federal appeals process

15 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

It wasn't just Tua, Flores had trouble getting along with a lot of people in the Dolphins organization.  He had issues with the GM and with the owner.  He had 3 OCs, 3 OL and 3 QB coaches in 3 seasons.  He had two coaches step down/ fired 4 months after being hired. His inability to get along with people was the official reason he was fired.

And GM Chris Grier is black.