Why is this board so negative?

BufBills83

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

People literally believe they can read a few page article and be at the Doctoral or Scholarly level.

They were able to get the same amount of information in a 15 minute read as a Doctor who spent 10 years in college.  There are people who literally believe this.

I get this all the time…

14 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Stop! You MUST see only the good and refrain from rational explanations like the above. You wanna know why? Because some posters demand that you view things ONLY in the exact same way as they do. 

The ironic part is, I truly believe that most of the rose colored glasses folks take the Bills losses and various blunders that you named above worse than I do. I try look at the team as rationally as I can. My expectations are not very high this season but I will be cheering as loud as any fan. I just can't bring myself to be robotic and praise every move that Bills management makes. There is  too much of that in the country these days.

Jmo.

That door swings both ways though.  I try to start every season optimistic and hopeful .

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

That door swings both ways though.  I try to start every season optimistic and hopeful .

And well you should. I am more hopeful than optimistic. 

A poster in this thread made a GREAT point about anger being the result of unmet expectations. This makes sense to me. I used to freak out after every stupid draft. What was that helping? Now, idiotic drafts do not anger me even half as much as they did previously. I pretty much just throw up my hands and shrug my shoulders. My expectations are not high. 

That said, what I cannot do is pretend that McDermott and co. are giving Josh enough weapons. However, I hope to be wrong. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

And well you should. I am more hopeful than optimistic. 

A poster in this thread made a GREAT point about anger being the result of unmet expectations. This makes sense to me. I used to freak out after every stupid draft. What was that helping? Now, idiotic drafts do not anger me even half as much as they did previously. I pretty much just throw up my hands and shrug my shoulders. My expectations are not high. 

That said, what I cannot do is pretend that McDermott and co. are giving Josh enough weapons. However, I hope to be wrong. 

I think we have weapons; it’s how Brady uses them.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

…and Josh. 

But yes, it will be interesting to see what we will really look like this year, even if we know it’s a work in progress. 

5 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The Jets and Dolphin fans are bored 

They come here looking for love ❤️ 

You jest, but the Dolphin fans and media and Jets fan and media generally have higher expectations for their teams than Bills fans and media generally do.  There is no rational reason for this.  Bills fans should expect the Bills to dominate the AFC East with relative ease. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, Chaos said:

You jest, but the Dolphin fans and media and Jets fan and media generally have higher expectations for their teams than Bills fans and media generally do.  There is no rational reason for this.  Bills fans should expect the Bills to dominate the AFC East with relative ease. 

TBD attracts doom and gloom/drama likes moths to a flame!

• Haha (+1) 1

Some people can't function unless they are miserable. They are too stupid to enjoy the moment, enjoy what we are watching right now, and piss on everything. Exactly they type of people that if I knew them in person, I'd make a point of avoiding. So I block most of them here. To them, everything sucks. Life is too short for that kind of crap.

I prefer to focus on the positive, and find joy in everyday life, including the good people here and my love of the Bills. Makes life better.

Edited by todd
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, MJS said:

I don't think you know much about me. I really don't mind if people disagree with me. And I am in no way a bright eyed optimist. I think I have a pretty measured approach to things, personally. But you may view it differently. Perhaps you follow my posts and interpret them differently. That's up to you.

Sure, it's not a fact. Rather, it is an observation.

I agree. There are many here. But they don't announce their realism because they don't need to. Only the pessimists do that.

I think you’re rather measured-  definitely not a wide eyed optimist.  Always give your honest take, sometimes positive, sometimes not.  👍🏻 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Yup.

It's arguably the historically most common way to win a title, very very good defense, and an elite/near-elite QB making an offensive unit better than the pre-season roster looks like it can.

Been said a million times so far, and that's only in this thread, but that right there is the story of the 2023 Super Bowl-winning Kansas City Chiefs.

Brady also needs to be very good, I think you're dead right here.

15 hours ago, Augie said:

He went to significant effort to list all the bad things that have happened, while completely ignoring anything and everything good that happened over that same time. I found a lot of good entertainment and had some great times with fellow Bills fans over that same period of time. Some balance in life can be nice. 

Yup, precisely, Augie.

I don't find it negative at all. It's people talking about football...there's positives and there's negatives to be discussed. The Bills leaders, like all humans,  are far from perfect and this is a discussion forum.

I find the incessant cheerleading from some posters (and the inability to entertain any thought that the Bills may not be on the right course) to be far more annoying than the people sharing their insights and ideas on what could be done better. 

I can't speak for others but being critical of the Bills doesn't diminish my appreciation of the team, the game, or the sport.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, corta765 said:

Agreed. Since 2017 every time at least regular season wise when they seemed counted out on the year in some capacity (2017 3 game losing streak 5-5 Peterman game, 2019 post Pats game 1, 2021 TB loss 7-6, and last year after PHI loss) they do comeback pretty strong and answer the bell.

That is because they are well led. Whatever people think of McDermott as an in-game strategist and tactician his abilities as a leader and culture builder should be undisputed. If the Bills fired him which franchise without a Head Coach needing a re-set would be chomping at the bit to hire him. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That is because they are well led. Whatever people think of McDermott as an in-game strategist and tactician his abilities as a leader and culture builder should be undisputed. If the Bills fired him which franchise without a Head Coach needing a re-set would be chomping at the bit to hire him. 

That's the rub though.  Truly great coaches master both and there are very few of them.  I'm a stay the course guy with McDermott because I think he's smarter than people give him credit for as he's constantly looking to improve in that area. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

That's the rub though.  Truly great coaches master both and there are very few of them.  I'm a stay the course guy with McDermott because I think he's smarter than people give him credit for as he's constantly looking to improve in that area. 

Sure. And there are points there that can be debated. I don't think anyone would call McDermott a "truly great" coach at this stage. But you don't have to be a truly great coach to win a Superbowl. Doug Pederson is a great strategist and a bad leader who lost a locker room within 18 months of bringing it a Lombardi, he won a Superbowl. Mike McCarthy is an average strategist who managed to hold a Green Bay locker room together through an injury ravaged season of adversity, he won a Superbowl too. McDermott has something still to prove, there is no question about that. But his ability to lead is why the Bills have answered the bell at the crunch point of seasons over his 7 years in charge. 

• Agree 3

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Sure. And there are points there that can be debated. I don't think anyone would call McDermott a "truly great" coach at this stage. But you don't have to be a truly great coach to win a Superbowl. Doug Pederson is a great strategist and a bad leader who lost a locker room within 18 months of bringing it a Lombardi, he won a Superbowl. Mike McCarthy is an average strategist who managed to hold a Green Bay locker room together through an injury ravaged season of adversity, he won a Superbowl too. McDermott has something still to prove, there is no question about that. But his ability to lead is why the Bills have answered the bell at the crunch point of seasons over his 7 years in charge. 

The fact that he got through that Ty Dunne article the way that he did really impressed me.  To survive that, and 13 seconds, and to navigate the Diggs drama, tells me he is a leader of men.  

• Agree 1