Tua Throwing Bombs With His Mouth!

WotAGuy

4 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

All I could think of when he was saying that was Belicheck talking about nobody was above criticism, including Golden Boy Brady. Tua may need to toughen up a bit in order to win some big games in December 

Peyton has also come out in the last day or so and talked about how QBs need to be coached hard, and the best ones respond to hard coaching.

Not surprised lil Tua got his feelings hurt.

• Like (+1) 1

“Brian Flores went 19-14 his last 2 seasons. The Dolphins fired him, hired McDaniel, acquired Hill, Armstead, Mostert, Chubb, and Ramsey and have proceeded to go *checks notes* 20-16 (including playoffs) his first 2 seasons with a 3-9 record from week 14 on.”

I wasn’t then, nor am I now any kind of Flores fan, I don’t think he’s HC material, but I also don’t believe this nerd with the homemade T-shirts is HC material, possibly a very good coordinator and that’s ok.

Edited by julian
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, julian said:

“Brian Flores went 19-14 his last 2 seasons. The Dolphins fired him, hired McDaniel, acquired Hill, Armstead, Mostert, Chubb, and Ramsey and have proceeded to go *checks notes* 20-16 (including playoffs) his first 2 seasons with a 3-9 record from week 14 on.”

I wasn’t then, now am I now any kind of Flores fan, I don’t think he’s HC material, but I also don’t believe this nerd with the homemade T-shirts is HC material, possibly a very good coordinator and that’s ok.

He isn't a nerd anymore!

• Haha (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, julian said:

I wasn’t then, now am I now any kind of Flores fan, I don’t think he’s HC material, but I also don’t believe this nerd with the homemade T-shirts is HC material, possibly a very good coordinator and that’s ok.

When I first heard McDaniels talk, I thought the Dolphins were going to be a disaster being lead by this bizarre idiot savant BUT i have to admit, thus far, I have been proven wrong.  Maybe the McDaniels luck/ magic will finally run out this year and I also think Tua has reached his ceiling.  The only way the Dolphins can beat the Josh Allen Bills is by having the game in Miami under intolerable conditions with no shade for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Pokebball said:

He isn't a nerd anymore!

I would not be surprised about a slander lawsuit.

27 minutes ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

Flores is the typical Belichick assistant who becomes a HC.  They think they're a lot better than they are.

They discover it is a lot harder when you cannot cheat at will.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Who would win in a fight?  I think Flores handles Tua pretty easily.

Tua has that mma training so he knew how to fall. So I wouldn't sleep on tua 

3 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Flores or McDaniels? 😇

I'm going Flores

1 hour ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

Flores is the typical Belichick assistant who becomes a HC.  They think they're a lot better than they are.

Flores actually had more success than most 

Weiss, McDaniels, and Mangini all got two chances to be head coaches and sucked

Flores only one chance and got fired with a winning record.

What is the difference between those four people? One is not like the others....

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

If you read the whole Outkick article by former Dolphins beat reporter Armando Salguero, Flores wasn’t the only one who questioned Tua. Even his own owner tried moving on from the player he drafted 2 seasons earlier.  

https://www.outkick.com/sports/brian-flores-responds-tua-tagovailoa-calling-him-terrible-person

But let me be clear: Flores wasn't alone in his doubts about Tagovailoa in those days. Multiple players on the team back in 2020 and 2021 told me they weren't sure they could ever win with Tagovailoa. They mocked him among themselves.

Around the same time, club owner Stephen Ross was meeting and communicating with Tom Brady about going to Miami. It happened multiple times when Brady was with the Patriots and then again with the Buccaneers.

So while I don’t dispute what Tua said about Flores brash communication style  (which previously had been reported by Armando), he was far from the only one in Miami Gardens to question Tua.

Also it makes you wonder whether the whole “Flores was toxic” thing is a false narrative orchestrated in hindsight.  For example I remember after 2020, Flores ranked highly among players for most sought after head coaches.  Rumors were that DeShaun Watson wanted to play for him.   He seemed to be almost like Mike Tomlin - a gruff hardass coach that players respected.   When he was fired, many in the media were outraged.  Some (including Flores) claiming his firing was a result of discrimination.  

Again, I don’t think Tua is going to take shots at Flores just to make him look bad.  I do wonder if his perspective and recollections are as extreme as he is depicting.  

17 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Flores’ response to this was impressive. He acknowledged that there’s personal growth that’s needed and didn’t attack Tua at all. It takes a mature person to do that. 

It seems like a very well crafted response.  There’s one thing that missing though - at no time did he apologize to Tua.  That leads me to believe there is still bad blood and the positive things he said about him at the onset were performative 

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Who would win in a fight?  I think Flores handles Tua pretty easily.

Well of course, Tua only weighs 127lbs…. 

10 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

I don't know but also seems like it is a generational thing. Need to know who your audience is and how to approach each individual. Old school methods of yesteryear just not going to fly today. 

It will only be a few more years before we end this brutality of tackling in football too.   We can then finally reach pinnacle of enlightened society and rebrand the league to the National Flag Football League.  It's how the sport was truly meant to be played.  

6 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

It seems like a very well crafted response.  There’s one thing that missing though - at no time did he apologize to Tua.  That leads me to believe there is still bad blood and the positive things he said about him at the onset were performative 

Flores is from the old school Parcells way of coaching. Just acknowledging that was wrong is enough for me. Sometimes you gotta give people the benefit of the doubt. I don’t think he owes Tua an apology. Nor do I think Tua is wrong for airing this out like some people do. It’s an experience that both can learn from and move forward. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Lost said:

It will only be a few more years before we end this brutality of tackling in football too.   We can then finally reach pinnacle of enlightened society and rebrand the league to the National Flag Football League.  It's how the sport was truly meant to be played.  

Wouldn't be surprised but on the flip side money talks and despite what everyone says people will always look to that first and foremost.

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

When I first heard McDaniels talk, I thought the Dolphins were going to be a disaster being lead by this bizarre idiot savant BUT i have to admit, thus far, I have been proven wrong.  Maybe the McDaniels luck/ magic will finally run out this year and I also think Tua has reached his ceiling.  The only way the Dolphins can beat the Josh Allen Bills is by having the game in Miami under intolerable conditions with no shade for the Bills.

For the playoffs they will need to play at home or in a dome/warm weather city. We all know noodle arm can't throw it well in the cold. When you look at the AFC you have the rest of the AFCE, the entire AFCN, as well as KC and DEN where cold weather with potential snow can be an issue.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Peyton has also come out in the last day or so and talked about how QBs need to be coached hard, and the best ones respond to hard coaching.

Not surprised lil Tua got his feelings hurt.

Remember when Josh got screamed at on the sidelines by Daboll? The next week he threw for 219 and 2TDs and finished the season 7-4 with a 17-3 TD to INT ratio. Some guys can handle it and some can’t 

• Like (+1) 1