Our offense is better in 2024 if 2 guys take a step forward

Khalil Shakir & Dalton Kincaid 

I can't believe the attitude around here. 

giphy.gif

This is unreal. OL is same minus Morse plus McGovern at Center and Edwards at Guard. Possibly a downgrade at Center but I actually think Edwards is a better Guard.

RB upgrade by a lot. Ty Johnson for the full year at RB3. Ray Davis upgrade over Murray. Cook... let's just hope he fixed his hands.

WRs... well... what do we say? Diggs was All Pro 1st half last season but Houdini in the 2nd half. Gabe was just not very good... in fact I think he was largely responsible for our passing woes and multiple turnovers. Sherfield & Harty... really???

It might not even be Coleman who upgrades over Davis. It might be Hollins. But then one of those 2 has to upgrade on Sherf... oh yeah... there's still Curtis Samuel. Turf toe sounds like it's just been there for him and he's already played with it.

Sounds like Shakir is ready to explode. Anyone like me planning on grabbing him in fantasy? 

Last we have Kincaid. It's weirdly the most talked about yet most underrated aspect of the 2024 Bills. Everyone believes he's about to get 100+ targets at least, right?

Well... if we think Chiefs formula, how do you prefer MVS, JuJu, Pacheco, CEH, & Kelce over Shakir, Samuel, Cook, Davis & Kincaid? That's without Coleman & Hollins, obviously.

That was the crew Mahomes won league MVP with while putting up gaudy numbers after losing Tyreek Hill.

I'm sorry. Lots of questions this year. But I'm more excited about this season with the "good vibes" than is apparently reasonable. Injuries suck, but they're happening early. And every team gets them

• Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 12
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

The only answer is Josh Allen.  I’m not saying it’s fair, but it’s true.  Take a look at the WR roster.  The Bills are clearly counting on Josh to elevate the talent rather than the other around.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

giphy.gif

This is unreal. OL is same minus Morse plus McGovern at Center and Edwards at Guard. Possibly a downgrade at Center but I actually think Edwards is a better Guard.

RB upgrade by a lot. Ty Johnson for the full year at RB3. Ray Davis upgrade over Murray. Cook... let's just hope he fixed his hands.

WRs... well... what do we say? Diggs was All Pro 1st half last season but Houdini in the 2nd half. Gabe was just not very good... in fact I think he was largely responsible for our passing woes and multiple turnovers. Sherfield & Harty... really???

It might not even be Coleman who upgrades over Davis. It might be Hollins. But then one of those 2 has to upgrade on Sherf... oh yeah... there's still Curtis Samuel. Turf toe sounds like it's just been there for him and he's already played with it.

Sounds like Shakir is ready to explode. Anyone like me planning on grabbing him in fantasy? 

Last we have Kincaid. It's weirdly the most talked about yet most underrated aspect of the 2024 Bills. Everyone believes he's about to get 100+ targets at least, right?

Well... if we think Chiefs formula, how do you prefer MVS, JuJu, Pacheco, CEH, & Kelce over Shakir, Samuel, Cook, Davis & Kincaid? That's without Coleman & Hollins, obviously.

That was the crew Mahomes won league MVP with while putting up gaudy numbers after losing Tyreek Hill.

I'm sorry. Lots of questions this year. But I'm more excited about this season with the "good vibes" than is apparently reasonable. Injuries suck, but they're happening early. And every team gets them

Those were my thoughts in recent weeks.  I will be looking to draft Shakir in every league.  Kincaid is my guy and think he’ll be an elite superstar

my optimism took a slight hit with the news of Samuels turf toe (and a super slight hit) with the MVS injury.  Turf toe can be a terrible injury for WRs that lingers.  He’s the best speed option we have.  MVS is the next best speed option (and maybe our best) speed option on the outside.  What scares me most is that we have these injuries so early in the season without even playing a real game.  Our recent injury history has given me ptsd and I’m worried that it’s about to happen again.  

I still think we can be a very good offense, but now, more than ever, we need a great play caller.  I also think the run game will need to be efficient and likely the catalyst for the pass games success.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I see alot of teams stacking the box against us and needing to be able to run against a full box to be successful. We have zero receiving threats at this point unless you want to count Shakir in the slot (which is a borderline 'threat'). I think Kincaid can do some damage, but he isn't a speed guy. The safeties and CBs will be pressing coverage and playing the run. 

Josh will need to check down and put together 10-15 play drives with nominal threats downfield. 

I think it will take Brady being able to gameplan like he's a top 5 OC in the league and keeping opponents on their heels for 18 weeks plus playoffs. 

