JA makes TB12’s and Manning’s top five QB list

57 minutes ago, finn said:

He's electric and fascinating to watch, but no way has he ever been close to MVP quality. I agree with those who see a strong bias against Allen, who is a far more effective runner than Mahomes and a far more effective passer than Lamar, but who is white and has made "expert" evaluations look stupid. The white bias (I think) is a mostly unconscious correction of years of bias against black players at QB. It was BS then and it's BS now. Allen is the most talented quarterback the league has ever seen, with the size and physicality of Cam Newton and the creativity and drive of, yes, Mahomes. Give him weapons, protection, and a bold coach, and he'll win for you every year. 

Lamar deserved his first MVP, last year not even close to be in the top 3 IMO. As think Josh, CMC and Tyreek were all more deserving. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 8/20/2024 at 11:51 PM, GunnerBill said:

The way Manning phrased it about Herbert though I do understand what he is saying. I think he said "as talented as any of 'em" and while I don't necessarily agree he is as talented as Mahomes or Allen I think he is more talented than anyone else. I don't think the problem with Herbert that keeps him from being truly in the elite conversation is talent. I think it is heart and mentality. 

he needs to run way more with his legs than he currently does. And I think part of that comes down to heart. 

at the same time, I think both Allan and Mahomes are greatly underrated in terms of their agility and vision as runners.

when it comes to the talent of agility and vision as a runner, I do think Herbert is lacking in that department. And that may be the reason why he doesn’t run nearly as much.

trevor Lawrence suffers from some of the same. Can he run? Yes. But better agility and vision would go along way.

22 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

he needs to run way more with his legs than he currently does. And I think part of that comes down to heart. 

at the same time, I think both Allan and Mahomes are greatly underrated in terms of their agility and vision as runners.

when it comes to the talent of agility and vision as a runner, I do think Herbert is lacking in that department. And that may be the reason why he doesn’t run nearly as much.

trevor Lawrence suffers from some of the same. Can he run? Yes. But better agility and vision would go along way.

To me both Herbert and Lawrence lack the “it” factor, tremendously talented athletes, but I just don’t believe they love the game and have a burning passion for it.   Are they competitors?  Absolutely.   I think they are closer to Luck than Manning though.  This is their job, not their life.  The difference watching Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Brady etc is/was Football is everything.  They may say all the right things, but are they living it?  I venture to say no.  It may only be 1% different, but passion matters.