Why is this board so negative?

BufBills83

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Very loose rewrite here

let's not pretend @GunnerBill didn't run a two year crusade against Allen 

I didn't. Find the two year crusade. You won't be able to. I hated the pick. But aftet that I was completely fair to him on how he played game by game. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I didn't. Find the two year crusade. You won't be able to. I hated the pick. But aftet that I was completely fair to him on how he played game by game. 

I'm not going to dig thru 7 years worth of posts

The point is people only find what they disagree with 'negativity', when they happen to agree it's 'realism'

I just call it hypocrisy for what it is and move on but I guess some people feel compelled to start entire threads about it

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

The point is people only find what they disagree with 'negativity', when they happen to agree it's 'realism'

I just call it hypocrisy for what it is and move on but I guess some people feel compelled to start entire threads about it

You wouldn't find them. I am happy to own hating the Josh Allen pick. I did. A two year crusade is simply not true. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

No, this is wrong; there is critical comments and complete anger and negative attitude yes doom and gloom! Criticizing  draft pick is one thing, complete and constant anger hoping the team fails to prove a point is another. Gunner Bill while I did not agree with him was not in the same league as the rest of you!

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Any word on who's playing tomorrow??

I hope you’ve been stretching! 

How many snaps did Josh get this preseason? He ran once, slid, and they packed him in bubble wrap. They can’t cut a preseason game (or three) fast enough. At least an 18th game counts for something. 

Regardless if we play great or not, I take preseason with the grain of salt. Playing well in preseason doesn’t mean we’ll play well in the regular season, and playing bad in the preseason doesn’t mean we won’t play well during the regular season. It’s a toss up. Nobody knows until the real bullets fly. 

Having said that, the reason why some of us aren’t confident or is frustrated with this team is because we’re understandably very concerned with injuries, our wide receiver core, the safety core, the pass rush, Tyler Bass, and backup QB, coupled with the fact that our passing game has played like trash in both preseason games. Also, it bothers us to see teams like Philadelphia, Houston, and Miami add more offensive weapons this offseason despite having a damn good offense the year before. Those teams weren’t content with what they had, they wanted more. Philly adds Saquon Barkley and Jahan Dotson to AJ Brown, DeVonta Smith, and Dallas Goedert, Houston adds Stephon Diggs Joe Mixon to Nico Collins, Tank Dell, and Dalton Schultz, and Miami adds OBJ, Jonnu Smith, and 4th round rookie RB Jaylen Wright to Tyreke Hill, Jaylen Waddle, De’Von Achane, and Raheem Mostert. In comparison, there’s a sizable difference in offensive firepower between those teams and the Bills. 

On paper, Allen’s WR depth chart as a whole looks like trash. There’s only 4 WR’s on this team who deserves to be on the 53 man roster… Keon Coleman, Khalil Shakir, Curtis Samuel, and Mack Hollins, the rest are trash. The Bills typically carry 5 WR’s on the 53 man roster. I believe the 5th WR is currently not on this roster. in my opinion, Mack Hollins is the 5th best WR on our depth chart which means we’re missing a number 4 WR in addition to a true number 1 WR. 

If I had to take an educated guess on what this offense will most likely look like this season it would be we’re going to see a lot of double TE sets and running the football a lot like we did the second half of last season. Unlike the WR core, our TE’s and RB’s are strengths to this offense. 

Also, don’t be surprised to see Keon Coleman come off the bench in favor of Mack Hollins for a couple of games at the beginning of the season. I envision a 50/50 timeshare between the two. I hope I’m wrong, but I believe Coleman isn’t ready just yet to take on a full time role. 

In the passing game, we’re most likely going to see mostly Khalil Shakir, Curtis Samuel, and Dalton Kincaid. In the running game, a combination of James Cook, Ray Davis, and Ty Johnson. Mack Hollins will be used primarily for blocking. Shakir mostly in the slot. Samuel will be utilized as a Swiss Army knife type weapon who lines up everywhere including the backfield as a runner. Kincaid will mostly line up in the slot with Knox mostly lined up as the inline TE. MVS will most likely be our 5th WR. 

I’ve got Darquan Hardy as our starting primary Kickoff and Punt Returner. 

This offense can potentially be damn good. Keon Coleman is the X factor. 

Edited by Trust The Process
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/22/2024 at 7:18 AM, RunTheBall said:

Enjoy the emotional rollercoaster and at least we have a team with a chance to get to and win the SB.

Given results of the last four years this is a very generous classification for this team. 

