Why is this board so negative?

BufBills83

4 minutes ago, amprov56 said:

Wonderful idea, in his 70's, he will tear apart the organization in his quest - maybe two good years and just because he is BB does not guarantee a SB then we go into total rebuild mold for who knows how long. The fast food generation at work!!!

He wants to catch Shula for the all-time wins record as a HC. He was a terrible GM and that led to his last few years at NE being crap. He is a great HC and probably the GOAT. With an elite level QB, he went to 9 Super Bowls and won 6 of them. He also probably wants to prove to the NFL world that he can win a Super Bowl without Brady. He is a better HC and DC then Sean. It won't happen as I think will end up in Dallas if McCarthy gets fired but it would be wonderful to have Bill coaching the Bills with Allen as his QB. 

Just now, Gregg said:

He wants to catch Shula for the all-time wins record as a HC. He was a terrible GM and that led to his last few years at NE being crap. He is a great HC and probably the GOAT. With an elite level QB, he went to 9 Super Bowls and won 6 of them. He also probably wants to prove to the NFL world that he can win a Super Bowl without Brady. He is a better HC and DC then Sean. It won't happen as I think will end up in Dallas if McCarthy gets fired but it would be wonderful to have Bill coaching the Bills with Allen as his QB. 

Sorry, great post but he will be a dumpster fire (if) wherever he goes, I'm sure he will remain the shiny object. And the team he inherits will pay for years!

Just now, amprov56 said:

Sorry, great post but he will be a dumpster fire (if) wherever he goes, I'm sure he will remain the shiny object. And the team he inherits will pay for years!

I don't see him going to a team that is in a full rebuild like the Giants as he is in his 70's. I don't think he wants to go through a rebuild anyway. His motivation is to catch Shula and prove he can win without Brady. A team that is ready to win now I think he would do well as long as his understands he is just the head coach. If he wants to be the GM than forget it. He was a terrible GM

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

I don't see him going to a team that is in a full rebuild like the Giants as he is in his 70's. I don't think he wants to go through a rebuild anyway. His motivation is to catch Shula and prove he can win without Brady. A team that is ready to win now I think he would do well as long as his understands he is just the head coach. If he wants to be the GM than forget it. He was a terrible GM

BB is too dominant with a huge ego, he cannot/will not walk into an organization in any capacity without restructuring in his image then you have long term problems. BB is the GOAT, no argument but I would not go anywhere near him, great discussion on ESPN with the same conclusion. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Negative. . . .you call this negative? Wait for the first loss of the year . . . dum de dum dum . . . dummmmm

Loss, the first incomplete pass of the year! The first game not won by forty or more points! Right on, great post!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

giphy.gif

Daily on TBD

1 hour ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Negative. . . .you call this negative? Wait for the first loss of the year . . . dum de dum dum . . . dummmmm

I remember after a mid season loss someone posted “fire everybody now and hire Jim Harbaugh;” it was mid season! When someone pointed out it was mid season and Harbaugh was under contract the adamant response was to offer Harbaugh 50 Million! It can get crazy but it is also entertaining!

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Hell if the Bills only win week 1 24-20 or something close the locals will be restless

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/21/2024 at 3:36 PM, amprov56 said:

Can we wait and get some new material, I’m sure new events will occur in 2024 that will cause emotional breakdowns and no, I don’t think the answer is obvious I’m not a card carrying member of the fire everybody gang, sorry to disappoint! 

A question was asked. I answered it. Looks like you clicked on the wrong thread if you didn't want to hear the answers, as old and obvious as they may be.

I don't mind the varied takes. I do mind the "Billsy" and choke labels thrown all the time. Go watch some YT videos of epic comebacks/fails and you'll see a LOT of other teams have had crazy heart breaking losses. Of course as Bills fans we don't care much about those ha ha, but to think only the Bills and a few select teams suffer those kind of losses is idiocy. I also dislike fans that find all the faults in the Bills but somehow think highly of other coaches and teams, even when they have similar or worse records! They are like nagging negative wives.

Now, a Superbowl win would cure everything. It just would. And I hope it happens!

