Why is this board so negative?

BufBills83

3 minutes ago, DrW said:

I agree with your post, and I actually agree with most of your posts on this board. But could you please do me a favor and drop the word "pry" in his context? You are using it quite often, and it does not make any sense anywhere. The expression you are looking for could be "pray tell", which is rather archaic but at leasty makes sense.

I agree.  "My best guess" or "imo" would pry be better than "pry."

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The best talented player it will ever have.  Josh is a great player, but Bruce Smith, OJ, Thurman, and Jimbo all say hello, as does the kid playing pee wee today that in a few years becomes a stud for the Bills.  

But you do you.

So folks get their jollies being incessantly negative.  No idea why.

Hey, this is my opinion not yours.

18 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Hey, the purpose of a board like this is to share opinions.

Oh I’m sorry. Here I thought I was giving my opinion to the OP and his question as to why people on this board think negatively about the Bills. 

maybe next time, in a thread titled “opinions of negative posters” you can give yours. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1

I think that to some extent, it is just the nature of sports fans.  Buffalo, in particular spent 2 decades mired in the mediocrity of its football team, and  now has enjoyed only a handful of years with the current relative success.  Even in the success of the last few years, Buffalo has suffered the agony of last second failures several times when they were on the cusp of greater success.  Still, I tend to be a relative optimist.  I temper it with a bit of realism, but I can usually see a way forward to finding success in the current circumstances.  This season is no different.  I think if a few things go right for the Bills in the inevitable critical situations that will arise this season, there is no particular reason the Bills can't find themselves in the Super Bowl.

Edited by BigAl2526
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Because some of us are realists and see this organization as wasting the best talented player it will ever have. Because some of us don’t look through everything with rose colored glasses. Because some of us actually want the team to do well at some point in their lives, and they know that the path we are now on is not it. 

The only ones who call themselves realists are pessimists. Just a fact.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Idiots behind keyboards. If instead of pseudonyms as our handles and we all used our real names and real faces instead of avatars things would be different.

That’s not to say that I don’t like this place because I do, but there are some posters on here who are total pond scum.

I have a long fuse, it’s hard to make me repulsed by someone but once they get to that point it’s hard to get off of my ***** list because typically I extend the olive branch out over and over again before it gets to that point.

Also, FWIW, it is a highly gratifying feeling to start trolling the people who troll you, so do keep that in my mind. There’s no reason that you can’t follow them around and pay them that negativity back tenfold.

1 minute ago, ghostwriter said:

Idiots behind keyboards. If instead of pseudonyms as our handles and we all used our real names and real faces instead of avatars things would be different.

That’s not to say that I don’t like this place because I do, but there are some posters on here who are total pond scum.

I have a long fuse, it’s hard to make me repulsed by someone but once they get to that point it’s hard to get off of my ***** list because typically I extend the olive branch out over and over again before it gets to that point.

Also, FWIW, it is a highly gratifying feeling to start trolling the people who troll you, so do keep that in my mind. There’s no reason that you can’t follow them around and pay them that negativity back tenfold.

are you supposed to be one of the positive ones or something

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ghostwriter said:

I would say that peaceful is a better word. I will extend the olive branch out over and over again before I write someone off as a dbag.

im just saying...those are some big feelings about people you happen to disagree w over the internet

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, major said:

Flying Car GIF by Back to the Future TrilogyThis board is going to be positive when I get back. I’m going to fix a few bills plays here and there and we should have 7 Super Bowl rings once I’m done 🎥 

godspeed major 🫡 

• Haha (+1) 2