If Brady and Josh can do that, they'll be in the talks for MVP and coach of the year. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Dislike 2

40 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

I see alot of teams stacking the box against us and needing to be able to run against a full box to be successful. We have zero receiving threats at this point unless you want to count Shakir in the slot (which is a borderline 'threat'). I think Kincaid can do some damage, but he isn't a speed guy. The safeties and CBs will be pressing coverage and playing the run. 

Josh will need to check down and put together 10-15 play drives with nominal threats downfield. 

I think it will take Brady being able to gameplan like he's a top 5 OC in the league and keeping opponents on their heels for 18 weeks plus playoffs. 

If Brady and Josh can do that, they'll be in the talks for MVP and coach of the year. 

I agree with you 100%. It’s how I would play Allen with this receiving core. It’s what teams did with Mahomes too. 

but I do think Allen could win the mvp with much less numbers than he is accustomed to because he will get so much credit with the surrounding pieces around him. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

Agreed-  

I'm not worried about the offense, even though Morse is a huge loss. We're going to score a lot of points. Kincaid and Shakir will explode. Coleman looks legit.  Our RB situation improved. And Allen should hit his pinnacle this year. 

But ... D. Poyer, Hyde, White and now Milano (again) and question marks around Von Miller. Too many losses on defense to not take a hit, at least in the first half of the season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

I'm not worried about the offense, even though Morse is a huge loss. We're going to score a lot of points. Kincaid and Shakir will explode. Coleman looks legit.  Our RB situation improved. And Allen should hit his pinnacle this year. 

But ... D. Poyer, Hyde, White and now Milano (again) and question marks around Von Miller. Too many losses on defense to not take a hit, at least in the first half of the season. 

I agree with a lot of that, but the "Coleman is legit" narrative doesn't have much going for it yet.

I want him to be great.  He has one of the best personalities you can have in a WR. He has every opportunity right now to come out the gate as a major contributor, but we haven't seen it in the preseason and there hasn't been a ton of practice buzz either.

Fingers crossed though. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

With Poyer and Hyde it will be losing their experience back there that will hurt. But they were starting to lose a step as far as their play goes. Maybe the Bills could have gotten another year out of them but cutting ties with them when they did was probably a smart move. I would rather move on from a player while they still have some value versus keeping them when their skills have declined to the point where they are hurting the team. Tre is coming off 2 ACL's. The Bills are fine at corner and White hasn't been a key part of this defense for some time because of those injuries. Losing Milano hurts. No way to sugar coat that loss. With Von we have to wait and see. He is not in his prime anymore but hopefully he can stay healthy and give the Bills a productive season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

If you remain silent and listen reallllly closely, you can hear it.

Quiet.

QUIET! 

Quieter still!!!

Shhhhhh. LISTEN.

Hear it?

Yep. That's the sounds of our offense quietly getting better.

GIF by Soul Train

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I feel like people think we are going to back to drought offenses we had because of our wr situation. I dont see people stacking the box and daring us to throw more than they did previously. We have Josh Allen (obviously) at Qb, he is known for being able to extend plays which would make it hard for any db to cover one on one when he does.

Also, they load the box, it is prime to set up play action which Josh has been one of the best at iirc

Edit: to add, I think the real key is Brady and his ability to scheme. We have pieces to be effective, the question is can he use them appropriately. That is my concern with the offense

Edited by Bray Wyatt
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, JohnNord said:

The only answer is Josh Allen.  I’m not saying it’s fair, but it’s true.  Take a look at the WR roster.  The Bills are clearly counting on Josh to elevate the talent rather than the other around.  

So Shakir out playing Diggs for the last half of the season is a jag in your eyes, and Kincaid is a jag in your eyes, Knox with seven post season TDs compared to Diggs two post season TDs. Yeah he sucks too…, 

It will be a combination of Josh being his great QB self and our receivers who as well will out perform many folks here’s expectations. 

Get a grip people …

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I agree with you 100%. It’s how I would play Allen with this receiving core. It’s what teams did with Mahomes too. 

but I do think Allen could win the mvp with much less numbers than he is accustomed to because he will get so much credit with the surrounding pieces around him. 

Bicuit and Quint (guys I like and respect), the real issue last year was Allen getting hamstringed by not being allowed to run.  He’s the most durable QB in the NFL with twice the number of consecutive starts than any other QB in the NFL.  DB’s are more afraid of Allen Freight train than the other way around.

We can still do it this year.  All of us including me have to get used to Shakir, and Kinkaid along with targeted Knox packages.  Samuel shouldn’t take more than a few weeks.  Coleman will eventually develop, but you can’t expect mountains moved in a few weeks.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

giphy.gif

You list the best weapons on this team (not named Josh Allen) as guys who need to "take a step forward" (they did so last year)...while listing a journeyman/bum like Ty Johnson and 4th round 24 year old rookie Davis as an "upgrade" at RB??