Why is this board so negative?

BufBills83

I would say this is just the norm these days in a public digital forum.

I think if you were to survey all Bills fans you'd find that the majority are typically optimistic about the Bills most of the time. You would pretty much have to have that general attitude about them to remain a fan through all the heartbreaks over the years.

Just like social media, along with product/entertainment reviews, the negative voices are always the loudest.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Hardly.  

Some posters are spoiled brats who throw tantrums when things don't go their way because that always worked with Mom and Dad.  

Some posters think that they're a whole lot smarter than anybody who coaches/manages a NFL football team that isn't named Belichick or Reid.

Some posters always see the glass as at least half empty.

Some posters are simply the south ends of northbound horses.

You’re right.  They are SoTeary.

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

Hardly.  

Some posters are spoiled brats who throw tantrums when things don't go their way because that always worked with Mom and Dad.  

Some posters think that they're a whole lot smarter than anybody who coaches/manages a NFL football team that isn't named Belichick or Reid.

Some posters always see the glass as at least half empty.

Some posters are simply the south ends of northbound horses.

Man, I wish my dad and mom allowed me to throw tantrums. I’m old enough to have gotten the belt. Unlike many millennial posters here that were barely out of the womb when the drought started. 

you sound like one of those rose colored glasses people tho. Good for you. Everything must be perfect in your life. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I'm not too negative, I still like our chances this year. 

But I'll admit, I'm not too confident in our coaching staff. And while I'm a huge Beane fan, he has some general philosophies I strongly disagree with, and he seems very stubborn and unwilling to make adjustments now that he is building a team around a generational QB. 

I don't think McDermott's seat is even lukewarm at the moment, likely multiple seasons of missed playoffs away from getting canned. And the thought of going the majority of Allen's prime with him as HC is a bit depressing as a fan.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Also if you want to cheer yourself, we could be the Vikings. Talk about an offseason from hell. Plus, 4 SBs losses and one of the best teams ever that didn’t win a SB lost when a kicker who didn’t miss a kick all year missed. 

The kick was indoors too! 

23 minutes ago, Metal Man said:

I would say this is just the norm these days in a public digital forum.

I think if you were to survey all Bills fans you'd find that the majority are typically optimistic about the Bills most of the time. You would pretty much have to have that general attitude about them to remain a fan through all the heartbreaks over the years.

Just like social media, along with product/entertainment reviews, the negative voices are always the loudest.

Great post

24 minutes ago, mrags said:

Man, I wish my dad and mom allowed me to throw tantrums. I’m old enough to have gotten the belt. Unlike many millennial posters here that were barely out of the womb when the drought started. 

you sound like one of those rose colored glasses people tho. Good for you. Everything must be perfect in your life. 

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, BufBills83 said:

Asking for a friend.

Have you gotten your answers?

Why do members of this board, who have a scant amount of posts, always start topics like this, but never make a reply to it? Asking for a friend.

15 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Pry the depressing feeling that we're wasting the most physically talented QB to ever play the game of football's career.

I think this is what a ton of people are feeling. We have arguably the best QB in the game but have been unable to get over the hump. It becomes harder to be sold on the same coach, less talent, teams around us getting better, yet this is our best year ahead? For me, an expectation of being in the Super Bowl has been replaced by hope. Maybe this can go right and we get there. Versus we should be there. We have done a good job at being a very good and respectable team. The only thing that could get high feeling back again would be something along the lines of getting CeeDee Lamb or a move that brings a legit threat to pair with Allen. Otherwise it is the wait and see how these pieces fit together. 

26 minutes ago, mrags said:

Some day your body isn’t going to save you from your big mouth 

Come on, are you serious? To me this is the whole point too many take this stuff way too seriously - it’s a game, sport, entertainment not life and death! 

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you wanna have a push up contest with our shirts off?

Hilarious 

Edited by amprov56