On 8/22/2024 at 7:34 AM, SoCal Deek said:

Win one? I think the vast majority of fans would settle for just getting to a Super Bowl right now. 

I’m not sure about majority. It seems like there’s a lot of fans that still think this team with Allen will win multiple championships. 

5 hours ago, SoTier said:

Reid's won three.

Doesn’t change the fact that the Eagles won it all after firing Reid.  Reid might never have won one in Philly and he certainly would not have won one in KC without Mahomes.

I dunno, why is your mom so late with my dinner?!

Sorry, got a little heated for a moment.

But for real, why are the Bills so good at breaking our hearts? Perhaps that could be the reason for negativity...

Reality sets in, and you spend another post-season watching the Chiefs march to the Super Bowl (and after having spent 2 decades watching the Patriots do the same), and eventually you start to think "are curses real?"

8 hours ago, amprov56 said:

No, this is wrong; there is critical comments and complete anger and negative attitude yes doom and gloom! Criticizing  draft pick is one thing, complete and constant anger hoping the team fails to prove a point is another. Gunner Bill while I did not agree with him was not in the same league as the rest of you!

I can honestly say I've never seen a post like this in my entire life... Neither here or on the old BBMB.

Can you provide any example of someone rooting for failure to prove a point, or is this just you assuming that's how people feel when they're negative about something?

Edited by BigDingus

18 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

You seem to be very fond of McDermott, otherwise; why would you be so defensive and let my opinion of him cause you nervous frustration?

I am merely posting my opinion of the Bill's head coach on a Bills board. You can't make me like McDermott as a coach by forcing me to, or by giving me vicious verbal warnings LOL! It really shouldn't matter so much to you what I think.  

Caring this much about my opinion is completely futile and I don't see how doing so brings you any joy.

Cheers and GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weird response.  I don’t care whether you “like” McDermott as a coach or not.  I think it’s indisputable that he is a good human being and has completely changed the way both players and fans view the Buffalo Bills.  He’s not a perfect coach and I’ve never said he is.

Rather, it’s your ridiculous and baseless assertions that McD controls Beane and makes all personnel decisions that leave me rolling my eyes.  You’ve dug your heels in with this insane conspiracy theory and it boggles my mind.  I’m a logical person and when people don’t act logically I’m flummoxed.

But in the end, I don’t really care one little bit about what fans think about the Bills and their management; it’s more important to me how people treat each other.  I come here as a diversion and because I love the Bills.  I also see no point in ruminating over things I can’t control.

Have a great weekend.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

My first thought when I saw this pic: Good that Valdes-Scantling has rather broad shoulders. Otherwise we would need two lines for his name.

8 hours ago, BigDingus said:

I dunno, why is your mom so late with my dinner?!

Sorry, got a little heated for a moment.

But for real, why are the Bills so good at breaking our hearts? Perhaps that could be the reason for negativity...

Reality sets in, and you spend another post-season watching the Chiefs march to the Super Bowl (and after having spent 2 decades watching the Patriots do the same), and eventually you start to think "are curses real?"

I can honestly say I've never seen a post like this in my entire life... Neither here or on the old BBMB.

Can you provide any example of someone rooting for failure to prove a point, or is this just you assuming that's how people feel when they're negative about something?

Yikes dude. 

2 hours ago, eball said:

Weird response.  I don’t care whether you “like” McDermott as a coach or not.  I think it’s indisputable that he is a good human being and has completely changed the way both players and fans view the Buffalo Bills.  He’s not a perfect coach and I’ve never said he is.

Rather, it’s your ridiculous and baseless assertions that McD controls Beane and makes all personnel decisions that leave me rolling my eyes.  You’ve dug your heels in with this insane conspiracy theory and it boggles my mind.  I’m a logical person and when people don’t act logically I’m flummoxed.

But in the end, I don’t really care one little bit about what fans think about the Bills and their management; it’s more important to me how people treat each other.  I come here as a diversion and because I love the Bills.  I also see no point in ruminating over things I can’t control.

Have a great weekend.

Stop being so silly. You use adjectives such as "weird'" "ridiculous," "baseless'" and "insane" to describe my posts. This is your opinion, which you certainly have the right to hold. It doesn't however make your insults correct. 

On the same note, I find your posts to be tedious, trite, predictable, and ever so boring but again; this does not mean that my opinions are to be held by all. 

Have a great weekend. Do enjoy this, and all of your other diversions! 👍:)

Edited by Bill from NYC