5 hours ago, Gregg said:

Belichick was a great DEFENSIVE coach, and of course a lousy GM. A quick search of his record without Brady found this:

Belichick has just two playoff appearances in the 10 full years without Brady (counting 2008 since Brady was injured in the first game of the year). He has just three winning records and is only 1-2 in the postseason -- with no division titles. Didn't help Brady won a Super Bowl in his first year post-Belichick.Jan 11, 2024

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/21/2024 at 11:20 AM, mrags said:

Man, I wish my dad and mom allowed me to throw tantrums. I’m old enough to have gotten the belt. Unlike many millennial posters here that were barely out of the womb when the drought started. 

you sound like one of those rose colored glasses people tho. Good for you. Everything must be perfect in your life. 

Because I've been a Bills fan since 1963, I sure as hell know what a bad football team looks like, and the 2024 Bills ain't a bad football team.    I witnessed first-hand the hopeless non-NFL caliber teams of the 1970s;  the badly coached teams in the 1980s after Chuck Knox left and before Marv took over; and the management of the team that put profits far ahead of winning football games that resulted in the Drought.  Pegula, Beane and McDermott are doing their best to put the best team they can on the field and win a Lombardi, which is good enough for me. 

I am not going to whine about the Bills like they're perennial bottom feeders and demand a regime change just for change's sake.   Nothing on the field is guaranteed in the NFL, which is why games are played on grass and turf and not on paper, so before I jump on the bandwagon to get rid of the HC and/or the GM, I have to see actual evidence the HC and/or GM have actually failed, not the accusations of random fans on a message board.

If that's being "one of those rose colored glassed people",  I don't particularly care.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Kwai San said:

I am surprised this is only at Page 12.......

Don’t worry, we’re just getting started. 

I’ve met many of you at tailgates, games, hotels or airports. This is one ugly group of people!  

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Because I've been a Bills fan since 1963, I sure as hell know what a bad football team looks like, and the 2024 Bills ain't a bad football team.    I witnessed first-hand the hopeless non-NFL caliber teams of the 1970s;  the badly coached teams in the 1980s after Chuck Knox left and before Marv took over; and the management of the team that put profits far ahead of winning football games that resulted in the Drought.  Pegula, Beane and McDermott are doing their best to put the best team they can on the field and win a Lombardi, which is good enough for me. 

I am not going to whine about the Bills like they're perennial bottom feeders and demand a regime change just for change's sake.   Nothing on the field is guaranteed in the NFL, which is why games are played on grass and turf and not on paper, so before I jump on the bandwagon to get rid of the HC and/or the GM, I have to see actual evidence the HC and/or GM have actually failed, not the accusations of random fans on a message board.

If that's being "one of those rose colored glassed people",  I don't particularly care.

You haven’t seen McDermott fail multiple times in the playoffs? Ok. 

you and I aren’t much different. Other than the fact that you are optimistic they can win. And I’m pessimistic in thinking we won’t ever win with this coach. And for that I’d rather just tear the Band-aid off and start over with a new coach. 

fwiw I was a fan of McDermotts until the season AFTER 13 seconds. But I have seen him continually make the same mistakes over and over. From the building of the roster, to the gameday team on the field, and to the schemes and plays being called, or projected on to his coordinators. Because of all this I prefer to walk away from him. I don’t ever believe he will win one and every season with him as the HC I believe it is a waste, as well as taking up prime years from our good players. He ruined Hyde and Poyers chances, Diggs was over it and that’s why he wanted out imo. I just hope we don’t see Allen wasted his entire career and he never gets to the big game. All because Pegula and the majority of the Bills fan base are too scared to go back to the cellar of the league. Here’s a hint, with this QB, we’re in the conversation every single year, that will not change unless there’s and injury. No matter who the HC is. 

To the OP, I think the board is more negative for the following reasons:

1.  After several years of the Bills being Superbowl contenders, this year they really aren't.  That hurts.

2.  The personnel that has been chosen/prioritized shows a lessened value for the WR.  That makes for a less exciting product and hurts the potential of what many see as a potentially great QB.   That can be frustrating.

3. When  you evaluate the moves made this year most objective observers would downgrade their overall evaluation of Beane.  The cap situation was his doing along with a part in the Diggs saga.  Coming to terms that you don't have a great GM is disappointing.

When you have a lot of hurt, frustrated, and disappointed people the board can get negative.

• Like (+1) 1